The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas

+17
Vegantor
Pathfinder
AgustaBE
AceofCombat
Squadleader
F-35 Lightning II
Jarhead
General Psycho
Tusker2Zero
James100
guppy19
Pyrospastiac
Gamerex
Aydynbek
Snake
Matolck
Marc15yo [Admin]
21 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 Empty Re: Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas

Post  Tusker2Zero Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:29 am

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 Smiley-whacky077
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 Empty Re: Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas

Post  Snake Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:02 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Hopefully it's be just the opposite Twisted Evil
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:53 pm

hmmm i already know anything of this mod:D:D:D

tell me anything?

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Hehehe, I'd say you would need to play to get to know the new changes this mod will bring (which will be a lot Laughing ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:33 am

yes i knowD:D:D:D:D thats why iam waiting for:D:D:D

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:57 am

Are there Superweapons will be included in the game?
Like ICBM, or other else?
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:10 am

No, But By Superweapons, We Will Include The Most Heavy That Will Play Role As Superweapons,
Example: The Tomahawk ,The Real Kind Not Like Zero Hour
The DESTRUCTIVE KIND!
Dun Worry Guys , Fire Power In TAOW Will Be At MAX!!!
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:57 am

Definitely Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

TAOW's Tomahawks will be a completely different history in comparison to ZH's Twisted Evil

Airstrikes and Artillery in TAOW are a completely different thing from ZH Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:39 am

That's 100% awesome! Rock on! Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 825558

Structures get explode! Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471

and my PC will surely explode because of playing this mod 24/7...LOL
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Honestly I like this mod...I can't wait to play this mod... Rock on! Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 825558 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 77220 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 662572
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:42 am

lol! Many thanks Rock on! Thumbs Up!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:52 am

Guys, I'm planning to make a blog and I would like to ask permission because I want to feature this mod in my blog... If it is ok to you? Sad

I believe this mod will change the point of views of gamers in ZH! Razz
and ZH CD's will be put out in the dusted box again...

and the ZH era will be reborn again.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 326214 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 338179
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:01 pm

F-35 Lightning II wrote:Guys, I'm planning to make a blog and I would like to ask permission because I want to feature this mod in my blog... If it is ok to you? Sad

Certainly Thumbs Up! sunny

F-35 Lightning II wrote:I believe this mod will change the point of views of gamers in ZH! Razz
and ZH CD's will be put out in the dusted box again...

and the ZH era will be reborn again.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 326214 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 338179

Thanks Cool , we certainly want people to start to have fun with the old school ZH yet again Laughing . Zero Hour still has a lot of unused potential, it's time for someone to take it to it's limits Twisted Evil Laughing
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:01 am

too true. in my opinion, no rts had ever EVAR in all the years ZH was aging, none of them topped it's particle effects. only recently with World in Conflict has someone finally made better booms. (it only took em afew years!!! lol! )

but that's the one reason i still play so much ZH, i'm obsessed with it's particle capabilities!!!
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:20 am

Pyrospastiac wrote:too true. in my opinion, no rts had ever EVAR in all the years ZH was aging, none of them topped it's particle effects. only recently with World in Conflict has someone finally made better booms. (it only took em afew years!!! lol! )

lol! lol! lol!
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:35 am

Guys, are bunker buster missiles upgrade will be included in the game?
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:52 am

Yup! Rolling Eyes
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:01 am

Chuck norris won't be able to hide in the building with her cam girls.

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 338179 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 852691

He will surely be roasted like turkey... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:09 am

Razz
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:27 am

Pyrospastiac wrote:too true. in my opinion, no rts had ever EVAR in all the years ZH was aging, none of them topped it's particle effects. only recently with World in Conflict has someone finally made better booms. (it only took em afew years!!! lol! )

but that's the one reason i still play so much ZH, i'm obsessed with it's particle capabilities!!!

Yeah, we may need to ask some ZH particle pros (modders) to give us some backup with the new effects sunny

F-35 Lightning II wrote:Chuck norris won't be able to hide in the building with her cam girls.

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 338179 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 852691

He will surely be roasted like turkey... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 225471
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:11 am

To be more realistic I suggest that tanks or other combat vehicles should have a ammo round bar like the health bar of the units... because in reality there is no tank or combat vehicle that can fire infinetely without depleting its ammo...

I suggest to have a reloading system..

the repair vehicle gets the ammo from a supply bundle, then it can distribute some supply and ammos for tanks or other combat vehicles...
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:08 am

We Are sunny , But Only If We Are Sure Of The Coding Issues Sad
We Are Gonna Make, A Full Reloading With Refueling System , If We Are Sure Of The Coding,
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:11 am

RTS+RPG would be cool
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:37 pm

F-35 Lightning II wrote:To be more realistic I suggest that tanks or other combat vehicles should have a ammo round bar like the health bar of the units... because in reality there is no tank or combat vehicle that can fire infinetely without depleting its ammo...

I suggest to have a reloading system..

the repair vehicle gets the ammo from a supply bundle, then it can distribute some supply and ammos for tanks or other combat vehicles...

Just as James said, we will try try to include a new refueling and rearming system (vehicles would actually waste fuel and ammo in real time).

However we have to keep ZH coding limitations in mind, we will eventually try to include such a system (with unique supply and fuel units for those purposes).

Jarhead wrote:RTS+RPG would be cool

Yeah Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 326214
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:53 pm

I don't know about you guys but I am a huge Tom Clancy fan, (read alot of his books) and in those books are alot of great ideas. Like for instance, the Cardinal of the Kremlin. The idea behind the book is that Russia has constructed a land based laser (another version of a "partical cannon." which in the game I personally thought was kind of stupid But instead of it shooting back down to hit the Earth its purpose is to knock out satellites and incoming ICBM's. Thus ffecting Americas ability to use their subs ICBM's at sea considering they use GPS to be guided to the target. Opposed to the Russians who's ICBM's where more land based with set coordinates @ launch. In the game it would be cool if you could do this and take out enemy RADAR. Not zap ground units out of nowhere. This would allow for one side to disable the enemy's radar, thus blinding them and thwarting off or hindering any attack. I know "bases" are not included in the game but strategic points are. I propose to have hydro electric plants or other power sources (Nuclear, Wind, Coal, Gas, Oil) that when captured, can be utilized to power such things. Now I am not one to have extravegant weapons such as the partical cannon or the sneak attack of the GLA. But this is a weapon that does exsist, China about 2 years ago tested it on one of their own satellites (Tested not shooting down). The U.S. has its own laser weapon, the YAL-A1 Airborne Laser system is a modified 747 with a very powerful laser mounted on her nose. As for the EU... I am still looking for something comparable but there are plenty of other options to explore.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:58 pm

James also proposed the inclusion of anti-satellite weapons, there are weapons like the American ASM-135 ASAT (Anti-Satellite Weapon/Missile) which was actually successfully used when it was fired from an F-15 to shoot down an old satellite in 1985:

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 ASAT

The Chinese used an SC-19 ASAT missile to take out their weather satellite.

The last anti-satellite weapon which was used was the American RIM-161 Standard Missile 3 (aka SM-3) which was fired from a Ticonderoga-Class Cruiser almost an year ago (February 2008) to down a failing spy satellite.

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 7 SM-3

Though these ASW (Anti-Satellite Weapons) are quite interesting (and are actually available for use), the fact is that "shooting down" a satellite in ZH is an extremely difficult coding task pale (the closest thing it could do would be to reapply the fog of war on specific locations, but we have opted to use less "exotic" alternatives), we have opted to probably include other vehicles which will Jam the enemy satellites (kinda act like "Gap Generators"), GPS Jammers mounted in specific vehicles I mean (please note that it's just a theory and wasn't fully accepted for inclusion at this point).

If some of these Anti Satellite weapons will be included in TAOW, then they will most likely appear during the campaign as non-controllable units (like the YAL-1 which may make a cameo appearance).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next