The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Mode Ideas

+6
Tusker2Zero
James100
AgustaBE
Pyrospastiac
Snake
Jarhead
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission Mode Ideas

Post  James100 Sat May 09, 2009 3:18 pm

This Type Will Go To Spec. Ops Style Missions, Only A Small Spec Ops. Team, Will Have To Infiltrate Etc...
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat May 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Absolutely, in fact, we're including a very expanded Spec Ops Class (instead of having just a couple of Operators we'll have various specialized options), our Special Forces soldiers will be definitely quite notorious for their specialized gear/uniform and actually modified weapons, they'll definitely rock Rock on!.
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon May 11, 2009 1:43 am

Snake wrote:Absolutely, in fact, we're including a very expanded Spec Ops Class (instead of having just a couple of Operators we'll have various specialized options), our Special Forces soldiers will be definitely quite notorious for their specialized gear/uniform and actually modified weapons, they'll definitely rock Rock on!.

Thank God. I'm so tired of wasting hours trying to make the army I want out of the tid bits EA gave us to work with. Then wasting time "training" the soldiers to increase their veterancy to have somewhat elite units, and then by the time they actually become somewhat useful is about the same time the other team who hasen't been taking over and "training" 3 armies has their most advanced units that can screw your infantry like a drunk girl at a frat party. Its hardly worth the time and effort to even try specializing your army in ZH. I'm bettin big on TAOW being all that and a bag of chips cause frankly look at the alternative. ^

Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 254158
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon May 11, 2009 6:02 pm

lol! Damn right, and I know precisely what ya mean, I also usually tried to create "specialized" groups and use a Chinook to drop them in important map areas (to make them more "Tactical" so to speak). Basically, to create a "special" team in ZH generally follows these steps:

1. We create a mixed team with our attention and dedication (taking a while till we have all the soldiers we want);

2. We send them to the frontlines to capture tactical locations (like Oil Derricks);

3. Their veterancy level eventually levels up and just as when we think we have the "perfect squad":

4. ... the casual Scorpion tank (or any tank for that matter) randomly pops in the scene out of nowhere, hits and run part or all of our "special team" and disappears out of sight just as fast as it appeared on scene;

5. We curse our foolishness for trying to use infantry instead of just spamming tanks/planes and:

6. Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 Tactical_facepalm
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon May 11, 2009 10:23 pm

Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 897825 Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 338179

Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 759681 Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 109560 Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 36863 Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 2626 Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 326214
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue May 12, 2009 1:11 pm

lol! Damn right, fortunately it won't be the same in TAOW (soldiers will be "properly" equipped Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 648248).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Tue May 12, 2009 5:48 pm

Yahoo! Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 Happy-102
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  OLIVES Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:45 am

i would like to see the The Intelligent Munitions System.

it would also be cool if pilots had a pistol or compact smg

OLIVES
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:13 am

For The Intelligent Guidance Munitions, I'll Have To Check With The Rest Of The Team Cool
For The Pilots, DEFINITELY! sunny Every Single Combat Unit Will Be Armed And Pilot Will Be One Of Em Cool
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Speaking of which, a similar system, the M93 HORNET mine is likely to be included in TAOW.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:03 pm

I was kinda thinking something like JDAM for like B-52 or stealth/whatever, where you can pick out your various targets (should be pretty high on the tech tree) A B-52 carries like 26 or 7 of them bad boys though, So it would be very powerful since ZH has a birds eye view, and you can hit practically anything you see. I was also wondering, things like the APC they hold like 16/17 soldiers, is that possible with ZH?
Oh yeah, and want to see sharks with fricking lasers on their heads? Is that too much to ask? j\k
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:59 am

Jarhead wrote:I was kinda thinking something like JDAM for like B-52 or stealth/whatever, where you can pick out your various targets (should be pretty high on the tech tree) A B-52 carries like 26 or 7 of them bad boys though, So it would be very powerful since ZH has a birds eye view, and you can hit practically anything you see.

At this moment we have planned to include three types of American GPB's (General Purpose Bombs) for general air-to-ground attack, the Mark 80 Series are in the middle of the action and serve as the prototypes which are being currently coded and included in game Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 225471 (specially the Mk.82 version).

• "Dumb Bombs"
    Conventional unguided munitions typically used by Multirole aircraft (the Mk.82 is the basic F-16 Air-to-Ground form of attack) and Strategic Bombers (used in larger numbers by aircraft such as B-52's).

• "Retarded Variants"
    Mainly used by Strike Fighters (like the F-15E) in small, tactical bombing runs, the Mk.82's with the Snakeye tailfins (used for low altitude release) are an example.

Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 14313_39_1

• "Smart Bombs"
    Guided munitions with superior precision, an example is the GBU-38 JDAM (a fully guided variant of the Mk.82).

Smart munitions will be typically obtained via higher class aircraft or special upgrades.

Jarhead wrote:I was also wondering, things like the APC they hold like 16/17 soldiers, is that possible with ZH?

Yup (depending on the specific vehicle), it's also applicable for transport aircraft/helos (an example will be the higher capacity Chinooks/Sea Stallions which will have larger transport capabilities).

Jarhead wrote:Oh yeah, and want to see sharks with fricking lasers on their heads? Is that too much to ask? j\k

Mission Mode Ideas - Page 2 210300
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2