The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Civilian Casualties?

3 posters

Go down

Civilian Casualties? Empty Civilian Casualties?

Post  phlanax Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:17 am

If the goal of this mod is realisim will there be a sertain amount of civilians you can kill before you lose ( I don't think in the real world you can bomb the H*** out of a city full of civilians and say you did it because you thought tha it was a suspected terrorist hideout).

Civilian Casualties? Predatordrone1-slowpoke-jen-sorensen

Civilian Casualties? 2008-12-02

http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/20090603_pentagon_finds_airstrike_errors/[/url]

http://nwotruth.com/nato-afghanistan-airstrike-kills-27-civilians/

http://www.infowars.com/nato-afghanistan-airstrike-kills-27-civilians/
phlanax
phlanax
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Civilian Casualties? Empty Re: Civilian Casualties?

Post  Pathfinder Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:17 pm

This sounds like good idea but,
Looking at it from a Scripter's/Mapper's point of view, it sounds like a lot of unnecessary scripting, as each civilian unit (cars, people, buildings) on the map might have to be named and implemented in to a series of scripts.

Not to mention it would get annoying if you end up running over the "dumb" AI control civilians (sometimes they don't run when a tank comes at them).
Or if you're on the verge on winning and lose because one of your unit ends up run over a civilian on the way to reinforce an attack force or such and you just happen to hit that limit.

Another concept could be to spawn a 3rd party faction that attacks you or defends when you hit that limit, but even that involves a lot scripting.

Well that's my two cent. Interested reading other's opinions

On a side note glad to see the public part of the forums somewhat active again.

Civilian Casualties? 2890
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  phlanax Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:50 am

[quote="Pathfinder"]This sounds like good idea but,
Looking at it from a Scripter's/Mapper's point of view, it sounds like a lot of unnecessary scripting, as each civilian unit (cars, people, buildings) on the map might have to be named and implemented in to a series of scripts.[quote]

That's true and it would delay the mod eyeryone can't wait to relese. But if it is possible try to do this in the future and i mean not just 1 civilian and you lose but about 30-50. About the dumb Al thing I thought TAOW will make the Al extremly good.
phlanax
phlanax
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:08 am

interesting that you mention this

Snake told me once that there will be a sort of 4th faction, a rebellion faction that will try to sabotage the winning player, so it will be like having a guerrilla group of terrorists that will try to wipe your mighty army out Civilian Casualties? 338179 Civilian Casualties? 996514 Civilian Casualties? 897825

greetz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:36 am

phlanax wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:This sounds like good idea but,
Looking at it from a Scripter's/Mapper's point of view, it sounds like a lot of unnecessary scripting, as each civilian unit (cars, people, buildings) on the map might have to be named and implemented in to a series of scripts.

That's true and it would delay the mod eyeryone can't wait to relese. But if it is possible try to do this in the future and i mean not just 1 civilian and you lose but about 30-50. About the dumb Al thing I thought TAOW will make the Al extremly good.

It’s possible to make civilian AI smarter but that would just mean more AI waypoints on the map and there’s only so much AI the SAGE engine can handle without too much lag.

Those extra AI resource can be used to make your opponent(s) smarter. Civilian Casualties? 338179

AgustaBE wrote:interesting that you mention this

Snake told me once that there will be a sort of 4th faction, a rebellion faction that will try to sabotage the winning player, so it will be like having a guerrilla group of terrorists that will try to wipe your mighty army out Civilian Casualties? 338179 Civilian Casualties? 996514 Civilian Casualties? 897825

greetz

Yea lol would be funny and messed up if you’re winning and suddenly your buildings or command vehicles blow up due to that intervention faction’s infiltration and lack of base/staging area protection and detection. Civilian Casualties? 887924
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down