The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What kind of gameplay?

+4
Marc15yo [Admin]
Pyrospastiac
Snake
AgustaBE
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of gameplay?

Post  AgustaBE Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:38 pm

nicez !!!! =)
Thumbs Up! What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 338179 What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 326214 What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 326214 What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 326214
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:11 pm

lol!
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:18 pm

With the M1130CV command vehicle, it wouldn't be possiable to throw it in a chanook and use it from there would it?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:25 pm

I'm afraid not, the CV is too large and heavy to fit into a Chinook, however, if players wish to have highly mobile and aerial based Command Centers, the AWACS will be there (using our friend "Customization Concept" of course What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 356497 ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:28 pm

That is perfect, because I don't know that I would want my command vehicle anywhere near the ground personally.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:39 pm

Just imagine: control your units from the air Twisted Evil What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 765650 , this was unthinkable in ZH (and I think some players will be shocked and surprised when they see this stuff in action Laughing ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:42 pm

I was wondering... I was looking at coldwar crisis and it looked pretty damn good. But there was one thing I didn't dig so much. The emblems above the infantry's heads. I understand the purpose of having them, but wouldn't it be more interactive if you actually had to zoom in to see exactly what kind of infantry units you were dealing with? Especially since Marc has put so much effort into making realistic infantry models.? I don't know why but those little icons kind ruin it for me, I guess it takes away from the experience of being in the game and makes it less real to me. So will we be seeing these little buggars in TAOW? What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 61678
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:56 am

this is hilarious man, because we alreasdy got passed that. our soldiers that are in the current alpha version have icons, BUT the icons we are using won't be floating on their heads. they are actually circular icons set to thier feet. even though we'll have a much more powerful camera script identifying your soldiers in battle is crucial. when we first coded the infantry they didn't have icons and while testing them in game when people are getting shot at and you gotta make quick decisions, you don't have time to zoom in on every soldier just to see what he's job is. so putting flat icons (parallel to the ground) at the bottom of their feet is crucial.

some current examples:

Rifleman - R
Engineer - E
Squad Auto Rifleman - SA
Squad leader - SL
Medic - M
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]

https://taow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:33 am

That is a great place to put them if your going to use them. That way they aren't covering up other things that you actually want to click on/select. I can deal with that. Go TAOW!! Rock on! Good to hear from you Marc, and good thinking by the way. How's the whole infantry system workin out anyways?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:41 am

Jarhead wrote:How's the whole infantry system workin out anyways?

So far, so good fortunately What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 329208

The randomized soldiers are working perfectly and so is their equipment (one soldier might be equipped with an Aimpoint, another one with an ACOG, another one with iron sights, etc).

Eventually the attachments will be dictated by the specific soldier class, and will affect the hit ratio, for example:

Rifleman (Unit)
  • Class 1: Iron Sights / Close Range Optics
  • Class 2: Medium Range Optics
  • Class 3: Scopes

This is just an example of course (as there are many more attachments like lasers, tactical flashlights, bipods, etc).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:31 pm

Thats a interesting touch, makes sense, I love it. You know, it's funny how a handful of people with a little inspiration come up with better ideas than all of EA, and then actually make it a reallity. I take my hat off to you guys. GO TAOW!!! Rock on!
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Jarhead wrote:Thats a interesting touch, makes sense, I love it. You know, it's funny how a handful of people with a little inspiration come up with better ideas than all of EA, and then actually make it a reallity. I take my hat off to you guys. GO TAOW!!! Rock on!

Dude Trust Me, EA Can Do WAAAAAAY Better Than It Had Done The Past Few Years, But the Thing Is EA Never Takes Their Time, Balances Checks The Bugs And Everythin Like Westwood Did, EA Rushes Through The Work... The Never Work For Funfactor Non of em Do Razz
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:50 am

I'm sure they could do alot better, but look at command and conquer 3 or red alert 3, whatever they call it. I mean $*&t, you can drive your battleship to the fight in that game! What kind of crazy $*&t is that? I mean, those guys are off playing magic in the twilight zone with big bird and the teletubbies. What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 61678 I don't see where they get the idea that everybody wants to play an RTS with outlandish, imaginary units. I mean, whats in store next, Unicorns and Leprechans vs. Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny? (Wish there was a puke emoticon) santa albino
I'm so glad you guys decided to mod ZH I can't even tell you. And everything I've heard so far about TAOW is pretty much dead on. Thanks again to the people makin it happen. GO TAOW!!! Rock on!
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:18 am

Jarhead wrote:I'm sure they could do alot better, but look at command and conquer 3 or red alert 3, whatever they call it. I mean $*&t, you can drive your battleship to the fight in that game! What kind of crazy $*&t is that? I mean, those guys are off playing magic in the twilight zone with big bird and the teletubbies. What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 61678 I don't see where they get the idea that everybody wants to play an RTS with outlandish, imaginary units. I mean, whats in store next, Unicorns and Leprechans vs. Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny? (Wish there was a puke emoticon) santa albino
I'm so glad you guys decided to mod ZH I can't even tell you. And everything I've heard so far about TAOW is pretty much dead on. Thanks again to the people makin it happen. GO TAOW!!! Rock on!

lol! That's A Hard Drive Putting It But You're Right Laughing
Yeah All The Imaginary Things That EA Made Like Tiberium, Tesla As A Weapon, Man-Cannon, And All That Sh!t... Pisses Me Off Too ...
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:43 am

Amen James. I couldn't agree with you more. All that $h!t is wack. Dont get me wrong, acid is fun and can make you laugh like a mad man, but its just not a good idea when making a vehicle list that involves chemical weapon tractors and people with mind control powers. Now theres nothing funny about that. Only pain.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:15 am

Jarhead wrote:I mean $*&t, you can drive your battleship to the fight in that game! What kind of crazy $*&t is that? I mean, those guys are off playing magic in the twilight zone with big bird and the teletubbies. What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 61678 I don't see where they get the idea that everybody wants to play an RTS with outlandish, imaginary units. I mean, whats in store next, Unicorns and Leprechans vs. Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny? (Wish there was a puke emoticon) santa albino

lol! We gotta be careful or they might just create such a game What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 210300

In my opinion I think that sometimes the big time game companies want so much innovation and "originality" (imaginary units, etc.) that, in the end, they kinda put the "realism" part aside or just forget it (probably because they think it won't "sell as good").

Recently, in the Zero Hour Mods case, some people say that the Realism concept (Realistic-based mods) is becoming a sort of a trend.

But how many of such projects are actually completed?
The vast majority is, unfortunately abandoned, and very, very few ZH realistic mods were actually released up until now.

This is one of the reasons that Marc created The Art of War, as a sort of an "answer" to bring both new content and logics to "refresh" Zero Hour, a game which haves a game engine with a great potential.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:49 am

Do you think there would be a way (visual effect) to include night vision?
I had another thought, in urban environments it would be cool to have a random building that when captured, will reward the player by filling the generals meter once, --> bumping them up to the next "tech" level.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:05 am

hmmmm you know what, i think i'm going to post some more stuff in the members section for people to see
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]

https://taow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:20 am

Check this specific new thread about extra info on the NVG's Cool
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:05 am

Jarhead wrote:That is a great place to put them if your going to use them. That way they aren't covering up other things that you actually want to click on/select. I can deal with that. Go TAOW!! Rock on! Good to hear from you Marc, and good thinking by the way. How's the whole infantry system workin out anyways?

i totally agree. jarhead was right, those infantry icons are a nuicance. unfortunatley though, they're a nessecery nuicance as most mods have discovered, not only CWC, but VGO uses them as well. because zooming in on each unit in a fire fight is even more annoying.

so marcs idea rocks. you need those pesky symbols, but he's included them while still keeping them out of the way. (THAT is probably one of the ONLY things EA has ever done right by doing it with the horde bonus on chinese units instead of putting it over their heads!)
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:50 pm

Indeed What kind of gameplay? - Page 2 329208 , though Marc is still working on the symbols, they're currently fully working in game Rock on!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:53 am

Sounds kind of off the wall but would it be possible to control a single unit with a gaming controller? Is it possible to anyones knowledge is basically what I am asking.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Jarhead wrote:Sounds kind of off the wall but would it be possible to control a single unit with a gaming controller? Is it possible to anyones knowledge is basically what I am asking.

lol! lol! lol!
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Jarhead wrote:Sounds kind of off the wall but would it be possible to control a single unit with a gaming controller? Is it possible to anyones knowledge is basically what I am asking.

A gaming controller? Question

On the other hand, there are some unmanned vehicles which are actually controlled by console controllers in real life (an example is the MULE which can be controlled with a specially modified Xbox 360 controller).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:55 pm

Snake wrote:

A gaming controller? Question

On the other hand, there are some unmanned vehicles which are actually controlled by console controllers in real life (an example is the MULE which can be controlled with a specially modified Xbox 360 controller).

yeah i saw it on Future weapons
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next