The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snipers and possible upgrades

+4
Jarhead
James100
Snake
Tusker2Zero
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Snipers and possible upgrades Empty Snipers and possible upgrades

Post  Tusker2Zero Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:13 pm

I was wondering if you are somehow going to include the M107 Barrett Sniper 50 Cal. in the mod?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnInFLRtcdA

One shot kill against infantry, and 20% damage to light vehicles. Perhaps, the sniper could have a relatively expensive upgrade to purchase this weapon on a per sniper basis.

Also, C&C3 has a neat feature that lets snipers call in an arty strike from Juggernauts anywhere on the map. I was wondering if this trick could be done in Zero Hour. animated smileys
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Snipers and possible upgrades Empty Re: Snipers and possible upgrades

Post  Snake Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:29 pm

We are not 100% sure if we're going to include the particular M107 model, but we sure as heck want light fifty's in TAOW Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil .

About Snipers, there will be basically three distinct classes which are relationed with the sniper role:

- Designated Marksman: A "sub-sniper" if you will, the designated marksman is armed with medium-caliber weapons such as the Mk.14 EBR (Enhanced Battle Rifle) and are very fast and sneaky (making them perfect scout infantry);

- Snipers: Even more stealthier than the DM's, the Snipers main role is to take out the enemy infantry at long ranges and recon. Also, heads up because we may want to add a special upgrade to able snipers to precisely direct artillery strikes from in-game arty (Paladin and MLRS for example).

- Anti-Material Snipers: Deadly infantry units which can engage and take out infantry and light armor from a great distance. These infantry units are armed with large-caliber rifles (such as .50 cal). On the downside, these are obviously more "special" and will need to be unlocked, also, they are slower than the previous classes.

Special Forces There will be even more specialized snipers, these are part of spec ops teams (and are able to use even more advanced gear such as laser designators, etc.)
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:38 pm

Now that I mentioned Spec Ops snipers, I think that the weapon we've chosen for the US Spec Ops Snipers was the M107 sunny
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:04 am

I recommend the vintorez silenced sniper for russian designated marksmen
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:20 pm

That's an excellent choice though the VSS Vintorez will most likely belong to the Russian Spec Ops.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:18 am

Razz Spetsnaz Razz

BTW can you post a thread to inform the spec ops for each faction Razz
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:22 am

Man infantry in TAOW will be Kings Razz BTW they'll be normal "
the zero hour one were giants:P i mean bigger tham the humvee
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:10 am

James100 wrote:Razz Spetsnaz Razz

BTW can you post a thread to inform the spec ops for each faction Razz

Yeah, Spetsnaz are included Thumbs Up! , well, when we release our infantry models (which are getting awesome by the way sunny ), we will start many new threads (to inform people about which Unit are they from / weaponry, etc.)

James100 wrote:Man infantry in TAOW will be Kings Razz BTW they'll be normal "
the zero hour one were giants:P i mean bigger tham the humvee

Certainly Twisted Evil, one of the most critical points that me and Marc always discussed from the beginning was the fact that infantry and vehicles/buildings were heavily disproportioned in Zero Hour, we will make humans and vehicles as realistic as possible, this means that soldiers will be more realistically "proportioned" in relation to vehicles (it's a vital point when it comes down to model accuracy and to keep realism Wink).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:47 am

Special Forces There will be even more specialized snipers, these are part of spec ops teams (and are able to use even more advanced gear such as laser designators, etc.)[/quote]

hell yeah, laser designators are a great idea. SALH system is something I was definately hoping to see used by SEAL teams or other special forces. Basically all it would really do is save the hassle of having to go back to your aircraft carrier, click on plane, then go back to where you were which you hopefully saved by # designation or bookmark, then click on target.
or
Click SALH unit aim at target, wait for it to start raining high explosives. (less micro management, and more fun)
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:03 am

Holy $%^& I just got promoted. Corporal. Huh. I don't feel any different. wait... oh, o.k. there it is. Wow it's nice being a Corporal.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:03 pm

Jarhead wrote:Special Forces There will be even more specialized snipers, these are part of spec ops teams (and are able to use even more advanced gear such as laser designators, etc.)

hell yeah, laser designators are a great idea. SALH system is something I was definately hoping to see used by SEAL teams or other special forces. Basically all it would really do is save the hassle of having to go back to your aircraft carrier, click on plane, then go back to where you were which you hopefully saved by # designation or bookmark, then click on target.
or
Click SALH unit aim at target, wait for it to start raining high explosives. (less micro management, and more fun)

Exactly, not to mention that the accuracy of some "special" ordnance will be exceptional after the target is "painted" Snipers and possible upgrades 225471

Jarhead wrote:Holy $%^& I just got promoted. Corporal. Huh. I don't feel any different. wait... oh, o.k. there it is. Wow it's nice being a Corporal.

Unfortunately our cookie jar is empty so we aren't able to spare any sweets for newly-promoted recruits Razz Razz Razz lol!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:05 am

How about a gold star, can I get one of them?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:27 am

scuba diving news
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:39 am

Thats what I'm talkin about! Thanks Tusker.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Snipers and possible upgrades Empty Snipers & Spotters

Post  Jarhead Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:53 am

I am stuck on this idea that a sniper team is comprised of 2 units. A sniper and a spotter. A spotter is simply a regular soldier (assualt rifle, grenade launcher) {Radioman} that pretty much fills the position of the sentry drone in ZH. Reports when enemy units are spotted, through upgrade or veterancy can atain the SALH system. Why not have atleast one Spec Ops unit for every branch? Marines, and SEALs get snipers with varying ability. Green Berets and Rangers for the ARMY each with different specialties? Such as recruiting civilians for the Berets and I think I saw a mod that will allow for Rangers to go anywhere (over mountains and such).
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:10 pm

Tusker2Zero wrote:
Jarhead wrote:How about a gold star, can I get one of them?
scuba diving news

Thanks Tusker lol! , our gold reserves are down unfortunately Laughing (let's blame the economic crisis and ask a refund Twisted Evil , I mean it's becoming a trend these days Laughing ).

Jarhead wrote:I am stuck on this idea that a sniper team is comprised of 2 units. A sniper and a spotter. A spotter is simply a regular soldier (assualt rifle, grenade launcher) {Radioman} that pretty much fills the position of the sentry drone in ZH. Reports when enemy units are spotted, through upgrade or veterancy can atain the SALH system. Why not have atleast one Spec Ops unit for every branch? Marines, and SEALs get snipers with varying ability. Green Berets and Rangers for the ARMY each with different specialties? Such as recruiting civilians for the Berets and I think I saw a mod that will allow for Rangers to go anywhere (over mountains and such).

That's a pretty good idea, at this moment (I'm not 100% sure) but I think that snipers have a spotter (note that you can control them like they were one unit) and scout infantry have many special spotting abilities.

Why not have atleast one Spec Ops unit for every branch? Marines, and SEALs get snipers with varying ability. Green Berets and Rangers for the ARMY each with different specialties?

As a matter of fact, TAOW's Special Operations are very diverse, instead of a single, classic assault rifle-equipped unit, Special Ops are more of a separate "class", meaning there will be many infantry for several roles, for example:
- Special Snipers/Recon Units;
- Anti-Material Snipers (Marksmen armed with large caliber rifles for destroying everything from enemy soft to light armored targets and possibly even enemy low flying aircraft like helicopters);
- Special Operations Medic;
and the list goes on and on.

That being said, instead of having a single spec ops unit like, let's suppose the Green Berets, we can have many special ops which are prepared and armed for much more "specialized" situations (that "conventional" infantry couldn't handle or would be very dangerous).

Using this method we are able to have many special operations units in TAOW, that is very interesting on the European Union faction, for example, we can have KSK (Kommando Spezialkräfte, one of Germany's Spec Ops Units) along with British SAS units (Special Air Service) and many more diverse European Special Units (each one will have "specialized" armament and equipment to deal with all kinds of battlefield situations).

On Naval Maps case, the units from the "standard mode" are replaced by specialized amphibious infantry (for example, in the US case, SEAL's, Marine Force Recon, etc.)
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:56 am

the snipers have a wide shooting distacne pls ok??

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:38 pm

Definitely, snipers will have the longest range of all the infantry.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:48 am

cool because by the CWC mod they dnt got a large distance

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:54 pm

The European Union Spec Ops sounds alot like Tom Clancys "Rainbow Six"
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:56 pm

lol love that game
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:05 am

Squadleader wrote:cool because by the CWC mod they dnt got a large distance

We will have several long range infantry units:

- Scouts (recon duties);
- Snipers (long range anti-infantry units);
- Anti-Material Snipers (long range anti light armor infantry).

Jarhead wrote:The European Union Spec Ops sounds alot like Tom Clancys "Rainbow Six"

lol! Yeah, in fact, there's a game called Endwar which came out quite recently in which the EU Spec Ops are heavily based on "Rainbow Six" (while the US Spec Ops are based on the "Ghost Recon").

James100 wrote:lol love that game

Same here sunny , always played Rainbow Six since the good'ol 90's Cool!
The game was based on the novel written by Tom Clancy.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:13 am

I read that book in 3 days (over 800 pages) excellent read. Couldn't put it down.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:37 am

I never read it myself but some friends have and said it's great (the kind of book we only want to put down after being fully read).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:13 am

I was thinking about some upgrades for snipers (not sure how many you can give one unit) how about
Snipers start out with like a .308 round that can easily kill infantry
Then they get upgraded to .50 cal rifle that can disable light to maybe even lightly armored vehicles
Then another upgrade to say...depleted uranium tipped rounds that can (low probablility of success) take out armored vehicles and things of that nature.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next