The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Builder

5 posters

Go down

World Builder Empty World Builder

Post  Jarhead Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:43 pm

I am bored out of my mind so I decided to check out the world builder considering I won't be making any units real soon (sorry guys, would helop you if I could) So anyways all I'm trying to do is add the units which you cannot buy to a map so I can do something different in the game. I already checked out the CnC world builder tutorial, couldn't find what I wanted. If anyone has an idea let me know please. Thanks.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

World Builder Empty Re: World Builder

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:59 pm

what kind of unit are you trying to add? if you could just be a little more specific. i'm guessing this is for help in cnc modding so i'm going to move the topic to the cnc modding section
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]
General of the Army [Administrator]

https://taow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 am

If your looking for something kinda simple try this (if you haven't already tried this before):

1.) Place a Battleship (the USSBender one) on your map as close to the shore as you can. You may need to place a sliver of land just above or below the actual placement symbol of the battleship.

2.) Name the battleship battleship1 or something like that.

3.) Make a simple script using worldbuilder's scripting tool on the toolbar to make the unit unmanned.

4.) Go to http://www.cncmaps.com and find the ZH map support section. There should be another section called zero hour map ini. (I'd give you a direct link to all of this but sadly the CNCmaps board is currently down right now as I'm typing this). Anyway, once you've this you now need to look though this section for an ini called battleship movement. Download that map.ini and place it in the same folder as your map. [If you're map already has a map.ini file, don't replace the original map.ini file. Instead your going to have to edit the two .ini files into one. Let me know if that's the case and then I'll talk you through it here via PM]

Anyway, once it is all done, you should have a usable moving battleship that you can clobber your enemies with in skirmish mode. learn underwater videography

Also, feel free to look and use the other .ini files that are on that site. Some are quite interesting.
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:11 am

thanks tusker I'll give it a wirl sounds like fun.

I was just going to try and control the marine in his class A's "seargent" something or other in world builder so I could use him on regular board.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:43 pm

oo Razz

World builder is pretty simple to use once you get the hang of it especially scripting.
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:53 pm

I loved the special buildings on Red Alert 2's mapmaker (which included buildings such as a spoof Macdonald's Restaurant (McKong Burger, hilarious Laughing).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

lol
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Wed May 27, 2009 11:22 am

I'm a newbie in terms of WorldBuilder. I don't know how to make the AI build structures then units... I want to make a AI that is hard to battled with lol! I like the fact that I spend to much time battling with AI opponent then at the end I will win the game... lol!
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm

I was messing around with world builder last night and noticed you can change the water level up to 159ft. Which allows for a lot of room for submarines. Rock on! The more I look at it the more it seems that alot of the work will have to be done on maps to make a great game. Who all do we have to work on maps? I'm just starting but I really want to see some cool maps so lets throw some ideas around. World Builder 77220
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Fri May 29, 2009 8:40 am

well i can work on maps, but i have to admit, making maps takes a lot of time and dedication. especially for taow everything on the maps must be detailed, and realistic. the more world builder addons we put into the mod the easier it becomes for map makers to create realistic maps.
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down