The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat Room and Communication

2 posters

Go down

Chat Room and Communication Empty Chat Room and Communication

Post  Jarhead Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:55 pm

Anybody think its time we can find a chat room to discuss ideas for the game while they are fresh, and in real time. There are plenty of private chat rooms to be had, and besides this would be a good way to figure out what certain members can and can't do, then set tasks accordingly. All I see alot of unexploited potential! (set a place and time and I'll be there. Or if you wan't hell I'll figure it out)
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Chat Room and Communication Empty Re: Chat Room and Communication

Post  Snake Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Ok y'all, first things first:

1 - I'm going to create a special thread where the mod team will name and ask the forum members for modders and contributors with specific skills and/or abilities, the ones that would like to help and contribute to the project can say so on that thread;

2 - We'll start to make much use of the forum's Usergroup function (for more details please check the "User Levels and Groups" topic on the Forum FAQ section - https://taow.forumotion.com/faq.htm ).

A certain Usergroup will primarily have a specific "home" thread where members can meet other fellow group members and will be able to discuss specific tasks much more easily.

Members from a special group can request the Administrators to create a special Private Thread where they can work and communicate with other group and the TAOW team members much more privately (only the members of such a group, forum administrators and moderators can access such Private Threads).

For example: Let's say you want to voice act German units, we'll create a specific thread where people can join and contribute with specific ideas for lines, etc.

From there on, thread members can request for us (administrators) to create them a brand new Usergroup which they can join.

Each Usergroup will have a Moderator (a "Squad Leader" so to speak Cool! ) which should make sure the group runs smoothly and specifically handles the tasks within a group to make it run efficiently.

The Usergroup Moderator / Leader and Members can request for the Administrators to create them a Private Thread where they can meet privately.

It will take a while until this starts to run smoothly, but hopefully, with time and investment, we will be able to "channel" people who want to contribute to the project much more effectively thus dramatically increasing the overall effectiveness sunny sunny sunny

HUGE THANKS for the People who help and helped us, this will be a great advancement for The Art of War Project!
We are humbled to be working with y'all Cool
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:09 am

I think this is a great idea, I'm just starting to get into moding so I can't touch what Snake and Marc can do, but I dig what you guys are doing and would love to do anything I can to help. I get that this is your guys baby and there is a sense of secrecy to the whole matter, I'm just having a hard time sitting idle while I know there is much to be done. I don't care if I all I can contribute is some voice acting or getting some people I know to submit some decent models (because I suck at it right now), which may not even get in the game. I just hope to contribute period. You guys speak French, I speak some German. I can help out there. Right now I am working on an infantry "system" that is unique and when I am finished I will submit it to you guys and see what you think. If you don't like it no hard feelings. All I got to say is lets make some jaws drop.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Hell Yeah! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Thumbs Up!

Even the slightest contribution is always a contribution, and we never forget those who help us shape this project up Cool
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue May 26, 2009 11:32 am

So what does everyone think about finding a chat to discuss TAOW on a more real time basis? Once we have a place to chat, then we just need a time to meet. Chat Room and Communication 560337
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu May 28, 2009 12:22 am

lol! Back in the day we used to have an "official" forum chat, but it started to get kinda buggy so we had to turn it off Chat Room and Communication 905385

Coincidentally, me and James were also discussing forum chats not long ago, the possible solution will be an independent, website-based chatbox (once we find a good chatbox we'll create a special thread for just that purpose and then post the new chatbox).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu May 28, 2009 12:35 am

That sounds killer. Cause right now communication goes kinda slow at the moment. I can't imagine if we could get alot of people together all brainstorming (in real time) what might quickly come of it. Right now I'm playing recruiter, trying to find some new talent to add to the team. But when people start rollin in it would be nice for them to be able to chat, maybe start a little gossip.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu May 28, 2009 12:59 am

Yeah, one of the more reasons a new chat function would be very useful (coordination and swift communication sunny ).

In addition, we're able to have multiple chats, for example The Art of War Topic can have a public chatroom while the Contributors Thread is able to have an exclusive chat for just the Contributors to see), increasing the privacy as well as responding to the different nature of the different topics Chat Room and Communication 329208 (not to mention the chat's functions such as PM threads, etc).

I gotta ask Marc about this, he managed to include some of these chats (for testing) last year (those particular ones worked very well).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum