The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leopard 2A6

+5
Pyrospastiac
James100
Specter
Zell_Dincht
Snake
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Leopard 2A6 Empty Leopard 2A6

Post  Snake Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm

Leopard 2A6

The German Leopard 2A6 is one of the European Union's Main Battle Tanks (MBT's).
Considered by many to be the best modern Main Battle Tank due to it's impressive technical features, this beast mounts a Rheinmetall L/55 120mm main gun which is longer than it's earlier and shorter counterpart (the L/44), this gives this tank enhanced range and better terminal shell performance over other similar vehicles of it's class.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Armament

Leopard 2A6 Leopard2A6Icon
Main Gun
Commander's Machine Gun
Coaxial Machine Gun
Weapon
Rheinmetall L/55 Smoothbore Main Gun
MG3A1 General Purpose Machine Gun
MG3A1 General Purpose Machine Gun
Caliber
120mm (4.7 in)
7.62 x 51mm NATO
7.62 x 51mm NATO

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leopard 2A6 Fvk2za

Special Features

- Eight Smoke Grenade Launchers equipped on each side of turret (16 Smoke Grenades), which can be used to create an extremely effective defensive smokescreen.

Note the various camo nettings:

Leopard 2A6 2istp8l

Extremely powerful 3rd Generation Composite armor gives this tank a formidable defense while it's deadly assortment of machine guns will be primarily used for anti-infantry duties. In addition, this tank will be capable of being upgraded on offensive and defensive terms.

Last edited by Snake on Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Leopard 2A6 Empty Re: Leopard 2A6

Post  Zell_Dincht Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:16 am

Leopard 2A6 Leopard2a6net

Thumbs Up! Excellent work!
Zell_Dincht
Zell_Dincht
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:52 pm

The next step in the Leopard 2A6's will be to add machine guns (such as the MG3A1 which will be mounted on top of the turret to serve as the Commander's Machine Gun Leopard 2A6 36863
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Leopard 2A6 Empty Abrams

Post  Specter Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:39 am

Will the Abrams be with the US or will another Tank?
Thanks.
Specter
Specter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:40 am

The M1A2SEP (Later Upgraded To TUSK) Is Included
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:15 pm

We can also consider the Stryker M1128 Mobile Gun System (MGS) to be the "light tank" of the US Army (while the M1A2 will take care of the heavier combat roles).

Stryker M1128 MGS:
https://taow.forumotion.com/ground-vehicles-f37/stryker-m1128-mgs-t267.htm

M1A2 Abrams SEP:
https://taow.forumotion.com/ground-vehicles-f37/m1a2-abrams-sep-t245.htm

M1A2 Abrams 'TUSK':
https://taow.forumotion.com/ground-vehicles-f37/m1a2-abrams-tusk-t249.htm
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:35 pm

you said that when an EU mtb is purchased the randomizer logic will just choose from a challenger II, a leopard 2a6, or a leclerk. No this really doesnt diversify as much as you've shown with the US (M1a2's and Stryker MGS as seperate classes)

all of these tanks have different arnaments, amour, and various capabilities. and each should be available to purchase individually. but instead of just saying one is "better" than the others so it's the ultimate tank everyone wants to buy (like how the Abrams is better than the MGS) , each tank should be equal through various pros and cons in different areas, further upgrades mean that they can become even better siuted for certain situations but not others, meaning people will be more likley to purchase all three to have all bases covered (so for example 3 Abrams would be 3 Challengers, leclercs, or leopards. but 3 abrams would lose to a Challenger, a leopard, AND a leclerc. unless the randomizer really stacked in the abrams favour for that battle Razz )

but not make the fields they're each good at not as primative as ZH would; one's fast, one's strong, one's powerfull. Evil or Very Mad but instead make them have real variables such as the number of smoke grenades, fire-rate, camo-netting, manouverability, number of secondary weapons (maybe out-do the abrams' coax and commander machie gun with a coax and 2 turret hatch guns! Leopard 2A6 338179 ) and basicaly list every single pro and con you can have in a tank, then devide them amongst the three.

ultimatley, these three amazing tanks deserve their own place in TAOW.

-cheers, pyro Leopard 2A6 528641
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:18 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:you said that when an EU mtb is purchased the randomizer logic will just choose from a challenger II, a leopard 2a6, or a leclerk. No this really doesnt diversify as much as you've shown with the US (M1a2's and Stryker MGS as seperate classes)

Actually that was a very old concept (which was mentioned and proposed for inclusion in the very early stages of the mod). That concept was important because that's where we initially got the randomization logic idea (the fact that we decided to generalize the concept for most units and logics themselves).

However, the idea wasn't accepted due to the fact that these tanks have many differences among themselves (they are not exactly like the three GLA Technical models so to speak).

We eventually decided to make each unit separate:
The Leopard 2A6 is an unique unit, the Challenger II is unique and so is the Leclerc), each tank will have their own special pros ("special attributes" which will make them 'unique' in their own ways) Cool! .

Pyrospastiac wrote:all of these tanks have different arnaments, amour, and various capabilities. and each should be available to purchase individually. but instead of just saying one is "better" than the others so it's the ultimate tank everyone wants to buy (like how the Abrams is better than the MGS) , each tank should be equal through various pros and cons in different areas, further upgrades mean that they can become even better siuted for certain situations but not others, meaning people will be more likley to purchase all three to have all bases covered (so for example 3 Abrams would be 3 Challengers, leclercs, or leopards. but 3 abrams would lose to a Challenger, a leopard, AND a leclerc. unless the randomizer really stacked in the abrams favour for that battle Razz )

but not make the fields they're each good at not as primative as ZH would; one's fast, one's strong, one's powerfull. Evil or Very Mad but instead make them have real variables such as the number of smoke grenades, fire-rate, camo-netting, manouverability, number of secondary weapons (maybe out-do the abrams' coax and commander machie gun with a coax and 2 turret hatch guns! Leopard 2A6 338179 ) and basicaly list every single pro and con you can have in a tank, then devide them amongst the three.

ultimatley, these three amazing tanks deserve their own place in TAOW.

-cheers, pyro Leopard 2A6 528641

Absolutely Twisted Evil , each tank will be an unique unit, let's take the Leopard 2 and the Challenger II tanks for example:

How come the EU haves two MBT's if the US only haves 1 (Abrams)?

This is due to the fact that the factions will be different among themselves, while the US haves many tactical bombers and stealth fighters, the EU will compensate with cruise missiles and additional land units (extra MBTs or artillery for example).

You see, factions won't be completely "symmetrical" (having exact opposites like the other factions, just like what happens in World in Conflict), instead, each faction will have unique units which will ultimately "balance" the forces with the other factions. (the EU won't have many bombers or stealth fighters, but will have it's own special units to spot stealth and other "specials" to compensate for that).

This will be the case for tanks as well, the main differences will be their stats which will be differenced by using a series of logics.

Let's take the three main EU MBT's for example:

- Leopard 2A6 - The "offensive" choice, it's able to be very upgraded on the offensive level (and haves few defensive upgrades);
- Challenger II - "Defensive" unit which will have a lot of possible defensive upgrades rather than many offensive ones;
- Leclerc - Very balanced tank (on all fields) which will be used on the Naval Mode as EU's Main Battle Tank.

The tanks will not be just differenced by upgrades alone, in fact, that's a small part when comparing to certain new logics (check this thread for extra details: https://taow.forumotion.com/member-s-access-f5/the-art-of-war-tech-tree-concept-t265.htm ).

There won't be an "ultimate" tank or ultimate unit (one which can be perfectly balanced in all the fields), instead it will be adaptable by the player's playing style (if you check the previous thread you will know that players are able to customize their forces a LOT Twisted Evil ).

Tanks will be rather different when it comes down to comparison, a Leopard will ultimately have their own specifications, a T-90 will have it's own ones and the same goes to the Abrams Leopard 2A6 329208 .
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:19 am

okay, thanks. i'd already read that thread on how much you're going to alow massive customisation to each faction, and personally, i think it's a B!TCHING idea! Thumbs Up!
i also remember reading the really early randomizer post a while back where you used the 3 GLA technicals as an example when you said the 3 EU MTBs would use to decide.
i guess i just missed the post where you dismissed the idea and gave each tank their own ability for purchase. it's actually because i had read the faction customization thread that i posted my request for each tank to be purchased seperatley, because it just didnt seem to fit in with that much customisation having it choose a tank for you!

anyway, glad to hear that idea was overturned a while ago.
as always, keep up the good work, look forward to the other 2 EU tanks being revealed, and further upgrades on the Leopard being shown.
-pyro
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:41 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:okay, thanks. i'd already read that thread on how much you're going to alow massive customisation to each faction, and personally, i think it's a B!TCHING idea! Thumbs Up!

lol! The possibilities are immense, in ZH we can only unlock a single vehicle or ability per General Point Unlock (e.g. Paladin Tank), no big deal, here we can unlock an entire class with it's respective vehicles, units, upgrades, plus players will be able to create custom forces by combining several classes and specializations Leopard 2A6 329208

Pyrospastiac wrote:i also remember reading the really early randomizer post a while back where you used the 3 GLA technicals as an example when you said the 3 EU MTBs would use to decide.
i guess i just missed the post where you dismissed the idea and gave each tank their own ability for purchase. it's actually because i had read the faction customization thread that i posted my request for each tank to be purchased seperatley, because it just didnt seem to fit in with that much customisation having it choose a tank for you!

Same thought as mine, even though those are vehicles from a similar class (Main Battle Tanks), they are rather different units by themselves (which deserve their separate "place in the sun").

Pyrospastiac wrote:anyway, glad to hear that idea was overturned a while ago.
as always, keep up the good work, look forward to the other 2 EU tanks being revealed, and further upgrades on the Leopard being shown.
-pyro

Thanks mate Thumbs Up!

The next step will be to add a commander's machine gun (which we are intending to reveal on a future mini update) Leopard 2A6 36863

These vehicle threads will be further updated with extras as they're prepared (like new upgrade images, in game screenies of'em in action Leopard 2A6 338179 , extra info, etc. Cool! )
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:37 am

yeah, these mini updates are heaps better than the mega updates (although the mega updates are still really cool) Leopard 2A6 356497
as you said earlier, they keep everybody active (or more, members who were mainly inactive) and most improtantly, stop the 'dead mod' fear creeping in. only problem is, they think we're dead over on moddb. No don't forget that most forum members (myself included) found TAOW on moddb and took interest in what we saw there (which wasnt much at the time. i'm really glad i crawled deeper into the rabit hole otherwise i probably would've just passed the mod by.)

so even though it's rly difficult to keep both sites up to date. you dont have to put full vehicle details and mini updates and all over there. just afew screenies to make things interesting (perhaps get a team pre-alpha video going asap? Question )

again, loe the mini updates and tables. keep it up Thumbs Up!

-pyro Leopard 2A6 528641
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:11 am

Strong point pyro. Thats why I've decided to get vocal on other sites, see if there is some untapped talent out there. I suggest everybody do the same if they have a little time to spare. We can do more collectively than we can alone. If everyone that was capable and interested pitched in just a little its unreal what could be accomplished.
Just like a heard about a mod that uses weather effects that effect unit mobility and whatnot, Project Raptor I think. Lets get a hold of those guys. In fact, lets hit everybody up and see what we come up with.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:yeah, these mini updates are heaps better than the mega updates (although the mega updates are still really cool) Leopard 2A6 356497
as you said earlier, they keep everybody active (or more, members who were mainly inactive) and most improtantly, stop the 'dead mod' fear creeping in. only problem is, they think we're dead over on moddb. No don't forget that most forum members (myself included) found TAOW on moddb and took interest in what we saw there (which wasnt much at the time. i'm really glad i crawled deeper into the rabit hole otherwise i probably would've just passed the mod by.)

so even though it's rly difficult to keep both sites up to date. you dont have to put full vehicle details and mini updates and all over there. just afew screenies to make things interesting (perhaps get a team pre-alpha video going asap? Question )

again, loe the mini updates and tables. keep it up Thumbs Up!

-pyro Leopard 2A6 528641

Absolutely Twisted Evil , though these mini updates were initially planned for forum release only, we quickly decided to release them over at moddb as well (for the reasons we talked about earlier).

I love to do Mega Updates (the "nukes" just as we call'em Razz ), the prob is that those compilations take a lot to do, with mini updates we are able to flexibly show much more stuff (including extra news, project updates, etc.), lately we've been including a lot of stuff ingame (coding phase), some very important graphic upgrades were achieved as well, however, those would be 'out of place' on the SMU (Second Mega Update).

With the Mini Updates we are able to frequently update our outer profiles (such as moddb) and make them much more livelier Leopard 2A6 329208 , these mini updates might not contain tons of stuff such as the Big Updates, but the fact that we frequently update people on developments is of utmost importance as well, plus we still continue with the large updates (which will appear whenever new major developments happen and to make a compilation of the stuff released on the previous Mini Updates sunny).

Jarhead wrote:Strong point pyro. Thats why I've decided to get vocal on other sites, see if there is some untapped talent out there. I suggest everybody do the same if they have a little time to spare. We can do more collectively than we can alone. If everyone that was capable and interested pitched in just a little its unreal what could be accomplished.
Just like a heard about a mod that uses weather effects that effect unit mobility and whatnot, Project Raptor I think. Lets get a hold of those guys. In fact, lets hit everybody up and see what we come up with.

Many thanks Jarhead Cool Cool Cool
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:47 pm

awesome Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:49 pm

Wow i gotta say this mod has the potential to surpass other mods like SW and even CWC.
Thumbs Up!
Now back on topic those Leopard 2s look really good and i see that they have different camo schemes.
So are you guys going to have some sorta "upgrade" to change their skin to the desert scheme
(for desert maps)?

Edit: Whoops forgot to introduce my self, Im Pathfinder a Beta Tester for VGO and TAOW has really grabbed my attention for sometime now, I would like to see it become one of the top mods for ZH.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:28 am

Thanks Cool

When the time comes for a closed beta version (the one before the public version), our primary source of beta testers will be these forums Wink

Pathfinder wrote:Now back on topic those Leopard 2s look really good and i see that they have different camo schemes.
So are you guys going to have some sorta "upgrade" to change their skin to the desert scheme
(for desert maps)?

Yup, there will be various camo patterns, randomization will play it's role in order to have many possible kinds of vehicles in a single game (similar to the infantry case in which soldiers will have different faces for example, or aircraft with different insignias and registration numbers).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:35 am

Snake wrote:Thanks Cool

When the time comes for a closed beta version (the one before the public version), our primary source of beta testers will be these forums Wink

Pathfinder wrote:Now back on topic those Leopard 2s look really good and i see that they have different camo schemes.
(for desert maps)?

Yup, there will be various camo patterns, randomization will play it's role in order to have many possible kinds of vehicles in a single game (similar to the infantry case in which soldiers will have different faces for example, or aircraft with different insignias and registration numbers).

once again : that rox Rock on! Thumbs Up! lol!
welcome to the forum and I think after a while, TAOW won't just get your attention, but you will be adicted to it Thumbs Up!
If you would like to know more about the mod, you can always take a look @ the vehicle table, where all of the vehicles are listed, together with their upgrades etc. :

https://taow.forumotion.com/member-s-access-f5/the-art-of-war-vehicle-table-t122.htm

and some new ingame pics Thumbs Up! :
https://taow.forumotion.com/member-s-access-f5/new-ingame-pics-t238.htm

and many other interesting things, in the member's access, where some very special and awesome stuff is revealed, only for forum members :
https://taow.forumotion.com/member-s-access-f5/

greetz cheers
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:14 pm

hey i heard that the 3rd pegasus had come out for VGO but i cant get it cause it conflicts with my CWC No
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:52 am

Pyrospastiac wrote:hey i heard that the 3rd pegasus had come out for VGO but i cant get it cause it conflicts with my CWC No

i think this is something for the off-topic section, but maybe we can help Thumbs Up!
I think this error can be solved by deleting all the content of the map (c:\Program Files\EA Games\command & conquer zero hour\) and then reïnstall, but click on repair. Then the content will be complete and original again. Then you can install VGO again.But you can also just delete the whole game, but that takes longer and the result is the same Evil or Very Mad

So..I hope that works! Thumbs Up! Let me know!

greetz cheers
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Some years ago I used a mod manager for ZH (ModToaster), here's their moddb page:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/modtoaster-mod-downloader-and-manager

I don't think the mods are updated with ModToaster anymore though, specially since they updated the program to Crosus ( http://www.moddb.com/groups/isotx/downloads/crosus-mod-distribution-system ).

At the moment I'm not using a mod manager for ZH (I'm using the standard "manual" installation).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:42 am

i used to have the toaster, then when it stopped getting updated i think i switched to crosus aswell. but then i just stopped and used the normal mod installs. but now that i'm getting more mods that i want to have at once i think i might have to re-download.

of course, i'll only get it if you guys upload TAOW to crosus when it's done. Razz

-pyro
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:06 am

Pyrospastiac wrote:i used to have the toaster, then when it stopped getting updated i think i switched to crosus aswell. but then i just stopped and used the normal mod installs. but now that i'm getting more mods that i want to have at once i think i might have to re-download.

of course, i'll only get it if you guys upload TAOW to crosus when it's done. Razz

-pyro
lol!
i'm with you Thumbs Up!
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:i used to have the toaster, then when it stopped getting updated i think i switched to crosus aswell.

My case was a bit more dramatic, my pc had a critical failure right in the middle of a COD4 online session and all the stuff I had installed was smoked affraid (I had tons of ZH mods with Toaster), plus it had to be fixed by a technician and the older graphic card was toasted Embarassed.

Pyrospastiac wrote:of course, i'll only get it if you guys upload TAOW to crosus when it's done. Razz

lol! Well I'm not 100% sure about the future TAOW installer, but I think we might have an installation program similar to the Cold War Crisis one (specially because of the auto update functions and the GUI special features).

This affair will be covered further down the road but we might want to group many of TAOW's future features into a single controllable GUI in order to facilitate access and to hopefully able both the mod and the TAOW Mapmaker to be updated (specially since a lot of stuff will be added to expand the features of both).

About merging TAOW with Crosus, well that's an interesting issue which the team will have to discuss as well.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:45 pm

I had mod toaster a long time ago, but I ended up taking it off because;

1.) I was beta testing Project Raptor at that time, and I had to have a clean slate (no other mods installed).

- and -

2.) When I had mod toaster installed and had several mods downloaded, worldbuilder tended to crash more at the start up, it seemed to become more buggier than usual.

So, I decided to dump the toaster, do the uninstall/reinstall (or repair) dance, and things have been working out well ever since.
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Once my toaster was deleted (along with all the mods I had installed Sad), I never installed it again 100% (I did tried but it was no longer updated).

Now, since my ZH folder is regularly used for TAOW, I can't install other mod managers or other programs to avoid having frictions.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum