The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aurora alpha bomber

4 posters

Go down

aurora alpha bomber Empty aurora alpha bomber

Post  OLIVES Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:57 am

i am new to modding and i would like to know how to make replace the aurora with the aurora alpha. i would also like to know if it is posible to replace the bomb with a full sized moab and set it so that you can only build two.

OLIVES
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

aurora alpha bomber Empty Re: aurora alpha bomber

Post  James100 Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Snake Or Marc'll Answer That Laughing
I Have No Idea Whatsoever In Modding lol!
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:28 pm

OK For your first problem you have 2 options.

1) If the model files are different

To check if the models are the same or different open your generals directory and browse through the W3d.big file with FinalBig and look for the aurora alpha's models. then browse through the textures.big file and look for the aurora alpha's textures. i'm telling you to do this because i don't know exactly what the aurora alpha's models and textures are named. Final Big can be found below btw (if you don't already have it):

http://commandandconquer.filefront.com/file/Final_Big_Editor%3B38034

now write down the exact name of the model files and the texture files. then go to your zero hour directory and open w3dZH.big and texturesZH.big and do the same. if the file names don't match then proceed. if the file names DO match then move to option #2.

Proceeding:
you should copy the entire Aurora Alpha's Art parameters section from it's ini file. then you should paste and replace over the Regular Aurora's art parameters section in it's ini file. i'm not going to go into too much specific detail since i don't know exactly know where the aurora alpha's code can be found. Of course this is assuming you already have a custom mod.big file ready. if you don't then u should learn to make one. check here and look through their forums for tips/tutorials on how to make one:

http://www.cncreneclips.com/forum/

2) If the model files are the same

You can copy over the w3d model files from the aurora alpha's to make zero hour use it instead of the gray aurora. Simply Create a new folder anywhere (preferably on your desktop) and name it "Art". inside that folder create 2 more folders and name them "w3d", and "Textures". Now using final big extract the the w3d files of the correct model you had found earlier of the aurora alpha. this also means the damaged models. now copy those files to the w3d folder you had created. then do the same for the texture files. when you are finished open your mod's.big file and drag and drop the art folder into the file list in FinalBig. Save and when you open cnc generals the next time you build an aurora it will look like an aurora alpha.

Done!

Of course man this is only if you have your own mod.big file. i strongly recommend you don't overwrite existing cnc files with edited one because you may run into problems online. And i am also assuming that the aurora alpha is a command and conquer generals unit and you are tying to port over into Zero Houre. if i am wrong then please post here again so i can give you a different tip. i know it seems like a long task but trust me once you do it, u'll be able to do the same for other units. once u develop a modding skill, u'll never lose it.

Good luck mate Cool

Edit: i'll post your second problem's fix in my next post
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]
General of the Army [Administrator]

https://taow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:40 pm

If you are trying to overwrite vanilla Zero Hour files (instead of modifying your separate mod.big file) then I recommend you back them up just in case.

I recommend creating a separate folder ("Zero Hour Backups" for example) then paste the files which are to be overwritten there (in this case the Aurora texture and models).
This is in case you want to change things back or to play online.

In a worst case scenario you will have to reinstall the game. If you have a mod.big though, then you are safe to change it.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  OLIVES Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:07 am

Marc15yo [Admin] wrote:
And i am also assuming that the aurora alpha is a command and conquer generals unit and you are tying to port over into Zero Houre. if i am wrong then please post here again so i can give you a different tip.
Edit: i'll post your second problem's fix in my next post

the aurora alpha is the super weapons general's version of the aurora bomber.
thanks for the help.

OLIVES
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum