The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NH-90 Rocket pods???

2 posters

Go down

NH-90 Rocket pods??? Empty NH-90 Rocket pods???

Post  AgustaBE Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi guys,

I would like to discuss a bit more about the new upcomming helicopter of the EU, the NH-90.
There are 2 main versions:
-TTH (Tactical Transport Helicopter)
(This version is meant for tactical transport of course)

NH-90 Rocket pods??? Main-mission11

-NFH (NATO Frigate Helicopter)
(This version is meant for SAR, and anti-ship/submarine warfare)

NH-90 Rocket pods??? Mission_equipment_nfh2

First of all I have 1 question. It is said that the TTH can be modified for C-SAR, so it can be fitted with rocket pods and so... (It is also used in a lot of mods for games, eg.: POE2 for BF2) Is this correct?

(NOTE: on the image underneath you can clearly see the rocket pods)
NH-90 Rocket pods??? AA2003_Nh90war

I know that also fuel pods and jamming pods can be fitted on it too.

So, if you know a bit more about this amazing machine, please write a comment cheers

greetz mates
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

NH-90 Rocket pods??? Empty Re: NH-90 Rocket pods???

Post  Snake Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:06 pm

AgustaBE wrote:First of all I have 1 question. It is said that the TTH can be modified for C-SAR, so it can be fitted with rocket pods and so... (It is also used in a lot of mods for games, eg.: POE2 for BF2) Is this correct?

Precisely Thumbs Up!
The NH90 can be fitted with rocket and gun pods depending on the mission requirements, not to mention window mounted weapons (all of these are shown in that image you posted).

As of 2009 the main armed NH90 variant is the naval NFH (NATO Frigate Helicopter) which you also mentioned, that version is used in anti-submarine/ship applications and is able to use torpedoes and anti ship missiles (this version will appear on TAOW's Naval Mode).

A few years ago the German Air Force wanted to develop additional upgrades for their CSAR (Combat Search And Rescue) NH90's with extra mission kits for more specialized situations (involving fighting applications).
Some of these mission kits involve the installation of both air to air and air to ground weapons, these upgrades were planned to be fielded by 2012.

I believe it's just a matter of time until the NH90 haves interchangeable armament with the Tiger attack helo (and other western armament), these NH90's may be equipped with stub wings similar to the ESSS (External Stores Support System) as used on the Blackhawk:

NH-90 Rocket pods??? But-T%20Peery%20UH-60%20with%20ESSS

An armed variant of the NH90 will be the European Union's support helicopter.
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:46 am

Snake wrote:
AgustaBE wrote:First of all I have 1 question. It is said that the TTH can be modified for C-SAR, so it can be fitted with rocket pods and so... (It is also used in a lot of mods for games, eg.: POE2 for BF2) Is this correct?

Precisely Thumbs Up!
The NH90 can be fitted with rocket and gun pods depending on the mission requirements, not to mention window mounted weapons (all of these are shown in that image you posted).

As of 2009 the main armed NH90 variant is the naval NFH (NATO Frigate Helicopter) which you also mentioned, that version is used in anti-submarine/ship applications and is able to use torpedoes and anti ship missiles (this version will appear on TAOW's Naval Mode).

A few years ago the German Air Force wanted to develop additional upgrades for their CSAR (Combat Search And Rescue) NH90's with extra mission kits for more specialized situations (involving fighting applications).
Some of these mission kits involve the installation of both air to air and air to ground weapons, these upgrades were planned to be fielded by 2012.

I believe it's just a matter of time until the NH90 haves interchangeable armament with the Tiger attack helo (and other western armament), these NH90's may be equipped with stub wings similar to the ESSS (External Stores Support System) as used on the Blackhawk:

NH-90 Rocket pods??? But-T%20Peery%20UH-60%20with%20ESSS

An armed variant of the NH90 will be the European Union's support helicopter.

cool, so also the TTH will be able to be fitted with these armamants? Isn't it only the NFH that has those things to hang the missiles and torpedos on? But this is a TTH, where do you hang them then?
i realy like this amazing machine !!! cheers

greetz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:47 am

AgustaBE wrote:cool, so also the TTH will be able to be fitted with these armamants?

If the helicopter is equipped with the necessary equipment (as shown below) then yes.

AgustaBE wrote:Isn't it only the NFH that has those things to hang the missiles and torpedos on? But this is a TTH, where do you hang them then?

Special pylons (hardpoints) are mounted on the side of the helicopter's fuselage to allow it to carry extra external cargo:

Note the pylons on the previously discussed image:

Those pylons are able to carry various types of external load including those gun/rocket pods we talked about.

AgustaBE wrote:i realy like this amazing machine !!! cheers

Same here, it's an awesome helicopter NH-90 Rocket pods??? 329208
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down