The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unit Flexability?

2 posters

Go down

Unit Flexability? Empty Unit Flexability?

Post  JNT11593 Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:58 am

As Most of us know Just about any piece of equipment in a Modern Military can take on multiple roles. So i was curious as to how or if this will be used ingame. I. E. say the player has some Aircraft at his disposal (such as the F-16 or MiG-29) will the have only one weapon suit or will the player be able to switch between A2G or A2A weapon payloads depending on the situation. Or Maybe tanks and IFVs will be able to switch rounds for different targets.
JNT11593
JNT11593
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Unit Flexability? Empty Re: Unit Flexability?

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:02 am

Yeah that was our original plan with ZH. But in CNC3 we found this to be more complicated. Aircraft are able to change their payloads while at base but we decided to make the armor automatically chose HE and AP rounds depending on the target. Ex: Armor Piercing (like SABOT) for enemy tanks and other armor, High explosive on buildings and the m240 coax on infantry. Note: i'm using the current abrams loadout as an example.
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]
General of the Army [Administrator]
General of the Army [Administrator]

https://taow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JNT11593 Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Sounds all good. That sounds like some tricky coding with the Armor being able to identify a type of target and automatically use the right round. But it sounds like this mod will have good AI.
JNT11593
JNT11593
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down