The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I help TAOW get off the ground?

+2
Snake
Jarhead
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How can I help TAOW get off the ground? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can I help TAOW get off the ground?

Post  Snake Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Jarhead wrote:well, so far I have downloaded and printed tutorial on world builder, all 88 pages of it.

Shocked Shocked Shocked WOW!!!

Jarhead wrote:Done some piddelfartin around with it, I was kinda wondering if I would be wasting my time making maps (considering world builder is going to be different).

Don't worry, the interface is generally the same Cool , what will change is that our TAOW Worldbuilder will have tons of great new addons (which will able the mapper to create fresh looking maps with new logics and stuff).

We will make our own Tutorial to name the new inclusions and how to make use of'em (basically every ZH mapper can do a TAOW map).

Jarhead wrote:I've also been looking more at coding and how people have done certain things, interesting and boring at the same time, but nevertheless key to making good options for the game so I'm chuggin on.

Too true, coding can be very gratifying (when we manage to do/include what we want to), or a major pain (usually it's a major pain Sad ).

Jarhead wrote:I may have found a modeler who is currently working on a flight simulation game, making new air units to play with. Looks pretty damn good but not sure what program he is using. I should be talking to him today so I'll see what I can do. (this whole thing is like eating a double chocolate chip cookie, one nibble at a time! I can hardly stand it!)

lol! He must be using a professional 3D modeling program (those sexy planes for flight simulations are usually done on advanced modeling programs like 3ds Max).

Jarhead wrote:I'm still looking for a working model of an aircraft carrier but no luck yet.

Thanks bro Thumbs Up! , if we can't find one then we'll have to go ahead with a new major "Aircraft Carrier Program" (by asking other fellow modelers to help us create a new one from scratch, which won't be an easy task due to the carrier's size pale ).

Jarhead wrote:I really wish I had more info on the game itself, otherwise my suggestions are kind of a stab in the dark. I'm glad we found a way to make infantry swim. If not a Mega Update, can we get some info on the game/game play so as to have some kind of direction as to what might work and what might not. Chances at inclusion in the mod team I am sure are about nil. But what good are we doing otherwise? And how can we, the Non exclusive TAOW "members" help?

Well, at this point, me and Marc are focusing on the V-22 Osprey (tiltrotor aircraft), this model have been giving us a hard time, if we have more trouble with it, then we'll ask our fellow forum members if they know where a free Osprey model is available (we'll have to ask/beg for authorization to the original owner obviously).

Even so, we are still working on it and we may receive some backup for a fellow modeler (Nemesis, he made some really important contributions with some models he had sunny ).
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

How can I help TAOW get off the ground? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can I help TAOW get off the ground?

Post  Jarhead Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:28 am

http://www.deezire.net/forums/generals-zero-hour-editing/8424-swimming-infantry.html

go here then find # 829. Osprey rotors
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:36 am

Its Page 4
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:08 am

Thanks sunny
Me and Marc are focusing on the V-22 model (if we can't manage to create it, then we'll have to ask another modeler to give us permission to use his/her model).

On the coding level, I think we will be able to use our custom "Harrier Logic" in order to make the V-22 rotors moving ("Hover" and "Plane" modes).

The Harrier logic will work to able the american AV-8B Harriers to move from "Hover" to "Jet" Modes.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:18 am

^^ all good ideas u guys have Thumbs Up!

i really want to help too but the only way i can help is maybe realism and choose the usable vehicles but thats allready done isn't it How can I help TAOW get off the ground? - Page 2 745509

so ... if i can help ^^ pm me or something How can I help TAOW get off the ground? - Page 2 386875 How can I help TAOW get off the ground? - Page 2 225471

greetz Thumbs Up!
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:20 pm

Many thanks sunny sunny sunny

In case we need backup to choose some units we'll contact you Thumbs Up!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:45 am

Congragulations James and Tusker, great to see people contributing to help this baby get off the ground. Now lets kick some @$$! Twisted Evil
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:55 am

Jarhead wrote:Congragulations James and Tusker, great to see people contributing to help this baby get off the ground. Now lets kick some @$$! Twisted Evil
lol! hell yeah Thumbs Up!
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Zell_Dincht Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:22 pm

Greetings, if there is anything i can do, send me a PM.
Since many things are being done for some people, if you want i may help in voice acting.
Take care people.
Zell_Dincht
Zell_Dincht
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:08 pm

Thanks bro Cool
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Zell_Dincht Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:34 am

Snake wrote:Thanks bro Cool
No prob! Thumbs Up!
Zell_Dincht
Zell_Dincht
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:26 pm

Been gone for a couple months, did I miss the Mega update? Whats going on with TAOW?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Jarhead wrote:Been gone for a couple months

Cheers mate! sunny Welcome back How can I help TAOW get off the ground? - Page 2 329208

Jarhead wrote:did I miss the Mega update?

Whats going on with TAOW?

Unfortunately we haven't released any new major public updates since the "Middle Eastern Front" but we did released a WIP update with extra stuff on the forum member's section, you can check it here.

The Team's been working on something very saucy these last months How can I help TAOW get off the ground? - Page 2 356497 which resulted on a full revision of the Third Mega Update (which the team calls the 'TMU II - Third Mega Update II').

The Third Mega Update will be the biggest update we've ever had and due to the recent revisions on the TMU we decided to release an extra mini update as a sort of an "appetizer" for the larger mega update, this new mini update will be released after the last models are prepared, hopefully very soon Thumbs Up!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2