The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel and Power system

+7
Jarhead
AgustaBE
James100
Snake
Pathfinder
Tusker2Zero
Vegantor
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fuel and Power system - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuel and Power system

Post  Snake Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:46 pm

The mini update itself is basically prepared for release, but the new content is still being prepared, I don't have a specific release date at this time though I'm really looking forward to release it sunny
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Speaking of navel units are there going to be subs?
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:15 pm

Well, At Start Subs Were A Prob, Some ZH Limitations, But Beng, Our Fellow Coding Guru, Id Developing Us Some Sort If Map.Ini That Will Allow Us To Include Em.

So If You Want:

80% Yes
20% No
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:13 pm

Thanks to Beng's help I'd have to say that it would be likely that there will be subs in this mod. I agree with James on the percentages, because we haven't gotten an official yes from Marc or Snake on that one yet.

About the map.ini thing. Beng, had made previously, located on cncmaps.com, a Naval mod using only a map.ini file. No installing, or modifying the ZH original code itself. It was all done with a map.ini file in the map's folder. This allowed mappers who made maps for normal ZH (no other mods installed), To have buildable naval assets for their maps. It had all kind of cool new toys to play around with. It had armed PT boats with gattling guns, Frogmen that actually looked like they were swimming, movable floating firebases, and a movable battleship.

Anyway, in that map.ini also had two subs:

1.) An attack sub that was stealthed. I don't remember off the top of my head what it fired.

2.) A kick @$$ missle sub that fired multiple cruise missiles at a target. It was really nicely done.

Anyway, what I'm leading to here about the map.ini thing is that for TAOW the subs, if it is decided to include them in the mod, you will not need a map.ini file to use them since the sub(s) [whether they're beng's or made from scratch] will be coded into the mod itself. Meaning if your a mapper, you won't need to include the sub code in your homemade map.ini files.

By the way, for the beginners who are reading this and don't know what a map.ini file is. It's a file that sits in your individual map folder, that is basically a blank sheet of paper that you can start to write scripts on that will rewrite different aspects of your map. As, an example you could rewrite a war factory to produce something that it couldn't build previously but is a unit of another sub-faction, or adjust let's say the Paladin to become buildable from the very beginning of the game, without requiring a generals promotion point. That sort of thing. There are various pre-made map.ini's over at cncmaps.com that you can download and install on your maps to check out.
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:32 pm

Pathfinder wrote:Speaking of navel units are there going to be subs?

Just like James and Tusker pointed, it isn't still 100% certain though chances really increased after Beng managed to prove that subs were viable (in his map.ini).

If subs are included, then it'll be a later Naval Mode inclusion (our first aim is to lay the foundations for the main naval surface warfare). After the naval mode reaches a certain level of maturity (after it is working smoothly), work will start on other possible bold inclusions (subs for example).

Tusker2Zero wrote:1.) An attack sub that was stealthed. I don't remember off the top of my head what it fired.

I think it fired supercavitating torpedoes (to attack enemy ships/subs).

Tusker2Zero wrote:Anyway, what I'm leading to here about the map.ini thing is that for TAOW the subs, if it is decided to include them in the mod, you will not need a map.ini file to use them since the sub(s) [whether they're beng's or made from scratch] will be coded into the mod itself. Meaning if your a mapper, you won't need to include the sub code in your homemade map.ini files.

Precisely, the subs are on the house Fuel and Power system - Page 2 2890 Fuel and Power system - Page 2 356497
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Snake wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:Speaking of navel units are there going to be subs?

Just like James and Tusker pointed, it isn't still 100% certain though chances really increased after Beng managed to prove that subs were viable (in his map.ini).

If subs are included, then it'll be a later Naval Mode inclusion (our first aim is to lay the foundations for the main naval surface warfare). After the naval mode reaches a certain level of maturity (after it is working smoothly), work will start on other possible bold inclusions (subs for example).

Tusker2Zero wrote:1.) An attack sub that was stealthed. I don't remember off the top of my head what it fired.

I think it fired supercavitating torpedoes (to attack enemy ships/subs).

Tusker2Zero wrote:Anyway, what I'm leading to here about the map.ini thing is that for TAOW the subs, if it is decided to include them in the mod, you will not need a map.ini file to use them since the sub(s) [whether they're beng's or made from scratch] will be coded into the mod itself. Meaning if your a mapper, you won't need to include the sub code in your homemade map.ini files.

Precisely, the subs are on the house Fuel and Power system - Page 2 2890 Fuel and Power system - Page 2 356497

if snake sais that it will be likely that they are included, then they will be included, since Snake and Marc15yo are working so hard for this mod! Thumbs Up!
but...at the really end, when taow is 100% completed, with every fixable bug fixed, taow will be the best mod ever seen !
Rock on! Rock on! Rock on! Fuel and Power system - Page 2 386875
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:30 pm

lol! F-16 You Forgot Ummmm... Let Me Check... Oh Yeah, The Rest Of The Team lol!

Just Kidding With Ya! Laughing
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:37 pm

AND James100 too Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
lol!

ur right, but i'm right to about it being the best mod eh Thumbs Up!
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:59 am

whadda bout tusker?! Razz

lol, sorry, just really felt like poking more holes in your sails! lol!
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:36 am

Pyrospastiac wrote:whadda bout tusker?! Razz

lol, sorry, just really felt like poking more holes in your sails! lol!

lol lol!

OK, so all the TAOW forum members are AWESOME PEOPLE XD Thumbs Up! Rock on! lol!
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:05 am

You Forgot The Contributors Laughing I Love Messing With People Razz XD
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:29 pm

James100 wrote:You Forgot The Contributors Laughing I Love Messing With People Razz XD

No don't tease me lol!
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:13 pm

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:
if snake sais that it will be likely that they are included, then they will be included, since Snake and Marc15yo are working so hard for this mod! Thumbs Up!
but...at the really end, when taow is 100% completed, with every fixable bug fixed, taow will be the best mod ever seen !
Rock on! Rock on! Rock on! Fuel and Power system - Page 2 386875

It would be immortal if they dev makes ground breaking achievement. Especially since the engine is SAGE.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:48 pm

lol! Too true Pathfinder, after all this is the SAGE engine (usually it is thought that all of it's potential was already achieved, but there's still a lot of juice from that orange Laughing), fortunately I'm gonna confess that it is much more compatible with some of the new logics than I ever expected at first (it's a fantastic thing to watch a brand new logic growing healthily, a perfect example is the randomizer which is already rollin' Twisted Evil).

Many theories that weren't possible were rapidly shot down and some are still stuck in limbo (fuel/ammo concepts for example), but as modders we have to adapt and improvise to get alternatives.

Believe me, there is still a LOT of stuff to come Fuel and Power system - Page 2 210300, much of it was generally thought to be impossible or even unthinkable to be created for ZH and so will raise a lot of eyebrows once it is revealed in game Fuel and Power system - Page 2 356497.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:53 pm

Door guns is one prime example I know several modders that would be happy if you guys managed to get it working correctly.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Either Way We Incredibly Thank You And Other Supporting Members For Their Help
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Vegantor Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:59 pm

nice this mod make me want to see this mod done and release
Vegantor
Vegantor
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:35 pm

Pathfinder wrote:Door guns is one prime example I know several modders that would be happy if you guys managed to get it working correctly.

too true, i've seen so many ZH mods have to go for the veggie transport blackhawks because they all said door guns was just too difficult. if you manage to make some successful doorguns, it'll change the way ZH modders play, actually being able to lay down fire in 2 directions!
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Let us pray and hope cheers lol!

In addition to door guns, there's some serious and badass coding ahead of us on other fields (specially certain logics on the Naval Mode).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  La Ravenn! Sat May 09, 2009 2:16 pm

I just had a thought... but if you wanted to make some sorta "fuel system" for airplanes, what if you treated an airplane like the Spectre Gunship from the original ZH, but a bit differently.

What I mean is, you click somewhere [perhaps from a command post] to call in an airplane [lets say a B2 bomber with carpet bombs] at a location of your choosing, and once the plane arrives, you can bomb and attack ect freely like any other unit [unlike the spectre where it is limited to the radius it is called to] and the B2 will leave the playable area when either

A: All its weaponry is used up or
B: It's time on the battlefield has expired [like the spectre].

I dont know if you could somehow create a "meter" to measure the time it can stay ingame, but its just a suggestion Very Happy
La Ravenn!
La Ravenn!
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sat May 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Well...
Originally Planes Will Be Called And When Fuel/Ammo Runs Out They Will Leave The Map To Re-Fuel/Re-Arm
But, In Some Maps There Are Tactical Landing Fields Which Will Allow Your Plane To Land And Remain With You
TAoW Is All About Tactical And Realism, Oh Yeah, And In The Naval Mode, Naval Aviation Will Land On Either Aircraft Carriers Or Amphibious Assault Ships
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  La Ravenn! Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:11 am

this brought another question to my mind, how will the planes land [lol]. I know this might seem a bit picky, but when i first played Generals and Zero Hour [some AEONS ago] it bothered me slightly that the planes do like... a tornado twist before landing on the airfield, instead of gradually reducing speed and landing lol. One other thing, will the airfields be realistic length, or will you just shorten it and add an advanced take-off catapult or something of the nature? [kinda like the ones on Aircraft carriers]
La Ravenn!
La Ravenn!
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:28 am

La Ravenn! wrote:this brought another question to my mind, how will the planes land [lol]. I know this might seem a bit picky, but when i first played Generals and Zero Hour [some AEONS ago] it bothered me slightly that the planes do like... a tornado twist before landing on the airfield, instead of gradually reducing speed and landing lol. One other thing, will the airfields be realistic length, or will you just shorten it and add an advanced take-off catapult or something of the nature? [kinda like the ones on Aircraft carriers]

Well When You Begin The Game, You Won't Have An Airfield To Be Exact... You Call You Planes In (Logically) And They Will Aid You Until They Run Out Of Ammo (In Some Cases) Or Fuel And They Leave The Map. Although In Some Maps You Could Capture Tactical Locations Such As Airstrips To Land Your Aircraft, Refuel, Rearm, And Repair Them, And They Will Remain With You The Entire Game... Until They Get Destroyed Or The Airstrip Gets Captured By Hostiles, Also You Should Note That You Can't "Build Aircraft" You Literally Call Them In To Keep The Realism : D
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  La Ravenn! Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:31 am

James100 wrote:
La Ravenn! wrote:this brought another question to my mind, how will the planes land [lol]. I know this might seem a bit picky, but when i first played Generals and Zero Hour [some AEONS ago] it bothered me slightly that the planes do like... a tornado twist before landing on the airfield, instead of gradually reducing speed and landing lol. One other thing, will the airfields be realistic length, or will you just shorten it and add an advanced take-off catapult or something of the nature? [kinda like the ones on Aircraft carriers]

Well When You Begin The Game, You Won't Have An Airfield To Be Exact... You Call You Planes In (Logically) And They Will Aid You Until They Run Out Of Ammo (In Some Cases) Or Fuel And They Leave The Map. Although In Some Maps You Could Capture Tactical Locations Such As Airstrips To Land Your Aircraft, Refuel, Rearm, And Repair Them, And They Will Remain With You The Entire Game... Until They Get Destroyed Or The Airstrip Gets Captured By Hostiles, Also You Should Note That You Can't "Build Aircraft" You Literally Call Them In To Keep The Realism : D

I like it... that does make MUCH more sense.
La Ravenn!
La Ravenn!
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:43 pm

Aircraft will be controlled and called in by a specific Command Vehicle (just like helicopters, infantry or armor).

Like James said, once a plane is called in, it'll take a certain amount of time before it enters the battlefield and become controllable by the player.
After the plane enters the area, it will loiter around until it's either out of fuel or uses it's weapons (it'll consequently fly out of the map area and rearm, when it's prepared it can be called in again).

The planes will be naturally extremely powerful and these courses of action will be themselves very tactical, capturing airfields will allow the players to rearm/repair the planes in game (there will be certain tricks to make things more "tactical").
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next