The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chemical Warfare

+2
James100
Pathfinder
6 posters

Go down

Chemical Warfare Empty Chemical Warfare

Post  Pathfinder Mon May 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Question, is the mod going to include Gas weapons such as nerve gas or anything related to chemical warfare?
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Chemical Warfare Empty Re: Chemical Warfare

Post  James100 Mon May 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Well Maybe Yes Maybe No
I'm Leaning Towards No
Coz NO WMDs ALLOWED!!! Laughing
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon May 18, 2009 10:14 pm

Yup, WMDs won't be included (directly controllable), chances are that there might be special missions (such as campaigns) with these weapons though.
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Wed May 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Snake wrote:Yup, WMDs won't be included (directly controllable), chances are that there might be special missions (such as campaigns) with these weapons though.

yeah a classic SEAL-mission : take out the russian nuclear missile with some C4 ^^ cheers lol!

greetz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Thu May 21, 2009 9:11 am

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:
Snake wrote:Yup, WMDs won't be included (directly controllable), chances are that there might be special missions (such as campaigns) with these weapons though.

yeah a classic SEAL-mission : take out the russian nuclear missile with some C4 ^^ cheers lol!

greetz

Lol, I'm Imagining If I Modeled Myself As A Seal, And Coded Myself (If I Knew How Razz) And Command Myself On That Type Of Mission Razz
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu May 21, 2009 12:20 pm

greetz

lol! Indeed, sabotage missions are a must Chemical Warfare 225471 Chemical Warfare 210300
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  La Ravenn! Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:15 am

well, if there is... and it follows the hierarchy of lethality that you guys set forth in this game, I think it would be a possible nice inclusion. But chemical/biological weapons dont necessarily have to be deadly. For example, what if you launch a tear gas attack on a group of infantry, and it makes them slow down and disperse gradually ect. Or you could have other agents that bring them to a crawl, demoralize, reduce their accuracy/line of sight/shroud clearing range. And then, as the TOP tier of chemical warfare perhaps, you can have a lethal agent... but even that is in controlled amounts, not a GIANT toxin bomb like the Anthax Bomb of Generals and ZH.
La Ravenn!
La Ravenn!
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:04 pm

La Ravenn! wrote:well, if there is... and it follows the hierarchy of lethality that you guys set forth in this game, I think it would be a possible nice inclusion. But chemical/biological weapons dont necessarily have to be deadly. For example, what if you launch a tear gas attack on a group of infantry, and it makes them slow down and disperse gradually ect. Or you could have other agents that bring them to a crawl, demoralize, reduce their accuracy/line of sight/shroud clearing range. And then, as the TOP tier of chemical warfare perhaps, you can have a lethal agent... but even that is in controlled amounts, not a GIANT toxin bomb like the Anthax Bomb of Generals and ZH.

yeah indead, or chemical anti-infantry mines or so, should be cool indead scratch
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:23 pm

La Ravenn! wrote:well, if there is... and it follows the hierarchy of lethality that you guys set forth in this game, I think it would be a possible nice inclusion. But chemical/biological weapons dont necessarily have to be deadly. For example, what if you launch a tear gas attack on a group of infantry, and it makes them slow down and disperse gradually ect. Or you could have other agents that bring them to a crawl, demoralize, reduce their accuracy/line of sight/shroud clearing range. And then, as the TOP tier of chemical warfare perhaps, you can have a lethal agent...

If things go smoothly, in a sense we might have a limited chemical warfare presence in TAOW.

We're also looking to include the elusive POW (Prisoner Of War) System in the mod (as I'm sure you're aware, the POW system was initially planned to be included in Zero Hour but was later unfortunately scrapped).

If we do manage to create our own POW system then it will be the setting point for us to include a "Less-Lethal" fighting system in which certain chemical agents could prove quite useful on the battlefield (specially lachrymatory agents such as CS / CR / CN gas, Tear gas, etc), to be used on various forms (artillery, grenade launchers, special light weapons, etc), in order to enhance the planned Less-Lethal logic.

La Ravenn! wrote:but even that is in controlled amounts, not a GIANT to xin bomb like the Anthax Bomb of Generals and ZH.

Yeah, the way Anthrax was depicted in ZH was rather unrealistic.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  OLIVES Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:11 pm

greetz

if you have a seal mission they should deploy from a sub.

OLIVES
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:24 pm

olives wrote:

greetz

if you have a seal mission they should deploy from a sub.

Not Necessarily, The Deploy From Every Form Of Deployment, Either They Swim Their Way, Parachuted, Transported Via Help/Amphibious Transports Etc... Believe Me, I Should Know Very Happy Welcome To The Forums Btw sunny
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  OLIVES Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:12 am

James100 wrote:

Not Necessarily, The Deploy From Every Form Of Deployment, Either They Swim Their Way, Parachuted, Transported Via Help/Amphibious Transports Etc... Believe Me, I Should Know Very Happy Welcome To The Forums Btw sunny

i ment it would be cool if they deployed from a sub.

OLIVES
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:05 pm

Welcome to The Art of War Forums Olives Cool

olives wrote:
James100 wrote:

i ment it would be cool if they deployed from a sub.

At the moment controllable subs might appear in TAOW's Naval Mode, it's not sure though.

If controllable subs appear, then it's probable that sub-deployed special forces might show up as well (in either case the SEAL's will appear).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down