The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

in-game screenshots

+2
Snake
AgustaBE
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

in-game screenshots Empty in-game screenshots

Post  AgustaBE Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:01 pm

hi m8tes;

i just want to ask ifu could publish some in-game screenshots or even better videos, since i see in the vehicle table that many of the US units are allready finished cheers bounce

plz Sad

^^

cheers cheers

BTW Merry Christmas for everyone !!! santa
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

in-game screenshots Empty Re: in-game screenshots

Post  Snake Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:38 pm

Sure, we'll release some pics as soon as possible, the main reason we haven't done so at this moment is because we won't be exactly using Zero Hour's environment.

We will have a lot of completely new models for inclusion in maps, specially:
- Civilian units (new civilians, cars, etc.);
- Houses;
- Trees;
- Bridges;
- Vegetation;
- New Terrain Patterns;
And pretty much everything in general.

The new models will be created with realism in mind (so they will look much better than the standard Zero Hour objects Wink ).

Let's say we have a mission in Europe: we want the environment to match the real one as much as possible, that goes for civilians / cities / cars, etc. as well (to create a much realistic environment in general).

We will use some Zero Hour models (like buildings) and enhance them (make buildings bigger, more realistic, better looking).
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:34 am

hi m8tes,

sounds great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers cheers
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:33 pm

Thanks Thumbs Up!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:00 am

FIIIIIIIINALY!!!!!
thank you!!!
soooo many mods just make their changes then go. others put more work in and change some civillian objects. but non of them EVER change the vegetation!!! (have any of you played vietnam glory obscured mod? i was really supprised to see they made the big tree but didn't change anything else!)
im really glad to hear that vegetation and trees are being given an overhaul! can u plz make sure that their bigger? the ZH trees were always a bit tiny.

also, i know that the majority of the confict is to take place over European settings, probably russia, and maybe one or two small invasions on american soil. but can you guys pleeeeeeze make a tropical objects set? i've always REALLY hated the ZH palm tree and i've always wanted someone to make a better one.

really glad to hear it's not just buildings and civillian objects getting a re-do, look foreward to better vegetation, keep up the really great work.

-pyro
Rock on! Rock on! Rock on! in-game screenshots 825558 in-game screenshots 77220
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:54 am

LOL Pyro
You exepected anything else from afro 8) TAOW 8) afro
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:20 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:FIIIIIIIINALY!!!!!
thank you!!!
soooo many mods just make their changes then go. others put more work in and change some civillian objects. but non of them EVER change the vegetation!!! (have any of you played vietnam glory obscured mod? i was really supprised to see they made the big tree but didn't change anything else!)
im really glad to hear that vegetation and trees are being given an overhaul! can u plz make sure that their bigger? the ZH trees were always a bit tiny.

Certainly Thumbs Up!, Marc have made some awesome vegetation (great looking and very balanced on the poly level). Unfortunately I don't have a render right now, but I'll assure you we have the best grass / weed around Zero Hour Razz Razz Razz Razz (lol, I'd even say TAOW might get pretty popular with the rasta movements due to the grass detail lol! , people will love this grass so much, they might want to smoke/sniff the screen lol! ).

Zero Hour trees will be enhanced as well (so they won't look like a small bamboo stick with leafs Laughing ).

(One of the most overwhelming moments will be when you first drop a cluster bomb over a forest, and watch the pacific woods being turned into a huge crater Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Razz ).

Pyrospastiac wrote:also, i know that the majority of the confict is to take place over European settings, probably russia, and maybe one or two small invasions on american soil. but can you guys pleeeeeeze make a tropical objects set? i've always REALLY hated the ZH palm tree and i've always wanted someone to make a better one.

Sure thing Thumbs Up! , we are also putting a lot of emphasis on the revamped and completely upgraded skirmish mode.

We want to have maps with strong support with every major environment, specially:
- Woodland (standard forested environment);
- Urban;
- Desert;
- Snowy environments;
- Jungles;
etc.

Of course that players can also get additional camos to use in their vehicles (per environment).

Pyrospastiac wrote:really glad to hear it's not just buildings and civillian objects getting a re-do, look foreward to better vegetation, keep up the really great work.

You'll love our vegetation flower , I'm gonna look for a render (I'm not sure if I have any available at the moment though), Marc managed to create beautiful patches of grass which look realistic, can occupy a large area without using a significant polycount and can be adapted per terrain.

About 6 months ago, we had a major "Grass Test" (we tested and handpicked the best patches of grass which were created (we tested several ways of creating grass, having in mind: realism and poly).

James100 wrote:LOL Pyro
You exepected anything else from afro 8) TAOW 8) afro

lol! Thanks bro Thumbs Up!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:03 am

umm hey, i think my left arm's feeling a little funny. i may be having i heart attack! get the defibrillator out from the basement. it's between the christmas tree and the canoe!!!

CLEAR! *KA-THWUMP!* *zeeeeeEEEEEEEE*
CLEAR! *KA-THWUMP!*

thankyouthankyouthankyousomuchformakingbettervegetationithinkicandiehappynow!!!
oh, wait, that means i wont be able to play TAOW when it comes out! to hell with this... i wanna live!!!

you guys have no ideaaaa how much i'm looking forward to this mod!
if something goes wrong later on down the line, maybe TAOW team will get claimed by RealLife (tm.) but basically if this mod ever dies, i die

i want you to think about my pretty face (even tho you've never seen it scratch ) if your ever considering pulling the plug about a year from now and ask yourself if you want me to die. (although that seems to be the conclusion all my friends seem to be leanig towards scratch )

lol! lol! lol!
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:14 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I'm really looking forward to post the Second Mega Update, unfortunately we've been having some technical problems, but hey, at least it's basically prepared Razz

In these last two months, the forums have become much more "active", me and the lads from the team have been planning our "World Expansion Plan" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil , which is basically a flashy-just-made-up-name for our plans of expanding to other mod communities (besides Moddb), we've been carefully watching over Filefront's Zero Hour/C&C community and plan to establish an extra "command centre" there sunny (maybe it's our next major move).

Plus, James is gonna join the moderating team sunny (to help us to make these forums grow and to help us with moderating duties, specially since the only current "moderators" at this point are me and Marc).

We expect to have a "registration boom" in the forums once we release the beta version (since it'll be there when people will truly watch/notice how ambitious the project is, and the gap that separates TAOW from the "classic" Zero Hour and it's mods in general, and most specially: the extent of the modification in which ZH is currently undergoing).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:54 pm

all of the early members will be lost into the mist forever! nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

but it is good that the mod is expanding it's horizons. im just not looking forward to all the newbies saying "so how do you build units?" so you have to lay out that there's no bases 1000 more times.
or people asking "hang on, where are the superweapons in this mod? and i just had this awesome new idea, you guys could include like, a naval mode! with ships!"
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:47 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Me and Marc have planned a brand new TAOW-FAQ section (we will include it shortly after the release of the second mega update, that is due to the fact that we will add the TAOW "Document" on our Moddb's "Feature" page, that will eventually make a lot of people ask us a lot of stuff, the FAQ Section will hopefully respond many of those questions).

About Filefront's C&C Community, well, just like Moddb, it'll be a Secondary "Command Post".

Our objective is to centralize all actions on these very forums (we like consistency Razz , and due to the fact that we're a pretty small mod/moderator team and unfortunately can't keep an eye on other mod profiles, with James help, we will 8) , however it'll still take some time to establish a new crib on filefront).

But I'm afraid that most of those questions will be only answered when people play the beta (that's when at least 75 to 85% of the players will truly realize the extent of the modification Razz ).

At that point we expect to have a forum bom bom "boom" bom bom (lots of new members, etc.)

Also, by centralizing our actions here, we can easily get in contact with all the avid TAOW mod watchers (and eventually start to send newspapers via mail to announce new updates, and specially stuff like *cough* beta tests *cough* Suspect , but that's another story Rolling Eyes Wink
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:49 am

LOL
TAOW's Current Bases :
_ Main Base : TAOW Forums
_ Communications Base : Moddb
_ Productions Base : Freewebs
_ Infiltration (Done By Me lol! : CNC File Front

TAOW's Futur Bases :
_ Capture : Main Filefront
_ Maybe Piczo Razz
etc...
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:57 am

hey guys i found my lost password of main filefront the infiltration may be easier Razz 8)
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:02 am

Hey Snake Or Mark
I'll Send my psswrd on P.M. (Optinal Laughing )
If you want , bcoz you know how to make the page as your taste
i don't wanna cause any trouble lol!
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:17 pm

hey guys how do post pics from your pc?????

Or you can't , i read in the FAQ you can't
but is there a way???
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:52 am

James100 wrote:LOL
TAOW's Current Bases :

see, this is what i'm talkin about. new kids making posts asking about bases! there are no bases in TAOW new kid!!!
LOL! lol! lol! lol! just kiddin james! XD
i never EEEVER thought of myself as a more senior member out of the odd 40 this mod has. but i just realised that apart from snake and marc (who dont count cause they built this thing) the only people who've made more posts than me are james (soon to become a moderator) and smooder (who is no longer with us *bows head in silence* curse you RealLife (tm)!!!) which will soon make me the member with the most posts who isnt an admin or mod. ...scary. Shocked

But i seriously cant wait for the second mega update to see some of that vegetation and that new grass you were talkin bout!!! post some pics up in the forums i cant wait any longerrrr!!!

-pyro
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:57 am

LOL Bro Don't Worry About it
about the update same here

LOL i 2 am gonna persue a military life *Later*
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:09 pm

TAOW's Current Bases :

TAOW's Futur Bases :
_ Capture : Main Filefront
_ Maybe Piczo Razz
etc...

Razz Razz Razz Definitely!!! Though our current site (Freewebs) haven't been updated in ages, we may update it big time and give it a much fresher look (it'll be specially useful to explain all the new changes in the mod, showing vehicles, partner mods, etc.)

James100 wrote:hey guys i found my lost password of main filefront the infiltration may be easier Razz 8)

Nice Thumbs Up!

James100 wrote:Hey Snake Or Mark
I'll Send my psswrd on P.M. (Optinal Laughing )
If you want , bcoz you know how to make the page as your taste
i don't wanna cause any trouble lol!

We gotta wait for Marc before we make that big time move and filefront invasion Twisted Evil (that way we can do a "coordinated assault" 8) ).

James100 wrote:hey guys how do post pics from your pc?????

Or you can't , i read in the FAQ you can't
but is there a way???

Well, me and Marc use a picture hosting site, this forum will automatically access a default hosting system (click the "Host an Image" icon in-game screenshots Picture_save ) and from there on you can host a particular image and upon upload you receive a link, post that particular link between the "in-game screenshots " and "" (BB code) and voila, your image appears.

This is due to the fact that our forum server can't handle images (it would use need a much larger server and bandwidth capacity and the costs would rise a lot), a solution is image hosting sites, which have huge servers for just that purpose (that way our server can handle a countless number of images by not hosting them directly, this is used on most forums these days.

Mine and Marc's favorite image hosting site is Photobucket ( http://photobucket.com/ ), it offers a great memory capacity, rapid image upload and it's free sunny .

Pyrospastiac wrote:
TAOW's Current Bases :

see, this is what i'm talkin about. new kids making posts asking about bases! there are no bases in TAOW new kid!!!
LOL! lol! lol! lol! just kiddin james! XD
i never EEEVER thought of myself as a more senior member out of the odd 40 this mod has. but i just realised that apart from snake and marc (who dont count cause they built this thing) the only people who've made more posts than me are james (soon to become a moderator) and smooder (who is no longer with us *bows head in silence* curse you RealLife (tm)!!!) which will soon make me the member with the most posts who isnt an admin or mod. ...scary. Shocked

But i seriously cant wait for the second mega update to see some of that vegetation and that new grass you were talkin bout!!! post some pics up in the forums i cant wait any longerrrr!!!

-pyro

lol! lol! lol! Certainly, I don't have pics available, I'll ask Marc to post some images of it as soon as possible (you'll love that weed flower ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:21 pm

I Knew That Razz I Could'ved done that but when i open photobucket i always get a 404Error
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:52 pm

affraid Hmm, maybe it is being blocked by any anti-script program you may have?
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:59 pm

Razz No
it's bcoz when the new campus moved in alaska , and all the students
as i told you somethin was goin odd with the connection lately Rolling Eyes
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Ouch, I see, in fact my internet connection is kinda slow today as well (sorry for the slow replies btw), the net speed is making the replies taking longer to be posted.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:21 pm

hey guys i couldn't help but notice the name of the topic... so here it is guys, you need to be signed in to see this though (it's in the members area).

https://taow.forumotion.com/member-s-access-f5/in-game-progress-go-ahead-and-take-a-look-and-post-t179.htm#5564
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]

https://taow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:15 am

hey, i noticed the un-skinned black eagle tank in the first mega update. i can't wait to see that badboy skinned with the different camo schemes!!!
the black eagle is the only tank i consider to be a match to the mighty abrams!!!
sure, the challenger and leopard are good too, but the black eagle will test the true legend of the M1! Very Happy Very Happy
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:27 am

Pyrospastiac wrote:hey, i noticed the un-skinned black eagle tank in the first mega update. i can't wait to see that badboy skinned with the different camo schemes!!!
the black eagle is the only tank i consider to be a match to the mighty abrams!!!

We have a major plan with the Black Eagle Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

The Black Eagle is deployed with some integral "extras" like APS (Active Protection Systems) and ERA (Explosive Reactive Armour) needless to say, it's a helluva protected tank.

The T-90 can be considered the Russian "standard" tank (which can be upgraded later btw), while the Black Eagle is the Russian "Crown Jewel").

Pyrospastiac wrote:sure, the challenger and leopard are good too, but the black eagle will test the true legend of the M1! Very Happy Very Happy

Aaaaah, the classic tank comparison lol! , in the Black Eagle case we had to make a few "adjustments".

In real life the probability of the Black Eagle adoption by the Russian Army has been decreasing over the years, specially due to the new Russian Tank Project (being designed by Uralvagonzavod plant, this new tank is popularly believed to be named as the 'T-95' once it is officially adopted by the Russian Military (T-95 is the popular name and does not necessarily mean it'll be named as such).

You see, the "T-95" and Black Eagle tanks are competing to become the new Russian Main Battle Tank, though it's widely believed that the Black Eagle won't be formally adopted in favor of the newer and secretive "T-95" (or at least they can be both adopted, kind of what happened between the T-64 and T-72 during the Soviet Union days though that's highly doubtful due to current economic reasons).

The new "T-95" is believed to enter service in 2010 but due to the scarce lack of information and vehicle pictures (in fact there are none, the Russians are very careful with it), we decided and renamed the T-80UM3 Black Eagle (our fictional Black Eagle designation, a step ahead of the T-80UM2, note that some sources call it as the T-12 or even a different T-80 designation, since the Black Eagle is basically a modernization of the T-80) into the T-95 Black Eagle Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil , we basically took the Black Eagle prototype/mockup (which was shown in public a few years ago) example and we'll basically add some extras (like APS / ERA, etc.) and rename it as the T-95 Black Eagle (since the "T" is a Russian Military Designation, much like the "M" in the M1 Abrams).

Russian Vehicle Table:
https://taow.forumotion.com/member-s-access-f5/the-art-of-war-vehicle-table-t122.htm#3665

Here are some pics of the Black Eagle prototype:

in-game screenshots T12_black_eagle

in-game screenshots T12_black_eagle_l4

in-game screenshots T12_black_eagle_l3

in-game screenshots T12_black_eagle_l1

in-game screenshots T12_black_eagle_l2
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down