The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who among of you guys have played the game Act of War: Direct Action and Act of War: High Treason?

5 posters

Go down

Who among of you guys have played the game Act of War: Direct Action and Act of War: High Treason? Empty Who among of you guys have played the game Act of War: Direct Action and Act of War: High Treason?

Post  F-35 Lightning II Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:54 am

Guys, who among you have played the game Act of War: Direct Action and its expansion Act of War: High Treason. I have read in PC games website. It had some interesting stories in the campaign of that game. I'm just curious of what is in that game. It's a RTS game.
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Who among of you guys have played the game Act of War: Direct Action and Act of War: High Treason? Empty Re: Who among of you guys have played the game Act of War: Direct Action and Act of War: High Treason?

Post  Snake Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:39 pm

I have (I have both games) and they're awesome, if you love Generals and Zero Hour I fully recommend you play it Thumbs Up!

Graphics are awesome and so does the gameplay, there are three main factions:

- US Army (which is basically a combination of the US Air Force, Navy and Army);
- Task Force Talon (an US special ops Faction with highly advanced and specialized units);
- Consortium (the bad guys, basically composed of mercenaries hired by several oil companies which plot to create a lot of mess).

Too bad these great games were never widely publicized (they weren't as near as widespread and successful on the economic level as C&C Generals which is quite similar).

Act of War High Treason included my favorite feature, the Navy Mode Rock on! , it's naval combat is surprisingly fun and I still play it regularly from time to time.

High Treason itself included Naval Combat on the campaign, at first it was restricted to LAN (Local Area Network) games, but they released an awesome mini mod called "Navy Invaders" which let's us engage in full blown naval engagements with the AI (really awesome when we have 8 players going toe to toe, it's literally raining anti-ship missiles around the map lol! Who among of you guys have played the game Act of War: Direct Action and Act of War: High Treason? 225471 ).

Here's a video showing it's naval combat:

I fully recommend you play these games if you have the chance Thumbs Up! , specially if you want a more realistic, yet near-futuristic RTS experience (infantry here is much more useful than ZH's and the action is much more tactical).
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Who among of you guys have played the game Act of War: Direct Action and Act of War: High Treason? Empty Re: Who among of you guys have played the game Act of War: Direct Action and Act of War: High Treason?

Post  Snake Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:52 pm

Act of War Direct Action is the original (base) title, Act of War High Treason is an expantion (you need to have Direct Action installed before being able to install/play High Treason).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:56 pm

WOW! That looked pretty sexy. And the water looked awesome. Must be hard to make a ship act like a ship apparently. Besides that the game looks great. This isn't a mod though is it?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:19 pm

Nope, it's a game, here are it's wikipedia pages with extra info:

- AoW - Direct Action:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_War:_Direct_Action

- AoW - High Treason:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_War:_High_Treason

These games added many features I loved, just like this wikipedia paragraph says:
Unlike most RTS games in which some units are massed and are used almost exclusively over other units for an easy victory, Act of War required the player to use a variety of units which allowed for diverse strategies.
I love AoW for this feature, the game is much more tactical than Generals (instead of amassing units, the player will have to look for more strategies).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:40 pm

Snake wrote:... High Treason itself included Naval Combat on the campaign, at first it was restricted to LAN (Local Area Network) games, but they released an awesome mini mod called "Navy Invaders" which let's us engage in full blown naval engagements with the AI (really awesome when we have 8 players going toe to toe, it's literally raining anti-ship missiles around the map lol! Who among of you guys have played the game Act of War: Direct Action and Act of War: High Treason? 225471 ).

Here's a video showing it's naval combat:

I fully recommend you play these games if you have the chance Thumbs Up! , specially if you want a more realistic, yet near-futuristic RTS experience (infantry here is much more useful than ZH's and the action is much more tactical).
OMFG, I think I'm in love! Who among of you guys have played the game Act of War: Direct Action and Act of War: High Treason? Smiley-love008
I can't wait for TAOW's version of naval combat.
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:07 pm

I loved and still love to play AoW's Naval Mode (specially the "Naval Invaders" mini mod which allows us to play against the AI), too bad this game never received widespread attention, it sure deserved it Sad
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:47 am

Did the aircraft in AoW have countermeasures?
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:56 pm

If I remember well, I don't think they had countermeasures (they focused on Stealth instead, specially with the B-2), but generally there weren't any heavy AA units.

The only heavy AA units were included in the Campaign Mode (the enemy had some big @ss S-200 / SA-5 AA missiles), one of the objectives was to take'em out and then use F-35's to blow the rest of the remaining enemy up Who among of you guys have played the game Act of War: Direct Action and Act of War: High Treason? 225471 .
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:18 am

is it realistic?
and what about the units, are they real ones or just some invented futuristic vehicles, like in ZH?

greetz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down