The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would be the base defense structure of all faction?

+2
James100
F-35 Lightning II
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What would be the base defense structure of all faction? Empty What would be the base defense structure of all faction?

Post  F-35 Lightning II Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:46 am

We surely not want some bees flying around our base and starting demolished our base structure or tanks and large group infantry swarm our base...

What would be the base defense structure of all faction? 338179 What would be the base defense structure of all faction? 225471 What would be the base defense structure of all faction? 225471 What would be the base defense structure of all faction? 225471
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

What would be the base defense structure of all faction? Empty Re: What would be the base defense structure of all faction?

Post  James100 Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:57 am

F-35 , In TAOW They Will Be No Bases (Which Will Help With The Performance And The Realism)
You Will Start With A Command Vehicle And Start Calling In Units, When You Get More Generals Points
You Will Be Able To Purchase New And More Powerful Useful Units Etc...
But We May Add Some Defense Structures Such As Bunkers, Foxholes, MG Nest, Etc... We're Not Sure Though scratch
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

What would be the base defense structure of all faction? Empty Re: What would be the base defense structure of all faction?

Post  F-35 Lightning II Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:15 am

How about the aircraft can we control them? Do the mod have some structures like airfield?
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:20 am

No But You Can Capture Neutral Airfields To Land Them So You Can Control Them Faster And Reload Quicker
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:21 am

And Yeah You Can Control Them
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:37 pm

James100 wrote:... But We May Add Some Defense Structures Such As Bunkers, Foxholes, MG Nest, Etc... We're Not Sure Though scratch
Personally, I like C&C3's idea of having infantry squads build sandbag type bunkers. I think this idea could be extended to the other type of bunkers and nests as well.
It would make infantry squads in the game even that much more important. What would be the base defense structure of all faction? Emoticon-misc-027

As for the more advanced bunkers (concrete, steel, mounted heavy weapons such as arty, etc...), that should be left for the combat engineers.

That is assuming the mod will have engineers in the game. What would be the base defense structure of all faction? Smiley-char094
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:39 pm

Actually Tusker That Will Be included
Its Called "Fortifying" lol!
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:32 pm

F-35 Lightning II wrote:How about the aircraft can we control them? Do the mod have some structures like airfield?

Aircraft will be called in from Control Vehicles (after a plane enters the battlefield, you can control it normally).

The plane will loiter around the battlefield until:
- It's fuel is almost spent;
- All weapons are used.

After that, the plane will get off the map, we can call it again later on (after it's rearmed and reequipped).

About the airfields, just as James said, there will be large airfields which can be captured.
The airfields will allow for real-time rearmament, refuel and repair of the aircraft (note that larger and more "special" aircraft such as the B-52, B-1B, B-2A, etc. won't be able to use the airfield).

Planes in TAOW will be extremely powerful, so the airfield can be a very "interesting" control point sunny

Tusker2Zero wrote:
James100 wrote:... But We May Add Some Defense Structures Such As Bunkers, Foxholes, MG Nest, Etc... We're Not Sure Though scratch
Personally, I like C&C3's idea of having infantry squads build sandbag type bunkers. I think this idea could be extended to the other type of bunkers and nests as well.
It would make infantry squads in the game even that much more important. What would be the base defense structure of all faction? Emoticon-misc-027

As for the more advanced bunkers (concrete, steel, mounted heavy weapons such as arty, etc...), that should be left for the combat engineers.

That is assuming the mod will have engineers in the game. What would be the base defense structure of all faction? Smiley-char094
James100 wrote:Actually Tusker That Will Be included
Its Called "Fortifying" lol!

Yeah, some vehicles and infantry are able to fortify themselves.

Some engineering units will be able to "build" some small defense emplacements though the system is still being built (some examples include sandbags, camouflaged positions, etc.), this is a way to include more defensive combat in the mod (we want both offensive, defensive and moderate players to have a lot of options Thumbs Up! ).

Sandbags will be able to be garrisoned by infantry squads (some possible upgrades may include camouflage nets, medical supplies, heavy weapons? scratch etc. ):

What would be the base defense structure of all faction? Sandbags1-1
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:52 pm

James100 wrote:F-35 , In TAOW They Will Be No Bases (Which Will Help With The Performance And The Realism)
You Will Start With A Command Vehicle And Start Calling In Units, When You Get More Generals Points
But We May Add Some Defense Structures Such As Bunkers, Foxholes, MG Nest, Etc... We're Not Sure Though scratch

i think the idea of beeing able to create defense structures is essential for defensive players, like myself
Cool!

but maybe , when u achieve a very high rank, we should be able to built something like a great bunker with maybe an artillery piece or something Idea

greetz cheers

oh and by the way i like to hear that planes will be very important(like u see in my nick im kinda airforce freak Twisted Evil )
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:55 pm

oh

and what about road blocks? like in the mod an act of war, so if u have some "civilian-lookalike" units that can be used to trap the enemy(mostly with Russia i guess)u can stop them and also just for defense, since the road block should be manned by lots of units and vehicles What would be the base defense structure of all faction? 386875 What would be the base defense structure of all faction? 225471

greetz cheers
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:45 pm

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:
James100 wrote:F-35 , In TAOW They Will Be No Bases (Which Will Help With The Performance And The Realism)

i think the idea of beeing able to create defense structures is essential for defensive players, like myself
Cool!

but maybe , when u achieve a very high rank, we should be able to built something like a great bunker with maybe an artillery piece or something Idea

greetz cheers

Too true, I'm a defensive player sometimes (I love to fortify), and we know how important those structures are so I'd say we are including some special defenses just as James mentioned.

About great bunkers, well, we may probably include some "special" buildings to be captured on the map (Bunkers perhaps??? Wink ).

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:oh and by the way i like to hear that planes will be very important(like u see in my nick im kinda airforce freak Twisted Evil )

Same here, I LOVE combat aircraft What would be the base defense structure of all faction? Smiley-transport006 (so does the rest of the TAOW Team).

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:oh

and what about road blocks? like in the mod an act of war, so if u have some "civilian-lookalike" units that can be used to trap the enemy(mostly with Russia i guess)u can stop them and also just for defense, since the road block should be manned by lots of units and vehicles What would be the base defense structure of all faction? 386875 What would be the base defense structure of all faction? 225471

greetz cheers

lol! I'd say that roadblocks will be a special object which can be placed on the mapmaker scratch (most probably with special animations and all).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Snake wrote: lol! I'd say that roadblocks will be a special object which can be placed on the mapmaker scratch (most probably with special animations and all).
Music to my ears. What would be the base defense structure of all faction? Smiley-music030
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:28 am

nice
Smile

what about airplane manouvres, will they be more spectacular then in ZH? like loopings and so and lots and lots more movements then always fly straight?
and... if a jet performs an airstrike will they fly-by over the target or like in ZH drop the bomb and then immediately make a super sharp turn back to where it comes from Evil or Very Mad

greetz cheers
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:03 pm

Tusker2Zero wrote:
Snake wrote: lol! I'd say that roadblocks will be a special object which can be placed on the mapmaker scratch (most probably with special animations and all).
Music to my ears. What would be the base defense structure of all faction? Smiley-music030

lol!

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:nice
Smile

what about airplane manouvres, will they be more spectacular then in ZH? like loopings and so and lots and lots more movements then always fly straight?

One of the first suggestions that Smooder (a teammate) did was to propose the inclusion of a brand new air combat system, we hope to include a system which will hopefully make planes fly more freely than ZH's though the system is still to be constructed (after our planes are fully coded we can proceed to create this new system).

At this moment, the biggest change we did was to take the height that planes can travel to it's maximum (meaning that the zoom span will be taken to it's max as well).

No longer will a B-52 or a B-2 fly at such ludicrously low altitudes to "deliver" ordnance.

I mean: Dropping a FAB (Fuel-Air Bomb) or a MOAB (Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb) at that height??? Shocked What would be the base defense structure of all faction? 603497 drunken

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:and... if a jet performs an airstrike will they fly-by over the target or like in ZH drop the bomb and then immediately make a super sharp turn back to where it comes from Evil or Very Mad

greetz cheers

Definitely not, that was the very first point we talked about when we discussed Air Combat. We will try to change it to make it more realistic (ZH hard coded logics will be a serious opponent on this one pale ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:28 am

If you are going to include some fortifications for defenses, I suggest that you should include some heavy anti - aircraft system like S-400 Triumf missiles for Russia and
MIM-104 Patriot for US and for EU

https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/43/90/27/us_pat10.jpg
US Patriot System

https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/43/90/27/german10.jpg
German Luftwaffe Patriot System

https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/43/90/27/russia10.jpg
Russian S-400 Triumf / SA - 21 Growler(NATO named)

but if you will include these heavy anti-aircraft missiles it should have limitations in number
so that the player will not do some concerts in terms of number of this anti-aircraft defense system. If you are afraid you will not enjoy some airstrike, strategy is the key, you can use special forces unit to sabotage the missile system or do some artillery strikes.
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:13 am

You see we decided not to include these kind of units in the mod. All Anti-Aircraft weapons will be done by mobile units. M6 , Gepard, and Tunguska. even those you mentioned are mobile vehicles they just seem to heavy. we might change our mind though, so if we do choose to include them you bet we'll pick those 3.
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]

https://taow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:29 am

F-35 Lightning II wrote:If you are going to include some fortifications for defenses, I suggest that you should include some heavy anti - aircraft system like S-400 Triumf missiles for Russia and
MIM-104 Patriot for US and for EU

https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/43/90/27/us_pat10.jpg
US Patriot System

https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/43/90/27/german10.jpg
German Luftwaffe Patriot System

https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/43/90/27/russia10.jpg
Russian S-400 Triumf / SA - 21 Growler(NATO named)

but if you will include these heavy anti-aircraft missiles it should have limitations in number
so that the player will not do some concerts in terms of number of this anti-aircraft defense system. If you are afraid you will not enjoy some airstrike, strategy is the key, you can use special forces unit to sabotage the missile system or do some artillery strikes.

i think its a great idea to include them , but built limit 1, u can only built it at the highest rank or so .
but then it has to be very long ranged and 1 shot 1 kill even for great bombers such as B2 ...

greetz cheers
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:30 am

We May Include In Special Campaign Missions Though......
As Non-Playable Of Course
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:31 am

Well F-16 As Mark Said These Are Just Too Heavy, They Should Be Included In A WW3 Mod Not TAOW
Sorry Folks We Cannot Include Them Coz In Reality These Are Plane Fu***rs
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:40 am

James100 wrote:Well F-16 As Mark Said These Are Just Too Heavy, They Should Be Included In A WW3 Mod Not TAOW
Sorry Folks We Cannot Include Them Coz In Reality These Are Plane Fu***rs

yeah they are some hard stuf ^^ Twisted Evil

maybe a good campain mission is to that u have to disable 1 with only one navy-seal squad or something, so that the bombers can pass without any further problems Thumbs Up!

cheers Thumbs Up! What would be the base defense structure of all faction? 745509
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:42 am

BTW i(but not only me i guess)would appriciate it if we see it maybe just once as non controlable or something in campain mode!!!
Twisted Evil Thumbs Up!

cheers cheers
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:52 am

yes I agree with you with that, it is heavy and less mobility. I'm just wondering how can a M6 Linebacker Stinger missile fire at long range bomber like Tu-160? Stinger missile effective range is 15,750 ft but the Tu-160 can bombard at 30,000 ft. Guys, I'm sorry if I offended you, I'm just having some clarifications..
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:59 am

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:BTW i(but not only me i guess)would appriciate it if we see it maybe just once as non controlable or something in campain mode!!!
Twisted Evil Thumbs Up! cheers cheers

We're Not Sure, Till That Will See , Wink

yes I agree with you with that, it is heavy and less mobility. I'm just wondering how can a M6 Linebacker Stinger missile fire at long range bomber like Tu-160? Stinger missile effective range is 15,750 ft but the Tu-160 can bombard at 30,000 ft. Guys, I'm sorry if I offended you, I'm just having some clarifications..

No Worries No Offends
Well Its Coz The Stingers Used By The Linebacker Are Extremely Well Upgraded
If It Was Standard , Its A Catastrophe Coz Standard Stingers Are Meant To Fire At Helicopters Not Planes
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:10 am

Ah I see... the fighter aircraft will be the one who do the guarding the airspace so that no bombers will ever touch the ground units... that's nice.. Intercepting roles...

That is absolutely nice to see some airshow and dogfights... Rock on! Rock on! Rock on! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

I remember lockheed martin says that F-35 is not a dog but a horserace... What would be the base defense structure of all faction? 745509

The F-35 will say.. Come on Doggie, Catch me if you can! then
He will say byebye you!.... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:23 am

Razz
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next