The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would be the base defense structure of all faction?

+2
James100
F-35 Lightning II
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What would be the base defense structure of all faction? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would be the base defense structure of all faction?

Post  AgustaBE Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:03 pm

lol!

nice one f-35 lol!
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

What would be the base defense structure of all faction? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would be the base defense structure of all faction?

Post  Snake Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:13 pm

F-35 Lightning II wrote:Ah I see... the fighter aircraft will be the one who do the guarding the airspace so that no bombers will ever touch the ground units... that's nice.. Intercepting roles...

That is absolutely nice to see some airshow and dogfights... Rock on! Rock on! Rock on! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

I remember lockheed martin says that F-35 is not a dog but a horserace... What would be the base defense structure of all faction? - Page 2 745509

The F-35 will say.. Come on Doggie, Catch me if you can! then
He will say byebye you!.... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

lol! Yeah, just like you said, the main defense against heavy bombers will be fighters (so their tactical importance increases).

AA-armed infantry will be also very important.
AA units such as the M6 will have much longer AA ranges than the casual AA unit in ZH.

You see, the main prob is that units such as the S-400 Triumf are too "bulky", I mean it's range is about 500 KMs (about 250 Miles) Shocked , and since TAOW will be realistic, well that would be kind of "problematic" pale

Units such as the S-400 and Patriots are mainly used as defense against Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles, Cruise Missiles and Aircraft (Aircraft aren't it's top priority though, that's why these batteries are usually accompanied of cheaper missile delivery systems intended for direct use against enemy aircraft, such missiles are usually members of the "SA" family, whose role is to specially attack aircraft.

If an S-400 can supposedly destroy an incoming ICBM at an average speed of 3 miles per second, imagine what it would do to a fighter (not even the fastest fighters could stand a chance, let alone even having time to barely use countermeasures since the blast radius is large), this is why the US is countering these systems with Stealth (if you can't "see", you can't engage).

Even so, long range AA missiles will be included in ships in the naval mode (for long range anti-air and anti missile duties Cool
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2