The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Civilian Buildings

+2
Snake
SnickersSatisfies
6 posters

Go down

Civilian Buildings Empty Civilian Buildings

Post  SnickersSatisfies Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:46 pm

Will there be a complete new set of civilian buildings? ZH buildings were a we bit small, especially compared to infantry. Also, is there a possibility of making the buildings destructable in different sections (a part of the building is destroyed, but the majority of the building remains intact). And, will infantry units be able to breach these buildings...even with enemies inside? Sounds a little to much for the game engine...but is it possible?

thanks Smile
SnickersSatisfies
SnickersSatisfies
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Civilian Buildings Empty Re: Civilian Buildings

Post  Snake Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:36 pm

Cheers SnickersSatisfies, welcome to the TAOW Forums Thumbs Up!

Will there be a complete new set of civilian buildings? ZH buildings were a we bit small, especially compared to infantry.

Yup, a lot of brand new building will be made for TAOW, in fact, once the mod is released (possibly a bit after the demo version), we'll start new and specific mapping threads where people can ask for help about the worldbuilder or send us their own 3D building models for possible inclusion in the mapmaker (we'll have our own mapmaker modification to include all the new stuff and to better suit TAOW).

We might use ZH buildings and content as well (scenery objects), but those will be enhanced and "modernized" (rescaled buildings, brand new textures, more realistic skins, etc Cool!).

Also, is there a possibility of making the buildings destructable in different sections (a part of the building is destroyed, but the majority of the building remains intact). And, will infantry units be able to breach these buildings...even with enemies inside? Sounds a little to much for the game engine...but is it possible?

Very large buildings can have multiple sections which can be separately destroyed (kinda like large destructible blocks) though I'm afraid the game engine won't allow for a single building to be destroyed on different and specific sections (like a higher storey level for example).

About breaching, we're still trying to include some new logics in this field (some experimental theories) so I'm afraid I can't still go into specifics about it (the team is still analyzing it sunny).
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:27 am

welcome

if you want a list of all the vehicles, you can take a look here:
https://taow.forumotion.com/member-s-access-f5/the-art-of-war-vehicle-table-t122.htm

and the members access:
https://taow.forumotion.com/member-s-access-f5/

grtz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:28 pm

Welcome to the motley crew Snickers...

Civilian Buildings Hopartypartysmilieshl1gl4
Have fun dude
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:05 am

Snickers has a good point, having bridges that are destructable would definately add to the game. Especially if it being down means you have to take the long way to get to your enemy. There are countless reasons to include destructable bridges. If codeable an absolute must.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Absolutely, destructible bridges are very important map objects (I'd say we'll have both destructible and indestructible models available for mappers to use).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  SnickersSatisfies Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Sorry that I took a while to respond (computer problems). Thanks for the replies! Smile It's not common for me to get reponses on forums. Anyways, the topic.

Let's say there's some infantry in a building and a tank comes along and fires on the building. Could the infantry's health get affected by that (along with the building)?

I like the idea of destructable bridges. That's something I've always wanted in Generals.
SnickersSatisfies
SnickersSatisfies
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:54 pm

SnickersSatisfies wrote:Sorry that I took a while to respond (computer problems). Thanks for the replies! Smile It's not common for me to get reponses on forums.

No prob mate Cool, we'll try to respond as soon as possible Thumbs Up!

SnickersSatisfies wrote:Let's say there's some infantry in a building and a tank comes along and fires on the building. Could the infantry's health get affected by that (along with the building)?

Yup, though there won't be a visible health bar on garrisoned infantry, garrisoned soldiers can be killed while inside a building (by being sniped, by being hit by certain weapons, etc.), it'll usually depend on a probability (mostly random).

For example, let's say my mobile howitzer is firing on some enemy infantry which is garrisoned on a building, depending on a certain probability some of the enemy holed up soldiers might be wounded or killed (and some may not).

SnickersSatisfies wrote:I like the idea of destructable bridges. That's something I've always wanted in Generals.

I think we did some experiments about destructible bridges a few weeks ago (I think that those tests went very well Wink).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:18 pm

I do like the idea of destructible bridges more realistic.
It would be a nice addition if the bridges were repairable.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:27 pm

Pathfinder wrote:... It would be a nice addition if the bridges were repairable.
... and if the enemy AI can come along and repair the bridge, that would be nice. Not like C&C3 TW where more times than not the AI doesn't send anyone to repair it.
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Let's hope it is possible, if it isn't then we'll give mappers a note about destructible bridges on the new Mapmaker Tutorial.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Heh sorry for bringing back an old topic but.

I hope you guys do get rid of those annoying little gray sticks that pop out of the buildings when infantry inside fire.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:20 pm

Absolutely Thumbs Up!
Those sticks will be completely removed in TAOW.

We do want to modify the garrison system so hopefully soldiers will be actually visible while firing from the buildings (that is to go alongside a redesign and increase in size of the building models).
However since there are certain limitations we're unsure at this time (since we aren't working on that coding part at the moment).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down