The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Sides should be included as a 4rth faction?

+7
Jarhead
Specter
Pyrospastiac
Snake
jibesiss
smooder
Marc15yo [Admin]
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What Sides should be included as a 4rth faction? - Page 3 Empty Re: What Sides should be included as a 4rth faction?

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:00 am

well we've already decided for a 4rth faction, but we decided to keep it classified.

also i must ask you, why all this hate towards one's country?
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]
General of the Army [Administrator]

https://taow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What Sides should be included as a 4rth faction? - Page 3 Empty Re: What Sides should be included as a 4rth faction?

Post  Jarhead Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:54 am

Egypt has one of the biggest stock piles of weapons in the world. From what I hear it is mosty comprised of Kalashnikovs and other small arms. I would like to see a less technically advanced country enter the world stage, but then of course the question remains how does an army like that put up against the more technically advanced countries. I think the 4th faction should simply be indigenous people. Then have a special unit like a green beret or whatever to recruit locals as a kind of mixed bag of units. And if your feeling really lucky and think you can develope 2 armies at once start upgrading them along with your army, but this would also spread generals points thin.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:20 am

Of course Isreal has a decent army from what I hear (especially spec ops), you guys got me stumped
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:21 pm

Jarhead wrote:Egypt has one of the biggest stock piles of weapons in the world. From what I hear it is mosty comprised of Kalashnikovs and other small arms. I would like to see a less technically advanced country enter the world stage, but then of course the question remains how does an army like that put up against the more technically advanced countries. I think the 4th faction should simply be indigenous people. Then have a special unit like a green beret or whatever to recruit locals as a kind of mixed bag of units. And if your feeling really lucky and think you can develope 2 armies at once start upgrading them along with your army, but this would also spread generals points thin.

Egypt has been tooling up a lot in the last decade (and getting a lot of advanced gear, including over 1000 M1 Abrams tanks - including M1A2's and SEP versions for example).

However, instead of a single fourth faction, we are using several other smaller ones (non playable though).

Jarhead wrote:Of course Isreal has a decent army from what I hear (especially spec ops), you guys got me stumped

Israel haves a lot of high quality equipment and a lot of high tech on their side, Mideast Crisis had Israel as one of the main factions (the other main faction was Syria).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:33 am

China is would be a great opponent... they have some development with russian aircraft but it have some differences, The J-11 is a development of Russian Su-27... but still China have its unique fighter, the J-10... What Sides should be included as a 4rth faction? - Page 3 765650
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Yeah, China haves an extremely healthy selection of units and vehicles (everything from infantry to naval units, there's a great possible selection of particular units which can easily fit into an RTS game).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  La Ravenn! Sat May 09, 2009 2:20 pm

well, a 4th faction would probably be a sorta AXIS type configuration. My prime example being a collection of countries that are threatening... maybe Iran, North Korea, ect. Maybe include a few african or middle eastern countries and add to the story, a twist of events such as Iran taking over such and such country, joining with north korea, maybe even China joins...ect. Just a thought. I personally think 3 factions are enough, but if there WAS to be a 4th faction, I believe it would be something of the nature.
La Ravenn!
La Ravenn!
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sat May 09, 2009 3:22 pm

Well There Is No 4th Playable Faction

The 3 Playable Factions Are:
_ The United States Of America
_ The European Union
_ The Russian Federation

The Non-Playable Factions Are:
_The Resistance (Terrorist Like Faction)
_The United Nations
_Ukraine

And We May Include Others Playables And Non-Playables
South-East Asian Countries Such As China, Japan Etc... May Get Included Later
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat May 09, 2009 7:36 pm

A very notorious non playable faction is the Rebel / Militia / Insurgent factions (which will greatly vary depending on the setting, for example we may have certain rebels in Eastern Europe and completely different ones on the Middle East).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Sun May 10, 2009 8:33 am

Snake wrote:A very notorious non playable faction is the Rebel / Militia / Insurgent factions (which will greatly vary depending on the setting, for example we may have certain rebels in Eastern Europe and completely different ones on the Middle East).

geat idea ,maybe add some asian terrorists (who can have their hands on nukes, a great campaign setting, or objective Twisted Evil )

greetz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun May 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Yup, in addition to infantry, rebels will also have certain vehicles (which will also depend on the area and on the user Cool!), in fact, currently the rebels have already a lot of vehicles (some of which are being completed before public presentation).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon May 11, 2009 1:52 am

I always hated in zerohour how how hijackers had no weapons. This maybe something to look at when considering a Rebel/Resistance faction. Besides the fact I highly doubt an unarmed man is going to take over a tank. Even if it was from WWI. Or even an armed man trying to take over a tank is kinda sketchy. Now give a unit the ability to sneak up and plant a charge, thats a little more realistic.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon May 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Yeah, there won't be any hijacker-like units (due to realistic reasons) but it's possible to sneak up on a tank and plant explosives (if there aren't any scout units around and if the soldier is sneaking up).

One possibility for the Hijacker logic though, may be for the POW system (in order to allow a player of the opposite team to gain control an enemy unit).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3