The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ground Vehicle Weapon Resupply

4 posters

Go down

Ground Vehicle Weapon Resupply Empty Ground Vehicle Weapon Resupply

Post  Pathfinder Thu May 21, 2009 6:45 pm

I'm not an expert on coding but is it possible to code ground units, so that it requires them to return to a building or supply vehicle to resupply their weapons. (Similar how aircraft has to return to base)

Something like this would add more realism and possible tactic.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Ground Vehicle Weapon Resupply Empty Re: Ground Vehicle Weapon Resupply

Post  Snake Fri May 22, 2009 4:57 am

Our plans to include a unit Fuel and Resupply system are currently still up (though we'll have to assess it at a later point, after the main units are coded).

There are still a lot of coding and micromanagement questions so this system is kinda "dormant" for the time being.

If it is included then you can count on an exclusive logistics system to respond to the supply needs (in fact, we have some supply units working in game, in the case the focus shifts to the supply logic).
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Fri May 22, 2009 10:24 am

great idea Thumbs Up!
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue May 26, 2009 12:37 am

I love the resupply concept. Especially if you can recruit civilians then supply them with arms with an airdrop, or a hidden cache already on the map. Besides recruiting, this brings up the idea of metal detectors which I brought up in an earlier post, where both mines and caches could be found with. (the kinda Red Alert green box idea but an active search with your people instead of just looking around with your radar. It is not really the most fun part of the game, but it does ensure you will always have a readily available supply of munitions and a potential army where ever you go. As well as making sure you don't blow your ass off getting from point A to B if all you have left is infantry and not the more expensive mine resistant/detecting vehicles to get you through. In short, an outlet that that will deliver troops will be providing mine detection, recruiting capabilities, as well as the ability, if you are a little lucky to find arms or maybe other goodies (?) to arm your soldiers, or maybe even to upgrade themselves. ( would really love to see a guillie ability upgrade)

On another note the AC-130U with some reserve fuel tanks and the ability to mid air refuel as an upgrade would put a big ol' smile on my face. Alot to ask I am sure. But if something like that exsisted, holding a ground base (airfield) could become obsolete and you would have truely gained an advantage.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Jarhead wrote:I love the resupply concept. Especially if you can recruit civilians then supply them with arms with an airdrop, or a hidden cache already on the map. Besides recruiting, this brings up the idea of metal detectors which I brought up in an earlier post, where both mines and caches could be found with. (the kinda Red Alert green box idea but an active search with your people instead of just looking around with your radar. It is not really the most fun part of the game, but it does ensure you will always have a readily available supply of munitions and a potential army where ever you go. As well as making sure you don't blow your ass off getting from point A to B if all you have left is infantry and not the more expensive mine resistant/detecting vehicles to get you through. In short, an outlet that that will deliver troops will be providing mine detection, recruiting capabilities, as well as the ability, if you are a little lucky to find arms or maybe other goodies (?) to arm your soldiers, or maybe even to upgrade themselves. ( would really love to see a guillie ability upgrade)

Certain soldiers (like Engineers/Sappers) will possess mine detectors Thumbs Up! (plus the ability to defuse the explosives they detect).

By default, TAOW soldiers will be normally equipped with more than just their main weapon (secondary weapons / extra gear / etc.), which will be normally dictated by their class (a higher class soldier will have extra and more specialized gear than a lower class soldier).

The idea to be able to freely arm soldiers with misc gear is great (games like Joint Task Force made a lot of use of such logics to able players to arm their infantry with gear which could be found throughout the map or even called in by helicopter supply drop) but I'm afraid that ZH might not allow us to do so as we would possibly like to include, there may be some possibilities to use certain concepts like the GLA pick ups but I'm afraid it would have rather too many limitations which would make the logic rather limited in the end (such a logic usually need to be pre-built in the game engine itself). However don't take this as a fact, as the team is investigating experimental stuff and the situation may change pretty quickly Thumbs Up! (since a lot of interesting stuff in ZH may be suddenly and unexpectedly discovered since it's game engine is still very flexible).

Jarhead wrote:On another note the AC-130U with some reserve fuel tanks and the ability to mid air refuel as an upgrade would put a big ol' smile on my face. Alot to ask I am sure. But if something like that exsisted, holding a ground base (airfield) could become obsolete and you would have truely gained an advantage.

Indeed it would be very interesting, but I'm afraid that ZH maps are usually rather small which could limit such logic's potential but just as I stated above, this is experimental stuff so there's always a chance (specially since we will eventually look deeply into the fuel logics at a later point).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down