The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realistic Range for anti-aircraft vehicle

5 posters

Go down

Realistic Range for anti-aircraft vehicle Empty Realistic Range for anti-aircraft vehicle

Post  F-35 Lightning II Tue May 26, 2009 9:11 am

I have played the CWC they used something that the F-15 or Su-27 cannot be hurt by Shilka or M163 or the anti-air infantry. Is there map layering that they implement? it could be a useful way to make realistic range for anti-air units...
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Realistic Range for anti-aircraft vehicle Empty Re: Realistic Range for anti-aircraft vehicle

Post  James100 Tue May 26, 2009 9:29 am

TAoW Is 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% Realistic Laughing
The Rest Is 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% Is By Coding Issues Laughing

It Will Certainly Be Included Very Happy
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Realistic Range for anti-aircraft vehicle Empty Re: Realistic Range for anti-aircraft vehicle

Post  F-35 Lightning II Tue May 26, 2009 9:54 am

after this mod is finished I'm sure It will rock every gamer's world.... lol! lol! lol!

I really can't wait to play this mod.... I will continue to support this mod until the victory day, the release of the demo and other versions of this mod...
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Tue May 26, 2009 10:53 am

We All Do Bro... Realistic Range for anti-aircraft vehicle 210300
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Tue May 26, 2009 11:06 am

indead Realistic Range for anti-aircraft vehicle 225471 Realistic Range for anti-aircraft vehicle 386875 Realistic Range for anti-aircraft vehicle 386875 Realistic Range for anti-aircraft vehicle 386875
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue May 26, 2009 5:49 pm

F-35 Lightning II wrote:I have played the CWC they used something that the F-15 or Su-27 cannot be hurt by Shilka or M163 or the anti-air infantry. Is there map layering that they implement? it could be a useful way to make realistic range for anti-air units...

The CWC Team must have added a special code to prevent those specific close range AA vehicles from attacking the F-15 / Su-27 (kinda similar to the code that prevents standard infantry from attacking tanks with rifles).
The EF-111 Raven used some further codes in order to jam the enemy ground AA.

In TAOW, however, our AA vehicles will act rather differently:

1. The range (including height and attack angle) of TAOW AA vehicles will be increased depending on the particular vehicle in question (guns and missiles will have longer ranges so to speak);

2. AA guns and cannons will have a random hit ratio (meaning that AA vehicles can literally "fire at will" to "light the sky", causing a sort of a projectile exchange with the enemy aircraft, really interesting when we're talking about an attack helicopter vs close range AA), under certain conditions the hit ratio will obviously increase;

3. Missiles may not hit every time as well (even without countermeasures), the standard SAM accuracy ratio will be dependent on the system in question: an older Strela-2 MANPADS (Man Portable Air-Defense System) will tend to miss more frequently than a more sophisticated Igla missile for instance;

4. Even though the range of guns and missiles will be longer, their units won't be able to attack if they can't see the enemy aircraft, this is where radar vehicles come in, if a radar vehicle is located near an AA vehicle then it's range and accuracy exponentially increases (specially useful to add extra radar range so units can launch missiles at longer ranges, cannons will have an accuracy/range increase as well);

5. Certain radar vehicles will be able of detecting stealth aircraft (these vehicles will be primarily deployed by the European Union and Russia to counter US Stealth Aircraft).

Our Anti Air vehicles will have their classes as well (Class 1, Class 2, etc.), the higher classes will tend to have a larger focus on missiles rather than guns (the higher the class the better and more powerful the missiles will be). Each class will have their particularities though (pros and cons).
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue May 26, 2009 10:51 pm

How many layers might there be in TAOW?
Example

Space (Satellite)
High Altitude (servaillence planes)
Mid Altitude (Gunships/bombers and fighters)
Low Altitude
Ground
Surface (water)
Under Water

or does it look more like this

High Altitude
Low Altitude
etc.

It would be really nice to have some aircraft that cannot be hit by rocket soldiers due to high altitude operations, unless of course if a rocket soldier is on a mountain or the plane is at low altitude (landing or taking off). This would truely force a person to customize their army to a given threat, or simply position soldiers in such a way that "heightens" their effectiveness. For instance, I don't see an AC-130U shooting from 6 miles away getting hit by a shoulder fired missile. I can also see how trying to replicate a weapon like the AC-130 with its long range capabilities could present an overwhelming problem given the restrictive size of the map and also the players field of view. Any ideas as to how the whole 3D "Airspace thing" might work and how some aircraft might interact or not interact with certain ground weapons? Any ideas?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed May 27, 2009 10:47 pm

Jarhead wrote:How many layers might there be in TAOW?
Example

Space (Satellite)
High Altitude (servaillence planes)
Mid Altitude (Gunships/bombers and fighters)
Low Altitude
Ground
Surface (water)
Under Water

or does it look more like this

High Altitude
Low Altitude
etc.

Nope, it'll look more like your first examples.

In general, though, the altitude limits were taken to their maximum so The Art of War's Low Altitude is higher than ZH's Low Altitude and so on.

Jarhead wrote:It would be really nice to have some aircraft that cannot be hit by rocket soldiers due to high altitude operations, unless of course if a rocket soldier is on a mountain or the plane is at low altitude (landing or taking off). This would truely force a person to customize their army to a given threat, or simply position soldiers in such a way that "heightens" their effectiveness. For instance, I don't see an AC-130U shooting from 6 miles away getting hit by a shoulder fired missile.

In terms of altitude, the MANPADS (Man Portable Air Defense Systems)-equipped soldiers will be able to fire at a longer range and higher altitude than usual (close range by TAOW's AA standards), however, the hit probability will diminish based on those same factors (the longer/higher the target the slimmer the hit ratio) meaning they will be most useful against low flying aircraft such as helicopters, rather than jets.

The shoulder launched SAM's (Surface to Air Missiles) will be meant for small area protection rather than offensive roles (they can be effectively used for offensive roles however, if placed on certain tactical areas like mountains, etc).

Jarhead wrote:I can also see how trying to replicate a weapon like the AC-130 with its long range capabilities could present an overwhelming problem given the restrictive size of the map and also the players field of view.

Yeah pale , the AC-130 will need a major overhaul on the coding perspective, I suppose it'll be one of the latest if not the last coded US aircraft (it's gonna take some kick ass coding and trial and error before the Spooky is able to roll by TAOW's perspective).

Jarhead wrote:Any ideas as to how the whole 3D "Airspace thing" might work and how some aircraft might interact or not interact with certain ground weapons? Any ideas?

We will have sort of special "AA Layers" (based on the range, altitude and power of the weapons), basically:

- Class 1: Basic surface to air weapons, usually meant to be used as anti helicopter measures or defense, some examples include SAM-equipped infantry and some AA guns;

- Class 2: Stronger and long ranged AA guns and vehicle launched surface to air missiles;

- Class 3: Long range attack, consisting on powerful and deadly surface to air missiles, when coupled with Radar Vehicles these can wreak havoc on the adversary air support on a large circular-based area. Some may also include defensive AA guns.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu May 28, 2009 12:27 am

Thanks Snake, that helps me visualize it alot better. I was also wondering, why not change the camera angle to a shallower angle so you will see the black at the top edge of the board but who cares, it might give a better perspective as far as the layers of different units go, as well as a more realistic (less Godly perspective). I wish the unit which you have selected could change the perspective you view from. That would be pretty cool.
Anyways thanks Snake.

Oh yeah, will spooky have nose art on it, I've been looking into it alot lately and have plenty of examples of it if it is.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu May 28, 2009 1:36 am

Jarhead wrote:Thanks Snake, that helps me visualize it alot better. I was also wondering, why not change the camera angle to a shallower angle so you will see the black at the top edge of the board but who cares, it might give a better perspective as far as the layers of different units go, as well as a more realistic (less Godly perspective). I wish the unit which you have selected could change the perspective you view from. That would be pretty cool.
Anyways thanks Snake.

Currently our camera is set at the maximum height (plus we have an enhanced zoom which is set at it's max as well), Marc is planning some really cool stuff for the camera (a special viewing mode "Cinematic Camera" as we call it, it's currently under development but it's gonna rock when it's done Rock on! ).

Jarhead wrote:Oh yeah, will spooky have nose art on it, I've been looking into it alot lately and have plenty of examples of it if it is.

Absolutely Thumbs Up! , the nose art will be based on the respective real life Squadrons and aircraft Cool! (to keep in line with the other TAOW planes).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down