The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naval Mode

+4
Tusker2Zero
Marc15yo [Admin]
James100
Snake
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Naval Mode - Page 2 Empty Re: Naval Mode

Post  Vegantor Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:58 am

there is code for fuel system? i never knew.
Vegantor
Vegantor
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:00 am

Laughing In Zero Hour There Isn't , But Were Modifying That My Friend
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Vegantor Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:21 am

you guys are so elite Very Happy
Vegantor
Vegantor
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:30 am

Why Thank You Laughing
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:52 pm

lol! Thanks Vegantor Thumbs Up!
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Wed May 27, 2009 10:23 pm

What about puting identifying features on the sails of subs so when they are not submerged they can be identified. This would also cut down on polygons. The only problem I see is when you get pinged by sonar there would have to be a representation of say a Typhoon, but it would be like Lotus when she gets detected, turns golden and pulsates. Then you might need a representation of the boat in some sort.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed May 27, 2009 11:00 pm

Indeed, that's a very interesting idea Twisted Evil (perhaps this may be the solution in case we include the manual tab controls to allow the player to set the sub to submerge mode scratch ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun May 31, 2009 12:39 am

Wouldn't a sub make a great command vehicle?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun May 31, 2009 12:42 am

Jarhead wrote:Wouldn't a sub make a great command vehicle?

Actually A Sub Would Never Ever Serve As A CV Laughing
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun May 31, 2009 12:49 am

If your coordinating operations out of it why wouldn't it be?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun May 31, 2009 1:49 am

Jarhead wrote:If your coordinating operations out of it why wouldn't it be?
In Special Operation, Possible
But Officially No
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:51 am

All I know is if killing come ones command vehicle wins the game, and their CV just happenes to be a submarine, then I would be scowering every inch of that board instead of trying to win little battles in the mean time. I think that would kind of give a player an option of how they want to go about it. And the fact subs are a stealth vehicle only ads to the game by making such units as anti-sub planes, ships, and subs. Which some units would have to be specialized such as anti-sub aircraft, which besides torpedos would have no other armament. Even if destroying someones CV doesn't win the game, adding subs as CV's adds to the game, in my opinion anyway.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Jarhead wrote:Even if destroying someones CV doesn't win the game, adding subs as CV's adds to the game, in my opinion anyway.

Fear not, even if a Command Vehicle is destroyed the game will continue as usual Thumbs Up! (in fact, certain command vehicles will be actually extremely useful for direct combat roles instead of sitting back).

At the moment, for the Naval Mode, we can consider the Aircraft Carrier to be the Main Command Vehicle (central), but other units like Amphibious Assault Ships and even Destroyers/Cruisers can be considered to be secondary Command Vehicles.

Think of a a Hydra: you cut one head but the others still stand.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:11 pm

If TAOW was "scaled down", meaning if you chose a tech route that allowed for the contol of fewer, but more highly specialized units such as lettorial ships (including Carriers) as well as Submarines, and therefore employ all the various Naval ways of layin the smack down. Then the idea of having one CV from a variety of different classes as your "Main Battle Weapon." Now a submarine may not be able to send out a sortie of F-22's or F-35's, but it also isn't cruisin on the surface for everybody and their mama to see. As well as making a great way to deliver infantry, or in the case of carriers and other lettorial ship the ability to deliver bigger toys. With submarines possibly surface and launch some non-WMD missiles. Deliver infanty ashore to be your eyes and ears in the field (to reveal the shroud or fog of war, or whatever you wanna call it) when the sub is submerged, then when you surface (where you are most volnerable and easily detected) link up with a satellite to see the whole battlefield. Or since TAOW is a reality based mod leave the sub submerged when firing missiles and make an animation on the water to show the boat at shallow depth when preparing to fire missiles. Not only do subs merit the reasonable inclusion of SONAR (stealth detection) on various sea going vessels, but also low flying anti-sub aircraft and even helicopters. Then TAOW truly would have a "Naval Mode", and a bad ass one at that. Subs (if codeable) could make a unique CV that would use Infantry, Missiles, and Torpedoes as its armaments + maybe even a DSRV type unit filled with elite soldiers might provide yet another crafty and rather interesting way to go about dealing with an enemy submarine. Being that it is small and slow maybe it would only be granted the ability to sack a lingering or stagnant sub. [Wondering if the loss of a unit could be coded to resullt in the loss of the RADAR?] Depending on the scale at which you "buy" or use "generals points" You might be able to contol a Carrier that can deliver amphibeous vehicles as well as ground forces with the help of an LCAC or other delivery system. Or opt for an AC-130U with relatively high mobility and quite a bit of firepower plus a small paradrop ability. You get the idea. Idea
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:39 am

Our plans for the Naval Mode also include a separate, and unique General Unlocking System (a sort of a naval variant of the main unit unlocking system) which will also includes it's own Class system.

This system will able players to "unlock" certain specialized ship classes.
Submarines, if included, will most likely have their own separate class with boomers as the high tier unlock options.

In addition, we will have to limit the number of larger ships (like Carriers, Destroyers / Cruisers) due to map size or power restrictions (boomers, being such specialized units would be also limited in number).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:48 am

Could we scrape a mini game together? All I really want to do is deliver some troops with a submarine as my CV. Maybe plant some explosives/ use the environment to my advantage would be a bonus. I've played zerohour so much i wont even touch it now. How is the infantry coming along anyways? I cant help but think how much it sucks when you ve got like one guy left in zerohour... its pointless to continue. It would be nice if soldiers were a bigger part of the game. Like pawns in chess, a well managed pawn can be worth a Queen. So should be a soldier on the battlefield. There are no options in EA's game. Where the game is most lacking is in the interaction between soldiers and the environment. Or for that matter, even the effect of the environment on the soldiers. If you have a soldier he should be able to do things. (Dig a hole, set an oil rig on fire, stealing vehicles, and actually being able to exit them if need be) I like how TAOW has decided to make the infantry tiny, as I can see how it will help when it comes to scale and making larger weapons, like aircraft carriers. Anyways let me know whats up. GO TAOW!! Rock on!
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:15 pm

any big beautiful submarines yet? Sleep
I got some music for the naval mode Twisted Evil
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant