The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Standard US Weapon Poll

+16
Specter
Zell_Dincht
Wildstar
rodrodenas
Jarhead
Squadleader
Capt.Drake
Marc15yo [Admin]
ferekh
Tusker2Zero
Chadaface
AgustaBE
General Psycho
James100
Pyrospastiac
Snake
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Which weapon should be the next US Military standard assault rifle/light firearm in the mod???

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap43%New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 15 ]
New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap31%New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 11 ]
New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap3%New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap6%New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap17%New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 35

Poll closed

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 Empty Re: New Standard US Weapon Poll

Post  Snake Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:46 pm

James100 wrote:
F-16FightingFalcon wrote:good choice, the xm8, but i guess the HK416 is slightly better (correct me if im rong Twisted Evil )

greetz cheers
Actually Each One Is Gd In A Way

Exactly, both the HK416 and XM8 are excellent weapons in their own ways, it's basically a matter of preference New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 36863

Zell_Dincht wrote:Voted for HK416 Thumbs Up! , but i also like XM8 Smile

Just like I did, I also voted on the HK416 though I love the XM8 as well sunny
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 Empty Heckler

Post  Specter Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:25 pm

The Heckler is cool looking.

The people will like it if it goes like this. -----> New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 36863 New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 225471 New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 934634
Lmao.
xD
Specter
Specter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 Empty New Standard US Weapon Poll

Post  vrisco Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:08 am

hello fellas, i'm newbie here.. i think it would be HK416 as M416 like in Battlefield bad company.. but, in carbine version, not commando version, and uses M320 grenade launcher for sure.. ehm, i suggest y'all to use FN SCAR-L for U.S Special Forces, if y'all planned to put that kind of units, G36K for united europe Special Forces..
vrisco
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Cheers Specter and vrisco, welcome to the TAOW forums sunny Thumbs Up!

Specter wrote:The Heckler is cool looking.

The people will like it if it goes like this. -----> New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 36863 New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 225471 New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 934634
Lmao.
xD

lol! Too true, it'll certainly will New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 36863 New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 36863 New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 36863

vrisco wrote:hello fellas, i'm newbie here.. i think it would be HK416 as M416 like in Battlefield bad company.. but, in carbine version, not commando version, and uses M320 grenade launcher for sure.. ehm, i suggest y'all to use FN SCAR-L for U.S Special Forces, if y'all planned to put that kind of units, G36K for united europe Special Forces..

Howdy Cool

Definitely, if adopted, weapons such as the HK416 and XM8 will have a small "cosmetic" name change (to make it look more "US Military", just like the AR-15 was changed to M16 back in the day):

HK416 (if adopted) will change to M416

XM8 will change to M8

This is due to the fact that officially adopted US Military weapons are usually designated with the "M" (like the M16 or M4 case among many others).

vrisco wrote:and uses M320 grenade launcher for sure..

Yup Cool! , the M320 Grenade Launcher will be the standard issue grenade launcher for the US Infantry in the mod (no more M203 or M203A1, sorry). This means that if any of the "competitor" weapons is selected, it's underslung grenade launcher will be the M320 in every case.

Check the M320 on this M4:

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 XM320-M4

vrisco wrote:ehm, i suggest y'all to use FN SCAR-L for U.S Special Forces, if y'all planned to put that kind of units, G36K for united europe Special Forces..

The Mk.16 SCAR-L (Special Forces Combat Assault Rifle - Light) will be the standard assault rifle for US Special Forces:

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 Mk16

The G36K and G36C will be the standard EU Spec Ops weapons:

G36K:

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 G36K

G36C:

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 G36C-1

Instead of being unique units (like heroes are in ZH), spec ops will be a large and major ultimate infantry class (with many sub classes and roles, armed for many possible duties), so expect many "exotic" (special, non standardized) weaponry in their hands New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 329208 ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Welcome Specter & Vrisco. To the newest members members of our motley crew. Cheers! New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 603497

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 Hopartypartysmilieshl1gl4New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 Regamebilliards2zs0
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 Empty New Standard US Weapon Poll

Post  vrisco Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:02 am

thanks dude.. haha ehm, that's great idea, having small units of spec ops, spec ops sniper taking out infantries with SR-25, and some operators closing in with SCAR-L and some operators taking out enemy IFV with Milan or something.. haha..

ehm, i've some idea, for united europe.. how about using H&K MG4 for support gunner, instead of M249s or Minimis?
vrisco
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:20 am

vrisco wrote:thanks dude.. haha ehm, that's great idea, having small units of spec ops, spec ops sniper taking out infantries with SR-25, and some operators closing in with SCAR-L and some operators taking out enemy IFV with Milan or something.. haha..

Definitely Thumbs Up! , plus Special Operators will have customized weapons (equipped with visible attachments such as laser sights, tactical flashlights, sights / scopes, etc. New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 36863 ).

vrisco wrote:ehm, i've some idea, for united europe.. how about using H&K MG4 for support gunner, instead of M249s or Minimis?

Absolutely sunny , the HK MG4 is the current General Purpose Light Machine Gun for use in the European Union faction, basically it'll be the European counterpart of the M249 which will be used by the US Military.

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 MG4

I'm not sure if you checked it, but you can get extra info in this special Member's Topic (there are some images of our M249 and Mk.48 machine gun prototypes as well):

https://taow.forumotion.com/member-s-access-f5/the-official-infantry-topic-of-the-art-of-war-t121.htm
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:03 am

i've checked it out, well.. it looks similar with MG4.. hehe.. but, it's okay, just put different name on it, and different firing sounds might be..

well.. i haven't figured out about russian federation's special forces, maybe anyone could give me some clue? i think it would be outdated, if those spetsnaz still use AKS-74U
vrisco
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:22 pm

vrisco wrote:i've checked it out, well.. it looks similar with MG4.. hehe.. but, it's okay, just put different name on it, and different firing sounds might be..

Yup, it's a great thing that both are similar, some small mods in the current M249 model and voila, we've got ourselves an MG4 New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 329208 .

vrisco wrote:well.. i haven't figured out about russian federation's special forces, maybe anyone could give me some clue? i think it would be outdated, if those spetsnaz still use AKS-74U

The Russian Special Forces are indeed going to be the Spetsnaz GRU (for the Russian Ground Forces), and Naval Spetsnaz in the Naval Mode (there will be further subdivisions).

Their Special Forces "Standard Assault Rifle" is the specialized AN-94 "Abakan" assault rifle:

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 Russian_AN-94_FSB

At first the AN-94 was to be the new AK replacement, however due to certain logistical questions it was never sent into full production (it's a much more expensive and complicated weapon than the simple and cheap AK's which are still favorites).

At this point this rifle is used by the most "professional" Russian soldiers (Special Forces, Internal Ministry Forces, etc.) while the Russian Army will most likely use the AK-74 for a long time.

Speaking of the Russian Assault Rifles, the AK-74M will be the standard Russian Service Rifle (you can view it in the forum banner as well), think of this weapon as a modernized version of the AK-74.

AK-74M with an attached GP-30 under barrel grenade launcher:

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 Ak74m-gp30

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 Ak74m_91

Other AK's will also appear, the AK-47, for example, will be the standard Militia / Insurgent / Rebel assault rifle.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:55 am

whoaa.. cool, i thought that the AN-94 would be only experimental and wouldn't be used even for spetsnaz.. and, would y'all put OMON squad for Russian Spec Ops, beside Spetsnaz? just like, green berets and Delta Forces
vrisco
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm afraid not, OMON is a Special Police Team, the SOBR (Special Rapid Reaction Unit) is also similar in which it is dedicated against criminal organizations, these two units are kinda like the Russian equivalents of the American SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics), the special operations teams we will include will be Military (we won't directly include controllable paramilitary or police teams on the battlefield).

There is also the possibility they might appear in the campaign mode (cameo/brief appearances, like the CIA Paramilitaries - Special Activities Division [SAD] probably will).

Certain exceptions will be probably made, special for the 'Alpha' and 'Vympel' Special Purpose Teams.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:03 pm

After what i've been reading so far i wouldn't be surprised if there were silenced weapons
I really do like the M4 and M16 (and the HK416 because it looks similar to the current US issued weapon)
But like it was said before the XM8 has different variants to fit the job & it looks good too, no wonder i ended up voting for it.

I just love using the XM8 marksman variant on Ghost Recon AW.
It just fits my style of play New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 109560

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 36863 New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 225471

Edit: I sorta like the Barrett REC7 as well

Last edited by Pathfinder on Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:22 pm

Me too New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 36863
I love to use both the HK416 and XM8's in Ghost Recon (the attachments are pretty sweet as well) New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 329208

I suppose the XM8 will be the chosen one, but the HK416 isn't out of the run yet, time will tell but the results are getting quite interesting New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 36863
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:14 pm

No Hope For The Bushmaster As He Is Down To 0.
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:32 pm

Yeah, I'd say: "Sayonara ACR".
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:35 pm

James100 wrote:No Hope For The Bushmaster As He Is Down To 0.

So sad... lol but hey at least the HK-416 has a fighting chance New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 2626

XM8 ---> New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 745509 <--- ACR ---> New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 852691 lol!
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:45 pm

lol! The Bushmaster ACR as well as the REC7 and XCR were smoked in the first run New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 61678 , the M16/M4 valiantly managed to hold out longer but it looks like they're done as well New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 745509

The XM8 and HK416 are in for an interesting confrontation New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 109560 New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 609542
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:05 pm

In one of the other threads i found this
Snake wrote:

James100 wrote:The M113 For The Naval Mode (Still Used By The USMC) :
New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 M113

The good'ol "box" might get included, also, this APC would make a fine addition for the possible non-playable United Nations faction (since this vehicle is so widespread worldwide).

If the M113 is going to be included somehow then maybe the M16/M4 might just have a fighting chance. New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 2626
But only time will tell.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:27 am

i think the good pal, that still exist in this worlds are the M2HB/ M2 Browning .50 Cal machine guns.. U.S had changed their standard rifles for several times (M1 Garand, M14, M16A1, M16A2, M4A1) but, for heavy machine guns, there is only M2.. haha
vrisco
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:26 am

Pathfinder wrote:In one of the other threads i found this
Snake wrote:

James100 wrote:The M113 For The Naval Mode (Still Used By The USMC) :
New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 M113

The good'ol "box" might get included, also, this APC would make a fine addition for the possible non-playable United Nations faction (since this vehicle is so widespread worldwide).

If the M113 is going to be included somehow then maybe the M16/M4 might just have a fighting chance. New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 2626
But only time will tell.

lol! Too true.
If the good'ol M113 is gonna be included, then it'll be on the Naval Mode (as an unit for the USMC), kinda like an old school and less specialized sidekick for the AAV and EFV though it wasn't confirmed at this point.

vrisco wrote:i think the good pal, that still exist in this worlds are the M2HB/ M2 Browning .50 Cal machine guns.. U.S had changed their standard rifles for several times (M1 Garand, M14, M16A1, M16A2, M4A1) but, for heavy machine guns, there is only M2.. haha

Ma Deuce (M2) is a jewel of a weapon, this babe was initially produced in the 20's (1920's) and saw and still sees a loooot of action these days.
One thing's for certain, the M2 will still watch a lot of action, even 100 years after it was introduced in service, now THAT's something Shocked (define "successful weapon").

Another perfect example is the M1911 pistol, almost 100 years later, and it's direct descendants are still being used by the military.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:31 pm

yeah cool, i like those M1911's it's stopping power from it's .45ACP is quite powerful.. haha
vrisco
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:47 am

Me too, many US soldiers complained that the stopping power of the 9mm M9 Pistol (the M1911A1 replacement) wasn't as good as the one their old sidearm had and wanted them back. The M9 does have the advantage of ammo capacity though (15 rounds per standard clip vs the 7 rounds of the M1911).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:47 pm

maybe, for those who had to fight all time like regular army, or marine will be better to use M9, because of that mag capacity, but, for special operatives, who doesn't need to carry extra ammo, M1911 still the most compatible choice of sidearm
vrisco
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Yeah, the M9 is more of a general purpose pistol while the M1911 is more "specialized" (specially since the extra stopping power wouldn't be generally needed for most units, plus the reduced ammo capacity can be a complicated factor for less experienced troops who may miss more often, the M9 and M1911 are both great sidearms in their own ways) New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 4 2626 .
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:28 am

that's damn right snake! haha, I think USSOCOM deployed OHWS - Offensive Handgun Weapon System was for replacing those old bastards M1911's, but especially for USMC Force Recon, they prefer M1911's than those Mk. 23's
vrisco
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next