The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Games / Mods

+2
Tusker2Zero
Snake
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Favorite Games / Mods Empty Favorite Games / Mods

Post  Snake Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:18 pm

On this topic, people can discuss their favorite games / mods and pretty much anything else related to gaming so be our guest if you want to start a brand new gaming-related topic Thumbs Up!

Since this is an off-topic section, people can post pretty much anything related to other gaming aspects other than the main hosted mods.
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Favorite Games / Mods Empty Re: Favorite Games / Mods

Post  Snake Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:31 pm

On my case, the favorite gaming titles are usually all about action.

Favorite gaming genres:
- All action games in general (specially the ones which are relationed with war);
- FPS's (First Person Shooters, tons of games);
- Strategy Games (specially RTS - Real Time Strategy);
- Stealth games (specially Metal Gear or Splinter Cell among others);
- A few RPG's (specially Final Fantasy);
- A few racing titles (specially Gran Turismo).

About Mods, I don't have an all time favorite (there are lots of great ones), but I specially play mods relationed with FPS and RTS gamin (Counter Strike, Battlefields and obviously, C&C's).

All time favorite games/series:
Metal Gear Series (definitely 8) ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:48 am

For the PC:
-------------

Zero Hour with my favorite mods:
* Shockwave
* Project Raptor
* The Art of War (I hope, when she comes out. Sounds great)

C&C3 - Tib War
* I haven't played any mods yet. I could use a recommendation.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
* GTA N00bmode V2.0 mod

Age of Empires II
Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other titles here. I'm currently running a laptop. I hope to get a desktop with a real good video card so I can play the more graphically advanced game sometime toward the end of the year.

I would like to get my hands on Grand Theft Auto IV, but I'm worried that my dual core laptop won't run it. I can't seem to find a demo for it, just to test it out.

PS2 Games:
-------------
Grand Theft Auto III (which my brother's ex-wife's brother has and never returned it unhappy smileys)
Madden '09 (although I'm pissed at not having the ability to create custom playbooks in franchise mode)
Final Fantasy X
State of Emergency
Ace Combat 4 (again lent out and gone. Never returned.)
Ace Combat 5
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:50 am

LOL Brother's Ex-Wife Brother's Razz scratch
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:55 am

*Zero Hour Mods:
_Cold War Crisis
_Blitzkrieg I / Blitzkrieg II
_The Art Of War (When the time comes)

*World in Conflict (Thanks To Snake Razz )

*Real War

*Call of Duty 1-2-3-4-5

*Operation Blockade

*NBA 2006 Razz
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:13 am

Oh And Also Ace Combat Zero The Belkan War
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:11 pm

Grand Theft Auto III (which my brother's ex-wife's brother has and never returned it)
Ace Combat 4 (again lent out and gone. Never returned.)

Oh my goodness! affraid , you're gonna have to place a tracking beacon on the game box next time you borrow someone a game lol!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:25 pm

At least he never found my highly guarded DVD collection. scuba diving locations lol!
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:58 pm

lol! lol! lol! That's a relief! (if he had done so, THAT would be THE calamity affraid affraid affraid ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:28 am

What are the best Zerohour mods out there? (I can't wait any longer for TAOW, if I play one more game of EA's boring @$$ Zerohour I am going to punch a kitten! My next resort, Old Maid for fingers.)
Help me out here guys!
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:58 am

Project Raptor - version 7.0:
http://projectraptor.cncguild.net/

Many, many, great units to play with. Sadly no longer in development. (I am biased of course since I worked for Project Raptor. lol)

Shockwave - version 0.96:
http://shockwavemod.cncreneclips.com/

Some really cool features and still in production. Last I heard they will have a navies in a future release of the mod.

Both are fun to play with and both are worth trying.
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:55 pm

I hope the Project Raptor guys won't give up pale (PR is one of the most promising ZH Mods).

Another mod you may want to try is Mideast Crisis (their team was awesome, they gave us access their models, the Mideast Crisis project was unfortunately halted Sad ), here's their Moddb page:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mideast-crisis

I completely recommend Cold War Crisis (this is probably the only ZH Realism-based mod which managed to be completed so far):

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cold-war-crisis

If you like WW2 mods, I completely recommend you try Blitzkrieg II: The Finest Hour, unfortunately I haven't heard from their team in quite a while (the project may be dead Sad ).

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-finest-hour
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:10 pm

Snake wrote:I hope the Project Raptor guys won't give up pale (PR is one of the most promising ZH Mods).

Another mod you may want to try is Mideast Crisis (their team was awesome, they gave us access their models, the Mideast Crisis project was unfortunately halted Sad ), here's their Moddb page:

Project Raptor has been in 'permanent hiatus' now for about 18 months. Favorite Games / Mods Smiley-gen003

I didn't know Mideast Crisis stopped production. Favorite Games / Mods Smiley-gen110

Did they give a reason? It's a shame. I played that mod only just a couple of times but it seemed like a good mod with a lot of support for it, teamwise.
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:32 pm

Tusker2Zero wrote:Project Raptor has been in 'permanent hiatus' now for about 18 months. Favorite Games / Mods Smiley-gen003

Damn pale pale pale , we all know what that usually means Sad

Tusker2Zero wrote:I didn't know Mideast Crisis stopped production. Favorite Games / Mods Smiley-gen110

Did they give a reason? It's a shame. I played that mod only just a couple of times but it seemed like a good mod with a lot of support for it, teamwise.

Yeah, the Mideast Crisis (1) for Zero Hour can be considered to be complete at this point, they are focusing on a BIG project, the Mideast Crisis 2 for Tiberium Wars, check their moddb profile:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mideast-crisis-2

Official MeC2 Page:
http://www.isotx.com/mec2/
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:21 pm

That's good to hear that they're doing a mod for C&C3 TW. It's a good game and all, but I still prefer Zero Hour.
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:12 pm

I never played C&C3 (ZH still haves a lot of "juice" Laughing ), I may try Red Alert 3 next though (I always loved the good'ol Red Alert series)..
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:39 am

Red Alert was fun but tesla coils? It dosen't kill me to play it but tesla coils? I hate how unrealistic the game is.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:16 am

Well Y'Know What They Say: "There's A Flavor For Every Taste"
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:54 pm

Jarhead wrote:Red Alert was fun but tesla coils? It dosen't kill me to play it but tesla coils? I hate how unrealistic the game is.

Laughing Yeah, I think that RA3 haves even more "exotic" stuff (assault bears, etc.)

James100 wrote:Well Y'Know What They Say: "There's A Flavor For Every Taste"

Too true Cool
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:15 pm

I was playing call of duty... 4 I think and I was thinking. Wouldn't it be nice to take a game like zerohour and integrate it into a first person shooter so you could hop into the first person POV and tear it up for a while, then maybe jump into a tank and command it, each person developing their own armies and abilities. Teaming up to invade other armies homelands. Using 2 monitors running the same program from different perspectives for each player. Or even just using one for game controls. Just an idea.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:33 pm

You're right it would be neat to see a Zero Hour based FPS. EA was going to a C&C3 based FPS called Tiberium until it was canceled:

Electronic Arts (EA) has decided to cancel its upcoming game, Tiberium. The first person shooter game set in Command & Conquer universe was under development at EA’s Los Angeles Studio. However, due to the game not “meeting standards” of EA, the development of the game was shut down.

EA’s spokesperson Mariam Sughayer said, “EA has suspended work on Tiberium effective immediately.” On other hand Kotaku has got the memo from Mike Verdu, EA LA which says, “The game had fundamental design challenges from the start. We fought to correct the issues, but we were not successful; the game just isn’t coming together well enough to meet our own quality expectations as well as those of our consumers.”

The game was supposed to hit various platforms including PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

In July the developer postponed the release of the game to 2009. However, now it seems EA has totally suspended the production of the game.

Source - TechShout.com:
http://www.techshout.com/gaming/2008/01/ea-cancels-first-person-shooter-tiberium/

Synopsis

In 2058, eleven years after the Third Tiberium War, a wasteland covers what was once the Mediterranean Sea. The player takes the role of Ricardo Vega (main character of the novel), a GDI Forward Battle commander recently pulled out of retirement, who is exploring the single complete Scrin Threshold Tower, called "Tower Omega" by the GDI and "Threshold 19" by the Scrin, in this area. The tower is believed to be a relic from the Third Tiberium War but turns out to be the base of another Scrin invasion.

Squad

The most important feature of the game would have been that the player controlled squads of units, as opposed to a single member. The producer claimed that controlling the squads would be very easy, and that the squad members would automatically find cover, such as behind a walker's legs. Squads were intended to be deployed at the beginning of each level, with reinforcements being sent as members were killed. The known squads and units prior to cancellation were the rifleman squad, the missile team, the Titan Battle Walker and the Orca VTOL Assault Craft. The number of squads able to be controlled in the console version of the game was four, via the directional buttons on the controller.

Cancellation

On September 30, 2008, Kotaku reported that the game was canceled for not meeting standards. Kotaku reported Mariam Sughayer, EA spokesperson, saying "EA has suspended work on Tiberium effective immediately. The game was not on track to meet the high quality standards set by the team and by the EA Games Label. A lower quality game is not in the best interest of the consumers and would not succeed in this market."

Source - Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberium_(video_game)

Trailer: