The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Games / Mods

+2
Tusker2Zero
Snake
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Games / Mods

Post  Tusker2Zero Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:58 am

James100 wrote:Btw Tusk,
All My Congrats On Making Up To Moderators
Thanks! I'm very happy to be a moderator here. Thumbs Up!

James100 wrote:Guess We're Half-Bros lol!
Wassup bro? afro

James100 wrote:I'm A Moderator You're A Moderator lol!
I'm a moderator, you're a moderator, we're just all just a bunch of happy moderators ...

Sorry, It seems like I've been on my special meds this morning... Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 Smoking-dope-019 lol! jocolor
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Jarhead wrote:I just played the new call of duty, I love that game. I wish we could mod that baby. I like how you can take cover in the rainbow six games, you can't do that call of duty but you are also fighting outdoors so... the game is addictive.

I never played the new COD, though I hope to play it soon enough Twisted Evil Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 528641

The next COD will be on modern day battlefield yet again (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 aka Call of Duty 6).

James100 wrote:My Fav First Person Shooter Game Is:
SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals Combined Assault:
Coz:
1- It's Ultra Realistic (Everything)
2- It Has Awesome Gameplay
3- It Resembles A Part Of My Life Cool!
4- It's Cool (Sorry, Ran Out Of Ideas Laughing

I love SOCOM's, in fact I've been hooked on'em since SOCOM 1.
I never played Combined Assault though I have SOCOM 3 (CA is SOCOM 3's expantion).

I also have some SOCOM's for Playstation Portable (PSP), kinda strange at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll love'em Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 72189

Tusker2Zero wrote:Sorry, It seems like I've been on my special meds this morning... Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 Smoking-dope-019 lol! jocolor

lol! Razz Razz Razz Grooovy! Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 329208
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:34 am

I was stumbling around looking at different mods just to see what's new and i came across a half life mod called "Empires"that combinds RTS & FPS, now it's a little futuristic which isn't my bag, andthe graphics aren't all that and a bag of chips (atleast from what I've seen on you tube, but games are usually grainier on utube anyways) but the concept of the game was pretty cool I thought.
You have one person that is a commander that has the kind of zerohour POV with a good view of the battle field where they can issue orders to other players, well here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjL0arvxyyg&feature=related
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Fantastic concept if you ask me sunny .
Battlefield 2 also has a Commander's View (the player can zoom in, kinda like a Satellite perspective of the battlefield) but we can't do the same things that are possible in that mod.

When I heard of C&C Renegade at first (the fps C&C) I thought we had a similar concept like the one on that mod.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:28 am

Recently I found a way to play Battlefield 2 offline (single player mode) and have a sort of an offline ranking system.

Battlefield 2 is mainly dedicated for multiplayer, I used to play it's online mode a lot back in the day, but the net connection wasn't too fast and caused a lot of lag (and some high pings as well, not good for a smooth gamin' Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 560337 ), so my main gaming mode is single player.

Fortunately there's an excellent Single Player community around BF2 which has modded it and adapted it to give a much better single player experience than the original BF2, my favorite BF2 mod is Allied Intent Xtended, a superb mod in every sense (top notch), which was initially created for the ultimate single player experience (and multiplayer as well).

Here's their mod site:
http://www.aixtended.com/

I have played countless BF2 mods, many of them are excellent and personal favorites, but AIX is my favorite, it's unrivaled when it comes down to content, quality and gaming experience, this is one of those "must have" mods by all means Cool! .

If you guys have BF2, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this masterpiece sunny
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:34 pm

Jarhead wrote:What are the best Zerohour mods out there? (I can't wait any longer for TAOW, if I play one more game of EA's boring @$$ Zerohour I am going to punch a kitten! My next resort, Old Maid for fingers.)
Help me out here guys!
IF youre still looking for a good mod to play you can try out VGO its a pretty good realism mod but it only has one side released so far (VC & ARVN are still in development while NVA is in some of its last WIP stages)
(its the only known ZH mod so far to be based during its time).
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:08 am

I will have to check it out.
Lately I've been playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
Absolutely love this game
Shooting out of a "Spooky" at 6 mi high with a FLIR type vision
There's a Sniper level that has just about everything I ever wanted from a FPS in just that level.
It could use some underwater demo type SEAL stuff, or an artic type board would be nice. Or even if they included the paratrooper element of medal of honor.
Overall this game is just kick @$$!
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Jarhead wrote:I will have to check it out.
Lately I've been playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
Absolutely love this game
Shooting out of a "Spooky" at 6 mi high with a FLIR type vision
There's a Sniper level that has just about everything I ever wanted from a FPS in just that level.
It could use some underwater demo type SEAL stuff, or an artic type board would be nice. Or even if they included the paratrooper element of medal of honor.
Overall this game is just kick @$$!

COD 4 is a great game i just love the multiplayer
but i believe it can have so much more potential
the sniper levels were great, some of my most favorite parts
i also love when you got to use that 50 cal sniper rifle
Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 109560
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:06 pm

I love COD4 (both single player and multiplayer), the single player mode is sweet but in the end we want more (more action and levels), the multiplayer is awesome, I was surprised to see how well the game runs (I was surprised with the low lag on most servers).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:42 pm

Love this mission. This is the tail end of the mission, the begining is pretty good to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft69Rl3zYTI

I wish we could incorperate some of the ideas they use in CoD MW, such as carrying injured comrades as well as a lot of other things.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:37 am

Nice mission.

I think one cool idea for TOAW to have based on what I saw here would be a SAR Chinook that has four to six preloaded infantry that would pop out after the Chinook landed and lay down coverfire at the LZ. They would provide coverfire until the downed pilot or other rescuees were picked up, and then the preloaded infantry would automatically reboard the Chinook and take off.

If the mob logic infantry squad thing can be worked out, it would be nice to have replacement soldiers spawn every few minutes so that the player doesn't have to worry about reloading the SAR Chinook after soldiers are killed off from the rescue mission.

Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 Arhelicopterze9

... and needless to say, the other great idea here in the video for the mod would be claymores. Lots and lots of beautiful claymores! Twisted Evil
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:52 am

Amen Tusker, Amen.
I like both of those ideas very much. This game is full of great ideas, some of which are probably impossiable to code, but many the game would benefit greatly in my opinion.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Tusker2Zero wrote:Nice mission.
I think one cool idea for TOAW to have based on what I saw here would be a SAR Chinook that has four to six preloaded infantry that would pop out after the Chinook landed and lay down coverfire at the LZ. They would provide coverfire until the downed pilot or other rescuees were picked up, and then the preloaded infantry would automatically reboard the Chinook and take off.
That would be so awesome if it was possible.
Just imagine the response time and time saved.
As soon as my pilot goes down i can get some help over there so quickly.
Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 852691
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:12 pm

That is a great idea. Thats one thing I hate wasting time on, trying to load troops. Good idea Tusker.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:23 am

Tusker2Zero wrote:Nice mission.

If the mob logic infantry squad thing can be worked out, it would be nice to have replacement soldiers spawn every few minutes so that the player doesn't have to worry about reloading the SAR Chinook after soldiers are killed off from the rescue mission.

Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 Arhelicopterze9

... and needless to say, the other great idea here in the video for the mod would be claymores. Lots and lots of beautiful claymores! Twisted Evil

That's a fantastic idea, when you mention SAR there are three particular helicopters which come into my mind:
- MH-47D SOA;
- MH-60L DAP;
- HH-60L.

I just hope the squad logic works out, but fear not because it's still on top of the table Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 329208

About the Claymores, I think it's safe to assume that certain Special Operators will have'em.

Btw, the Blackhawks will have their own pages soon once brand new renders of each separate variant are prepared (that way each variant haves it's own place on the sunlight sunny Favorite Games / Mods - Page 2 329208, plus it's more organized that way).

Jarhead wrote:Amen Tusker, Amen.
I like both of those ideas very much. This game is full of great ideas, some of which are probably impossiable to code, but many the game would benefit greatly in my opinion.

Absolutely, coding is when the real probs begin (it can be either easy and simple, or a truly complicated and complex thing pale).

The coding phase is when the $hit hits the fan sometimes, not pretty No
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:25 am

Snake wrote:That's a fantastic idea, when you mention SAR there are three particular helicopters which come into my mind:
- MH-47D SOA;
- MH-60L DAP;
- HH-60L.
By the way, for the mod will the HH-60 be armed?