The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas

+2
Tusker2Zero
Jarhead
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas

Post  Snake Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:09 am

Jarhead wrote:First off I would just like to start off by saying, Chuck Norris could probably kill all of us with a roundhouse kick to the face.

lol! Too true, we mustn't ever underestimate that extremely deadly technique:

Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 2 Roundhousekick2

Jarhead wrote:Second, earlier I made a post about Beret’s and metal detectors. The Beret’s current role in Afghanistan warrants the use of metal detectors… there are an estimated 2 landmines planted in the ground for every single person in the country (go figure), yet their objective is weapons caches, find weapons so they can’t be used against you later. Which who wouldn’t like to find a bunch of money or weapons? Coupled with the fact that you guys are working on “terrain effects” hidden caches would be an added bonus. But then of course C. like you guys were saying an easter egg hunt… (Metal detetors would use stealth detection like on the troop crawler, but a much smaller radius.)

As a matter of fact that gave me an idea Idea sunny Idea

There is an excellent mod for Battlefield 2 called Project Reality which haves a special game mode which is uniquely different from all the standard ones, it's called the Weapon Cache Hunt (not sure about the name).

Coalition players have to look for hidden caches of Insurgent weapons and ammo on a vast city (the caches are always randomized to be spawned on diverse locations per game) while Insurgent players have to protect them.

Coalition troops are armed to the teeth with offensive gear and weaponry while Insurgents are armed with basic weapons (usually a single AK).

I think it would be definitely interesting to create a similar mode for TAOW scratch scratch scratch
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas

Post  Jarhead Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:21 am

I dig it. I am doing my best to think of any little thing that will diversify the average soldier from soldiers from different branches.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:25 am

I like that game mode idea, Snake.

How about another game mode. The Chuck Norris kills all mode. Battleship armor and power all in one little model of an Uber infantry man. lol!
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:40 am

Laughing That would be quite interesting lol! (Chuck Norris Mod), single controllable unit:

- Chuck Norris lol! (no need for air force, navy and let alone any land component Razz ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:44 am

Super Weapon: Roundhouse Kick
Reload Time: 00:00:00:00:00 (According To Chuck Razz)
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:58 am

oh snake u are right:D:D:D wit the tnt its very old:D:D:D

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:06 am

The European Union and Russia will have different explosives (different C4 "counterparts").
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:46 am

when come new pics??

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Have you guys put any thought into zodiacs and stuff like that? (inflatable delivery boat) Would make a good unit for many sides. SEALs and Terrorists.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:57 am

Squadleader wrote:when come new pics??

Soon, very soon, in fact I'd say the update is almost coming out sunny

Jarhead wrote:Have you guys put any thought into zodiacs and stuff like that? (inflatable delivery boat) Would make a good unit for many sides. SEALs and Terrorists.

Yeah, we aren't sure if Zodiacs will be in at the moment, but we want to have much smaller transport boats.

In fact, we want Naval Special Forces to have their own "special" transports.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:34 am

Just curious, is there any units or ideas that could not be made to work in TAOW that you would still like to see? (functions, abilities, etc.)
Anyone feel free to anwser.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:43 am

I'm not sure, when we presented a brand new idea to the rest of the team, we did sort of a "brainstorming" and studied many possibilities in order to better find and achieve our expectancy (specially something which involved some heavy coding).

When there was usually no way to achieve a certain idea, we would usually discard it (most of those discarded ideas weren't realistic either so we weren't too focused about'em).

A very important thing is to recognize something which is possible coding wise, and something which is not, another most important ability is to fully recognize our current resources, in this case, the ability of using Zero Hour's logics in order to achieve something BIG (a perfect example is the Randomizer).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:51 am

who about a zombie mod in that???

u know u can make a zomie mode an then there will be 1000000 zombies and u just can create soldiers and have to rescue 4 people:D:D:D u have to go with the people to the other side of the map:D:D cooll or??

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:57 am

Sounds interesting, a "Resident Evil" style mod would be interesting scratch
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:32 pm

very very intressting but very funny too then ucan play LAN with friend and then u have e to rescue professors:D:D:D cool or:D:D:D:D

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:35 pm

That would be an interesting idea, unfortunately we don't have enough manpower to spare to other projects Sad (TAOW's team is extremely small).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:37 pm

damn:D:D:D i really reallyy want to help but i dont know anything about modding Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:12 am

Jarhead wrote:Just curious, is there any units or ideas that could not be made to work in TAOW that you would still like to see? (functions, abilities, etc.)
One unit that I would like to see, but I've been told that it's impossible to code (by 2 other mods) is a bridge laying unit:
http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/ecars/Mil/Tanks/PiCs37/T55brdg01.jpg
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:54 am

damn that would be cooooll(zombies)

if someone can create those mod he is the bestttttttttt

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:01 am

Tusker2Zero wrote:
Jarhead wrote:Just curious, is there any units or ideas that could not be made to work in TAOW that you would still like to see? (functions, abilities, etc.)
One unit that I would like to see, but I've been told that it's impossible to code (by 2 other mods) is a bridge laying unit:
http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/ecars/Mil/Tanks/PiCs37/T55brdg01.jpg

We also mentioned that unit when we decided to include the M88A2 Hercules Recovery Vehicle, but we decided not to (a high probability it isn't codeable plus we wouldn't need it that badly), though I'd say it would be interesting to have one of such tanks just as a cameo on the campaign sunny (just "for looks" Razz ).

Squadleader wrote:damn that would be cooooll(zombies)

if someone can create those mod he is the bestttttttttt

Actually a friend of ours and a member of this mod was doing a mod project for Zero Hour which involved zombies and stuff, but he had to unfortunately cancel it because he is now joining the US Army and couldn't work on the mod development.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:26 am

Snake wrote:We also mentioned that unit when we decided to include the M88A2 Hercules Recovery Vehicle, but we decided not to (a high probability it isn't codeable plus we wouldn't need it that badly), though I'd say it would be interesting to have one of such tanks just as a cameo on the campaign sunny (just "for looks" Razz ).
I think the idea of one just for looks is a fabulous idea, especially to decorate army bases on any map. If you made various different army units parked at a base would further the ambiance of a real base.Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 2 Smiley-cool18
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:37 am

Same thought as mine sunny Thumbs Up!

Though we won't be including larger units like the Russian S-300 "family" as directly controlled vehicles, we will surely include them as mission objectives at some point.

The same goes for some particularly "exotic" units such as the YAL-1 Airborne Laser (we won't include it as a directly controlled unit, but I'd say it would be fantastic for inclusion in the campaign and even for map decoration / object for the worldbuilder).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:52 am

Snake wrote:Same thought as mine sunny Thumbs Up!

Though we won't be including larger units like the Russian S-300 "family" as directly controlled vehicles, we will surely include them as mission objectives at some point.

The same goes for some particularly "exotic" units such as the YAL-1 Airborne Laser (we won't include it as a directly controlled unit, but I'd say it would be fantastic for inclusion in the campaign and even for map decoration / object for the worldbuilder).
How about a seperate malfunctioning Airborne Laser unit for mappers that will zap and stun (freeze) infantry units that come near it (sorta like the leaflet drop logic).Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 2 Smiley-shocked031
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Sounds interesting, though that would be a "byproduct" of the standard YAL-1 inclusion.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:17 pm

I have tought from the beggining that the YAL-1A would be a great counter weapon to nukes and such. Probably the most interesting discovery I found researching the Military. I think in combination all these little inclusions such as the UN and Subs and Nukes and even (suprisingly) airborne lasers, special abilities for infantry is going to make a really great mod. Show SAGE what your workin with.

Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 2 326214 Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 2 338179
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next