The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas

+2
Tusker2Zero
Jarhead
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 3 Empty Re: Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas

Post  Snake Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Hell yeah Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil , it's time that SAGE shows off it's hidden power lol!
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 3 Empty Re: Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas

Post  Jarhead Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:11 am

What do you guys think of the Marine Expeditionary Unit having an upgrade to airdrop troops and heavy armor?
Then again the fact that evewrything is airdopped in kinda ruins the uniqueness of it. Any comments?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:16 am

About the M88A2, I love it when there is a unit that can't be controlled and you see it on a board, makes you wonder what other suprises in the game that haven't been stumbled upon. Keeps you thinking. Plus they just plain look sexy.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:47 am

Jarhead wrote:What do you guys think of the Marine Expeditionary Unit having an upgrade to airdrop troops and heavy armor?
Then again the fact that evewrything is airdopped in kinda ruins the uniqueness of it. Any comments?
If there are going to be any air dropped troops to be dropped in the game by the U.S. side, they must come from, and be referred to, as the Army's 101st Airborne Division. The "Screaming Eagles": http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/101abn.htm

The reason I say that is, if they don't get a mention somewhere in the game the guys up at the 101st, who's base is less than an hour's drive away from me, will surely travel down here in their blackhawks and put a cap in my a$$. Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 3 Smiley-violent010
Tusker2Zero
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Well we can't have that.
Rangers I think should be dropped in larger groups, while (up the tech tree) marine expeditionary units should get dropped with some kind of armored vehicle(s).
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:35 pm

Jarhead wrote:What do you guys think of the Marine Expeditionary Unit having an upgrade to airdrop troops and heavy armor?

We also thought of that, but in case we include a large MEU reinforcement force, then it may be deployed via some large transport ships (to make it more "Naval").

The main issue here wouldn't be the fact they are launched by air, but the fact that the tactical importance of the landing forces would dramatically decrease if we could launch a large airdropped force right on the heart of the island or base which can be normally captured by Amphibious forces Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 3 326214 , know what I mean?

Instead of having to fight their way till the base capture, players could just launch a large airdropped force to garrison the base in a moments notice (and that would decrease the role of the naval landing forces).

Jarhead wrote:About the M88A2, I love it when there is a unit that can't be controlled and you see it on a board, makes you wonder what other suprises in the game that haven't been stumbled upon. Keeps you thinking. Plus they just plain look sexy.

Same here, gotta love a badass vehicle which weights approximately 10 tons more than an Abrams What a Face , I was very surprised that no mod have included any recovery vehicle / repair tank to such a large extent as we are doing (each faction will have their "repair tanks" and repair vehicles).

The closest dedicated repair vehicle I recall on a mod was the Stryker from the Shockwave Mod (General Ironside).

Tusker2Zero wrote:
If there are going to be any air dropped troops to be dropped in the game by the U.S. side, they must come from, and be referred to, as the Army's 101st Airborne Division. The "Screaming Eagles": http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/101abn.htm

The reason I say that is, if they don't get a mention somewhere in the game the guys up at the 101st, who's base is less than an hour's drive away from me, will surely travel down here in their blackhawks and put a cap in my a$$. Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 3 Smiley-violent010

lol! Ah, the 101st Airborne!

I have a friend from the Portuguese Paratroopers which trained alongside some guys from the 101st on a joint NATO exercise.

The 101st Airborne will have a strong presence on the "standard missions" specially as one of the US's main Airborne Divisions.

Jarhead wrote:Well we can't have that.
Rangers I think should be dropped in larger groups, while (up the tech tree) marine expeditionary units should get dropped with some kind of armored vehicle(s).

The US Army Rangers (specially the 75th Ranger Regiment) will be Airborne Special Forces, I was personally shocked to watch how Rangers were depicted on C&C Generals (laughable infantry units, ludicrous to say the least since Rangers are an elite unit) affraid affraid affraid
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:32 am

They probably should have just said "soldier" instead of Ranger. They really didn't do the Rangers justice in the game.
I guess this means no Expeditionary Force? Would have been a good upgrade for regular Marines.
Another thing I was thinking is the marines are known for their sniper school and alot of them are pretty damn good.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Jarhead wrote:They probably should have just said "soldier" instead of Ranger. They really didn't do the Rangers justice in the game.

Completely agreed, interestingly enough, C&C Generals was even banned in China because of the feeble image which was transmitted by the Red Guards (weak and cheap infantry units equipped with crappy semi-auto rifles).

Jarhead wrote:I guess this means no Expeditionary Force? Would have been a good upgrade for regular Marines.

In a sense there will (Naval Spec Ops), and a large helicopter transport fleet which the player can use in order to deploy units in a hurry (there will be many different transports).

Jarhead wrote:Another thing I was thinking is the marines are known for their sniper school and alot of them are pretty damn good.

The Marines will have Excellent Snipers. Thumbs Up!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:22 pm

Earlier I wrote about equiping some soldiers with "metal detectors" using stealth detection at very low range to find mines and caches. (Not that mine detection is a soldiers primary purpose, but) Weapons, money, and maybe even some upgrades could result. (I'm also aware money is not currently on the to do list, or to be done list for the mod) Just another idea to diversify infantry and improve the number of possibilities in the game. There are currently alot of Green Berets in Afghanistan questioning people and breaking out metal detectors. [There are 2 mines for every person in Afghanistan.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Another thing, as much as I love all these beautiful units to control, and they are, like they say "the soldier is the back bone of the military, and the rifle is the backbone of the soldier." A soldier is only as good as their equipment. And since this mod will have a Naval mode, and swimming infantry, I propose rebreathers for SEAL's as an upgrade, of course. An evolution something like this:

SEAL swims
SEAL get zodiac
SEAL gets rebreather for stealthier deployment (swims stealth)

DSRV available for purchase

what do you think?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Jarhead wrote:Earlier I wrote about equiping some soldiers with "metal detectors" using stealth detection at very low range to find mines and caches. (Not that mine detection is a soldiers primary purpose, but) Weapons, money, and maybe even some upgrades could result. (I'm also aware money is not currently on the to do list, or to be done list for the mod) Just another idea to diversify infantry and improve the number of possibilities in the game. There are currently alot of Green Berets in Afghanistan questioning people and breaking out metal detectors. [There are 2 mines for every person in Afghanistan.

Think of the new Reinforcement Points as the new "money/currency".

I would like to watch more interactivity with civilian populations, though I'm afraid it may be impossible to do on "standard" Skirmishes (we may probably need to create separate maps with more specialized objectives in order to include that, new map.ini's I mean).

Jarhead wrote:Another thing, as much as I love all these beautiful units to control, and they are, like they say "the soldier is the back bone of the military, and the rifle is the backbone of the soldier." A soldier is only as good as their equipment. And since this mod will have a Naval mode, and swimming infantry, I propose rebreathers for SEAL's as an upgrade, of course. An evolution something like this:

SEAL swims
SEAL get zodiac
SEAL gets rebreather for stealthier deployment (swims stealth)

DSRV available for purchase

what do you think?

I think this is a great idea, though we'll have to take this idea to our "research labs" to confirm it Cool , if swimming infantry is included, then doing the upgrade has got the be the easiest part (a small skin / model change to add the specific equipment).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:29 pm

new idea

is it able that if the soldier die that they die more realitc u know if he get hit then his whole body move:D u know like in the real life whne u got shooot

i mean no soldier die like in zero hour:D:D:D they just stand and shoot eachother

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:29 pm

what about blood??

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:51 pm

About Blood , It Will Be Included The Rest , Well We'll See... Cool!
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:05 pm

yeah we might be able to add a transition effect animation in between when the soldier is in full health and when he's "dammaged". it will be more effective of course since soldiers don't take that many shots in game.

now don't think it makes the soldiers survivability extremely low. ALL weapons in the art of war will be able to miss. will also add some things to "randomize" the weapon projectiles in strength, accuracy..... so your soldiers/tanks or unit's survivability won't be solely based on one factor. many other factors like "luck" will determine if u hit, kill , or effectively dammage your enemy.

Even tracers have been randomized. tracers will tend to appear based on the randomizer's choice. giving it more realism. and less of that annoying repetitiveness zero hour tends to have with everything. i mean seriously, zero hours battles are the last thing but dynamic. unit survivability in zero hour usually depends on who hit who first and who has more reinforcements to replace who died. it reminds me of the un-strategic tactics armies used to have in the old old ancient rome/greek days.

also soldiers will have places to hide other than buildings. our goal is to make zero hour as realistically strategic and dynamic as possible. all thanks to the 'randomizer'. it's like our signature move right there Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 3 628772
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]

https://taow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:18 am

I was thinking about the command vehicle idea and some variants on it like I know the stryker is one, maybe that could be another way to divesify factions or just produce more options to the players liking. Someone's control vehicle could be a plane, a land vehicle, a battleship, or maybe even a submarine. Each vehicle has various pros and cons. For instance obviously an airplane would have a greater effect on the veil of war than say a submarine (which is much more stealthy, but not as effective as an airplane). Which in turn could use satellites (much higher up the tech tree) to reveal smaller parts of terrain in exchange for harder detection. I think it just a fun idea to play on.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Definitely, we will have many control vehicles other than land-based vehicles, in fact, I'm not even 100% sure if the Stryker M1130 Command Vehicle (we are currently using) will be included in the later versions as the main US Land-Based Control Vehicle (probably yes, probably not).

Aircraft Carriers will be the Flagships and will be the "Command Centers" of the sea.

As for aerial command centers, we have decided to use AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System) aircraft as the aerial controlling platforms, please check this post for some extra info on it:
https://taow.forumotion.com/member-s-access-f5/stryker-varients-work-in-progress-t138-45.htm#7685

(Note that that post was made two days ago, and a few hours ago we gave to go ahead for AWACS inclusion sunny ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Submarines?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:04 am

Probably not, if included, subs will be used for combatant roles (like most warships).
Some ships like Amphibious Assault Ships can be considered to be secondary Naval Command Vehicles in a sense (specially since their tactical importance will be vital).

This is to keep the tactical importance of the Aircraft Carrier up (so players will be urged to protect their Carriers, kinda like those "Naval Battle" table games Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 3 329208 ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:09 am

Anybody ever notice there is a tounament map in the original zerohour, that has a train that runs in and out of the maps boarder. By using control+c, force firing with aircraft onto the train which chugs around the maps boarder. When the aircraft move off the map press the "stop" icon for your aircraft in bottom window the aircraft will stay outside of the map itself. If you play the bottom player you can stop your aircraft just as the train pops back on the screen at the oppositions back door.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:36 am

Jarhead wrote:Anybody ever notice there is a tounament map in the original zerohour, that has a train that runs in and out of the maps boarder. By using control+c, force firing with aircraft onto the train which chugs around the maps boarder. When the aircraft move off the map press the "stop" icon for your aircraft in bottom window the aircraft will stay outside of the map itself. If you play the bottom player you can stop your aircraft just as the train pops back on the screen at the oppositions back door.

I never tried that scratch
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:32 am

Nobody will argue that the U.S. has alot of great toys to play with, but how about EU
I am assuming they will have snipers and if so what do you guys think about the WA-2000 as a spec forces weapon,
now there were actually only 72 of these ever made, about 12 made in .308 if my memory serves me the rest are .300 WIN
heres a link to pic below

http://homepage3.nifty.com/sweeper/gun/s_rifle/wa2000b.jpg

I realize they are kinda rare (and expensive, about $17,000 American if you can find one), but when you are talking about things like spec ops they get pretty much whatever they want so its not really a stretch at all. Besides, look at how sexy that S.O.B. is.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Nobody will argue that the U.S. has alot of great toys to play with, but how about EU
I am assuming they will have snipers and if so what do you guys think about the WA-2000 as a spec forces weapon,
now there were actually only 72 of these ever made, about 12 made in .308 if my memory serves me the rest are .300 WIN
heres a link to pic below

http://homepage3.nifty.com/sweeper/gun/s_rifle/wa2000b.jpg

I realize they are kinda rare (and expensive, about $17,000 American if you can find one), but when you are talking about things like spec ops they get pretty much whatever they want so its not really a stretch at all. Besides, look at how sexy that S.O.B. is.

Aaaah, the sexy Walter WA-2000 Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 3 Wakuwaku , a top of the line beauty in which few mortals have had the luck to wield and few more even fire. Agent 47's weapon of choice in the Hitman series as well.

Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 3 Wa2000-1

Rumor has it that a WA-2000 values approximately something between 70.000 to 90.000 US Dollars, specially since only about 4 or 5 weapons were ever sold for the US for being owned for people other than the president of Walter in the US (he haves about 10 weapons or so). Needless to say, these weapons are rarer to find than an oasis in the Sahara desert (not to mention their "special price" these days, specially since such weapons are so rare and are such high valued collectors symbols for rifle collectors, kinda like a Picasso of weapons so to speak).

Though that weapon is extremely sexy and an excellent suggestion, it haves some truly serious opposition, even to become one of the Spec Ops weapons. One of such weapons in which so much consideration is being taken is the DSR-1 (GSG 9's main sniper rifle as well as a weapon of choice of many European Special Operations Snipers):

Uprades for Infantry/Spec Ops + Some other Ideas - Page 3 Dsr1-308-3

This is gonna be one heck of a complicated decision pale pale pale

EDIT: The DSR-1 is such an extremely accurate weapon it would certainly make an aware target pee his pants, as stated in WorldGuns:

The expected accuracy of the DSR-1 is almost extreme: some sources state sub-.2 MOA accuracy (0.20 inch / 5 mm groups measured center-to-center at 100 yards) when shot by experienced operator, with correct ammunition and in good environment conditions.

affraid affraid affraid I mean ... a sub .2 MOA (Minute Of Arc/Angle) accuracy ratio??? HOLY $HIT!!! affraid
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:15 am

That, is a sexy gun. Looks good.
I was playing the old zero hour and I was looking at black lotus's computer animation like when she steals buildings and I was thinking, would it be possible to have an operator for UAV's, so if your operator gets killed well so does your UAV (crashes)? Even spec op snipers use laptops to upload photos (though I can't think of a good reason to use a laptop's for snipers neccessarily). Just another little idea to ad to the game.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:19 am

I love bullpup designs, makes me wonder why it took so long for makers to realize the advantages of the design. Keeps weight down, allows for longer barrels without having a 6 foot long weapon. Especially good for close quarters.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next