The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas

+17
Vegantor
Pathfinder
AgustaBE
AceofCombat
Squadleader
F-35 Lightning II
Jarhead
General Psycho
Tusker2Zero
James100
guppy19
Pyrospastiac
Gamerex
Aydynbek
Snake
Matolck
Marc15yo [Admin]
21 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 Empty Re: Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas

Post  Snake Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:31 am

Squadleader wrote:the untis are veryyyyyyyyyyyy great but pls can u make them Taller ?? because they are smaller then a car :-O U know what i mean Very Happy ?

Fear not, every unit which will eventually make it into the mod will be rescaled and upgraded (that goes for Zero Hour cars as well).

ZH was notorious for having scaling discrepancies (very small buildings and very large infantry / small tanks and large cars / etc), and we will scale and upgrade everything which will eventually make it into TAOW, all to keep size realism.

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:
Jarhead wrote:This might make a cool effect for supersonic aircraft

@ 1:40 on this video shows a really cool effect that might ad to TAOW.

what ? i don't see it sorry mate, reüpload it please cheers

Yup, same here, I'm afraid the video wasn't loaded in the post correctly.
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 Empty Re: Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas

Post  Jarhead Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:13 am

There you go. This is the shorter version from the same video,with a prime example of what I'm talkin about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tWwQE4HqE8
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:05 am

Jarhead wrote:There you go. This is the shorter version from the same video,with a prime example of what I'm talkin about.

yeah awesome effect Thumbs Up!
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:11 am

I was thinking about snipers and how in game they flash when shooting, exposing their positions. Would it be possible to use the shroud logic to allow a unit to take cover, or a hide? Say in bushes, tall grass, or even trees? Or replace the unit flashing with say a glare from its scope?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:14 pm

iam very sry to say this b iam bigger then a car Very Happy:D:D

but doesnt amtter BEST MOD 4 EVER Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 681308 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 681308 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 681308 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 681308 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 681308

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:17 am

Jarhead wrote:There you go. This is the shorter version from the same video,with a prime example of what I'm talkin about.

That's a kick ass vid Rock on!

Jarhead wrote:I was thinking about snipers and how in game they flash when shooting, exposing their positions. Would it be possible to use the shroud logic to allow a unit to take cover, or a hide? Say in bushes, tall grass, or even trees? Or replace the unit flashing with say a glare from its scope?

I should note that the classic General's stealth effects (blinking vehicles/units or unit transparency) won't appear in TAOW (the standard stealth warning messages will still appear, and stealth "entering / discovered" animations might still appear as well, to allow the players to easily become aware when a unit was discovered or entered the stealth mode, the same will happen with the "stealth sound").

The infantry stealth will primarily depend on the soldier's stances, snipers can be extremely stealthy and accurate when standing still and prone (we'll have to determine the rest of their stealth particularities during the unit balancing stage).

Squadleader wrote:iam very sry to say this b iam bigger then a car Very Happy:D:D

but doesnt amtter BEST MOD 4 EVER Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 681308 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 681308 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 681308 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 681308 Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 681308

That's no prob at all mate Thumbs Up!

After all, the Zero Hour Map object editing will occur at a later point in the mod development (when our vehicles and units are prepared), meaning those cars you saw (standard, untouched ZH vehicles) will be reworked by the TAOW Team for further re-inclusion in the mod later on Cool
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:46 am

hi,

why isn't the LAV 25 included for the marines (higher classupgrade: EFV cheers )

grtz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:17 pm

The LAV-25 will be included Thumbs Up! (in fact, it was one of our first completed vehicles, it's currently awaiting renovation).

Once it is renovated, it will be released for public presentation Cool!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:23 pm

Snake wrote:The LAV-25 will be included Thumbs Up! (in fact, it was one of our first completed vehicles, it's currently awaiting renovation).

Once it is renovated, it will be released for public presentation Cool!

Cool cheers I was just wondering, as it isn't in the vehicle table cheers

greetz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:25 pm

Other than the LAV-25, we'll have other LAV-based variants (we're still to choose them at the moment).

I'm going to add the LAV-25 to the vehicle table Cool
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Snake wrote:Other than the LAV-25, we'll have other LAV-based variants (we're still to choose them at the moment).

yeah, but isn't the Piranha based on the LAV-models ?

Wikipedia - Piranha family tree

greetz

cheers
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Snake wrote:Other than the LAV-25, we'll have other LAV-based variants (we're still to choose them at the moment).

yeah, but isn't the Piranha based on the LAV-models ?

Wikipedia - Piranha family tree

The LAV is a variant of the Piranha (the LAV-25 is based on the Piranha I so to speak).

The Strykers are also based on the Piranha design (the Stryker is based on the Piranha IIIH design).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:58 pm

Would it be possible to use radar/voice prompts to inform the player that a time regulated/time fired weapon (like jarmen kells Crew kill for instance) has reloaded an is ready to fire? This would be handy considering then all you would have to do is hit spacebar to jump to the reloaded troop or vehicle.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Jarhead wrote:Would it be possible to use radar/voice prompts to inform the player that a time regulated/time fired weapon (like jarmen kells Crew kill for instance) has reloaded an is ready to fire? This would be handy considering then all you would have to do is hit spacebar to jump to the reloaded troop or vehicle.

I'm not sure, though it would be definitely quite useful (for units such as mobile artillery for instance).

What is possible is is to add a sort of a time counter (similar to the one of the super weapons) on the top right of the screen for special attacks (carpet bombing, etc.), I think we'll use such counters for special units such as the AC-130 gunship or B-52/B-2's Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 225471
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:14 am

Snake wrote:
Jarhead wrote:Would it be possible to use radar/voice prompts to inform the player that a time regulated/time fired weapon (like jarmen kells Crew kill for instance) has reloaded an is ready to fire? This would be handy considering then all you would have to do is hit spacebar to jump to the reloaded troop or vehicle.

I'm not sure, though it would be definitely quite useful (for units such as mobile artillery for instance).

What is possible is is to add a sort of a time counter (similar to the one of the super weapons) on the top right of the screen for special attacks (carpet bombing, etc.), I think we'll use such counters for special units such as the AC-130 gunship or B-52/B-2's Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 225471

great idea,
what i also like is the Contra 006 "input": They use the superweapons bar (right) to select certain units(aurora bomber etc.) instead of the superweapons(which are "behind" another button) i'll see if i can find a screenie Thumbs Up!

greetz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks Thumbs Up!

We'll likely include special screen "buttons" for selecting the more advanced weapons (such as UAV's, Artillery, Aircraft, and other high tier units), and other ones for the special units (bombers, AC-130 gunship, etc).

Basically such logics are already built in Zero Hour (ZH introduced such shortcuts for the General Powers so the player wouldn't need to select his HQ to activate those abilities and thus making the process faster than in standard C&C Generals).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:55 am

Snake wrote:Thanks Thumbs Up!

We'll likely include special screen "buttons" for selecting the more advanced weapons (such as UAV's, Artillery, Aircraft, and other high tier units), and other ones for the special units (bombers, AC-130 gunship, etc).

Basically such logics are already built in Zero Hour (ZH introduced such shortcuts for the General Powers so the player wouldn't need to select his HQ to activate those abilities and thus making the process faster than in standard C&C Generals).
okay Thumbs Up!
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:33 am

Your killin me Snake. Tell me Spooky isn't going to be an "Automatic" weapon. You could be cruisin around in Spooky, takin out whatever is visable. 3 different weapon sets, high mobility, what more can you ask for?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:39 pm

When a basic infantry (rifleman and such) ranks up to heroic or elite is it possible to give players an option to upgrade them to more advanced units such as special forces.

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 36863 -----> Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 648248
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:13 pm

Pathfinder wrote:When a basic infantry (rifleman and such) ranks up to heroic or elite is it possible to give players an option to upgrade them to more advanced units such as special forces.

Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 36863 -----> Discussion: GamePlay and Units Ideas - Page 12 648248

dunno if the ranking up system for individual units will be include scratch
but if it is, it won't be that they hit more or so => randomizer, but more accuracy etc. should be a great improvement indead Thumbs Up!
and special forces will just be a higher class...

greetz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Jarhead wrote:Your killin me Snake. Tell me Spooky isn't going to be an "Automatic" weapon. You could be cruisin around in Spooky, takin out whatever is visable. 3 different weapon sets, high mobility, what more can you ask for?

The "Shortcut Logic" I mentioned in my earlier post won't just call in a computer controlled gunship to a designated target like in ZH, instead it will allow the player to easily and simply call in the AC-130 gunship to the battlefield, from there on we want to make it manually controllable by the players.

It's natural that, given the Spooky's nature and special role in TAOW, it will be a high tier unlock for very ranked players.

Pathfinder wrote:When a basic infantry (rifleman and such) ranks up to heroic or elite is it possible to give players an option to upgrade them to more advanced units such as special forces.

dunno if the ranking up system for individual units will be include scratch
but if it is, it won't be that they hit more or so => randomizer, but more accuracy etc. should be a great improvement indead Thumbs Up!
and special forces will just be a higher class...

Yup, Special Forces are a separate, "Special" Unlockable Infantry Class which is set apart from the Regular (but still extremely important) Infantry.

Soldiers will definitely gain certain extras, bonuses and abilities which reflect their specific rank. The weapons and gear itself is chosen by the specific Classes (higher Class = More Specialized gear).

One important thing to note though is that, unlike ZH, highly ranked infantry won't mysteriously deal more damage per se:

What actually happens in TAOW is that higher ranked soldiers will have a higher and improved hit ratio, effectively and realistically increasing the dealt damage due to an accuracy increase (supposedly raised by "battlefield experience") and not because the weapon suddenly gets more firepower or starts to unrealistically fire much faster than before.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:58 am

Could there be a way to shut off the ranks of units so that an opponent could not see them. This might also provide for the inclusion of spy units or Military Intelligence units that if codeable could reveal the true capability of the opponents army. In my opinion that would be a great advancement in the way a battle might be approached. If it is possible to use a sort of bombtruck logic applied to an infantry unit. Then if it is possible to give a unit stealth status while remaining visible, the only hurdle to overcome is the visability or invisiablity of surrounding units ranks in the presence of a "Spy" unit.

Now if weapons are visably changed on things like infantry (when ranking up), then just using the zoom might be an option to examine their weapons and compare what they have on their rifles for instance with prior knowledge of what rank might have that attatchment.

The health bar of opponents should also remain hidden unless a unit such as this is employed. Other than a change in the visual animation of a unit there should be no indications as to the state (health) of an enemy. That is unless you have a source of intel-->The Spy

I don't know how feasable it is include a MI type unit but I like the concept behind it. I mean a drone can't mix among soldiers and gain the kind of knowledge an actual person could.
Tell me what you think.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Jarhead wrote:Could there be a way to shut off the ranks of units so that an opponent could not see them. This might also provide for the inclusion of spy units or Military Intelligence units that if codeable could reveal the true capability of the opponents army. In my opinion that would be a great advancement in the way a battle might be approached. If it is possible to use a sort of bombtruck logic applied to an infantry unit. Then if it is possible to give a unit stealth status while remaining visible, the only hurdle to overcome is the visability or invisiablity of surrounding units ranks in the presence of a "Spy" unit.

The health bar of opponents should also remain hidden unless a unit such as this is employed. Other than a change in the visual animation of a unit there should be no indications as to the state (health) of an enemy. That is unless you have a source of intel-->The Spy

I'm not sure if it's possible though it would be definitely rather interesting Twisted Evil

The unit class which could be tremendously useful for such a role would be the Recon Class (making them even more useful to combine with the regular forces).

Jarhead wrote:Now if weapons are visably changed on things like infantry (when ranking up), then just using the zoom might be an option to examine their weapons and compare what they have on their rifles for instance with prior knowledge of what rank might have that attatchment.

The weapons will remain visibly equal even after the soldier increases in rank (and will have some extra beneficial effects like the ones I talked about in the previous post), the attachments and visible modifications will be changed with the specific class, however, we want to include some certain, posteriorly added extra weapons and special gear (probably via upgrade, possibly similar to the Helix helo add-ons in Zero Hour).

The higher the soldier is in rank, the extra abilities he'll gain as well (besides stats).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:25 am

Speaking Of Which Are We Gonna Include The M163 VADS?
It's Still In Use By The US Military, Maybe As The Medium Class AA? And Leave The Heavy Class For The M6
Like Say
Avenger > Vulcan > Linebacker ?

Also Are We Including Towed Weapons ? (I Just Thought Of It Now Thinking Of The M167)
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:32 am

That sounds about right to me. A good evo/upgrade list.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next