The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW?

5 posters

Go down

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? Empty [EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW?

Post  AgustaBE Sun May 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I made this topic so that everyone who lives in the European Union can give their advice of which units(most likely used in their own country)they would like to see in the EU faction of TAOW

First i will give my suggestions of the Belgian units:

1) A-109BA Agusta Multi-role helicopter
[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? A-109%20Agusta

(Standard version)

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? GW510H348

(TOW Anti-tank version => important!)

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? GW500H333

(Medevac version,)

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? GW500H333-1

(Rocket-pod version => usefull!)

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? 1490082

(machinegun version, conversion of the standard version)

2) Para-commando's
An elite infantry group, feared by the whole world.
Note: recognized by their Red barets [EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? Skull_kl_1para
They are paratroopers, so they can be included by randomizer for the EU paratroopers.

3) MULTI-PURPOSE PROTECTED VEHICLE (MPPV) DINGO II
(and the other wehicles are interesting too, but this is the most usefull)
List of the vehicles

4) Belgian Special Forces group

Now it's your turn!!!

greetz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? Empty Re: [EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW?

Post  Snake Mon May 25, 2009 8:04 pm

(Small Note:
I reposted some of the images which weren't previously showing up Thumbs Up! )

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:MULTI-PURPOSE PROTECTED VEHICLE (MPPV) DINGO II

It's interesting you mention the Dingo II, this vehicle will be definitely included in TAOW Thumbs Up! in fact, our Dingo II is nearly complete sunny

The Dingo II will be a sort of an European MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle) counterpart and will have multiple variants and weapons.

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:1) A-109BA Agusta Multi-role helicopter
[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? A-109%20Agusta

(Standard version)

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? GW510H348

(TOW Anti-tank version => important!)

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? GW500H333

(Medevac version,)

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? GW500H333-1

(Rocket-pod version => usefull!)

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? 1490082

(machinegun version, conversion of the standard version)

It's very probable this helicopter family will be present in the mod sunny (I personally would love to include it as the main European Multi Purpose helicopter to have duties similar to the ones the Blackhawk will have).

As for the Para-Commandos and Belgian Special Forces, though I can't be sure if they'll be included at the moment, it's perfectly possible they might eventually show up (the F2000 assault rifle, for example, will be used by European Special Forces Cool! ).

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:(and the other wehicles are interesting too, but this is the most usefull) List of the vehicles

All of those are great candidates for TAOW Thumbs Up! , as a matter of fact the team already discussed about almost all those vehicles (the Pandur, Piranha, Iveco LMV - Light Multirole Vehicle).

The Pandur II (8x8 version) was the vehicle I personally requested for inclusion in the mod, my country, Portugal, will be the largest Pandur II user (15 variants), I'll personally do the voice acting for it.

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? Pandur_II_rcws_m

The amphibious Pandur will be one of the various European APC's, we'll include multiple vehicles in every class in order to diversify things (the EU will have various Humvee counterparts for instance).
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

[EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? Empty Re: [EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW?

Post  AgustaBE Tue May 26, 2009 3:40 am

Awesome ! cheers
Thanks a lot for uploading my pics again mate ! Thumbs Up!

And what about the flags on the vehicles, will they be randomized then? Since the A109 is used by Italy too, in fact it is an italian helicopter. lol!

About the voice acting, will we use Dutch voices too? If yes, i am surely a candidate for the Dutch voice acting (for the dingo II, A109 Agusta...) And i can speak French quite good too(which also is an official language in Belgium of course !) lol!
So if you need "Belgian" voice acing(consists of Dutch and French) then I certainly want to give it a try! Thumbs Up!

And about the Pandur II vehicle, what is it used for? Isnt it used for some kind of electronic warfare, for temporarely taking out radar stations etc. and for observation/scouting? Since I think that there was once an article in the newspaper about Belgian soldiers who got sick, due to the radiation effect Question
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 am

Btw nice pic of the pandur II Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
and about the European SF, maybe just randomize them too so just make a button "call in SF-group" and then 3 choosable kinds of teams:
1) Air-team (can be parachuted etc.) e.g.: SAS
2) Amphibious team (can swim, can be used in naval mode...) e.g.: delta force european counterpart
3) Land team (can place beacons for artillery or air strikes etc.) e.g.: belgian SF-group Team Land ( in the Belgian SF group u have 3 kinds of teams: Air, Land and amphibious, the SF-group is just one batalion, but divided in different Teams)
And just give all teams of the same kind of the various countries exactly the same abilities, so that in fact only the "skinns" are randomized...
Thumbs Up!

And about the para-commando's just randomize the EU paratroopers, based on the same system as I described above for the SF.(only skinns randomized, all the same abilities)

I think the randomizing will be necessary for EU, since the EU consists of many different active countries(Belgium, Portugal Rock on! , France, Italy, Germany, Spain... )

greetz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Tue May 26, 2009 11:25 pm

I have always been facinated with submarines. The Soviet Typhoon class especially. I know WMD's wont be in TAOW and most likely rightfully so, but subs do carry weapons other than ICBM's, and can serve various purposes, such as conventional missile attacks, troop delivery, and even as a "headquarters" or command vehicle type position. This unit might produce a slot for another unit, the DSRV, or the SDV. Possibly use the SDV to stealthily approach a dormant sub delivering SEAL type units to immobilize it. Then send in a DSRV loaded with SEALs to capture and control the sub. Maybe the (higher tech) DSRV could serve a platform for duel roles, immobilize and capture. Note the DSRV has no weapons besides the troops in it, and serves 2 purposes, away to stealthily delivery troops and a way to board a submerged submarine.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed May 27, 2009 1:56 am

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:Btw nice pic of the pandur II Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
and about the European SF, maybe just randomize them too so just make a button "call in SF-group" and then 3 choosable kinds of teams:
1) Air-team (can be parachuted etc.) e.g.: SAS
2) Amphibious team (can swim, can be used in naval mode...) e.g.: delta force european counterpart
3) Land team (can place beacons for artillery or air strikes etc.) e.g.: belgian SF-group Team Land ( in the Belgian SF group u have 3 kinds of teams: Air, Land and amphibious, the SF-group is just one batalion, but divided in different Teams)
And just give all teams of the same kind of the various countries exactly the same abilities, so that in fact only the "skinns" are randomized...

And what about the flags on the vehicles, will they be randomized then? Since the A109 is used by Italy too, in fact it is an italian helicopter. lol!

About the voice acting, will we use Dutch voices too? If yes, i am surely a candidate for the Dutch voice acting (for the dingo II, A109 Agusta...) And i can speak French quite good too(which also is an official language in Belgium of course !) lol!
So if you need "Belgian" voice acing(consists of Dutch and French) then I certainly want to give it a try! Thumbs Up!

Many thanks Thumbs Up!

Unfortunately I'm not sure at the moment, we do want to add various flags and skin variants per vehicle model, but the main issue is with the unit's voices (multiple/different languages per model).

I'm unsure if we can have different voices per unit (eg: a Dingo II with a Belgian and German voice, depending on the model's flag). The team will have to look deeper into this matter.

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:And about the Pandur II vehicle, what is it used for? Isnt it used for some kind of electronic warfare, for temporarely taking out radar stations etc. and for observation/scouting? Since I think that there was once an article in the newspaper about Belgian soldiers who got sick, due to the radiation effect Question

The Pandur is normally an Armored Personnel Carrier (APC), however it can have many variants (Anti-Tank, Ambulance, etc.), I suppose the Belgian Armed Forces mounted electronic disrupting equipment on some vehicles for testing purposes.

The Pandur that Belgium uses is the Pandur I (6x6, six wheels), the Pandur that Portugal uses is the Pandur II (8x8, eight wheels).

The Pandurs are designed to be very modular (to rapidly include extra armament and armor to rapidly fit the mission profile), in addition they can be fully amphibious and were designed to work on chemical/biological/nuclear conditions and electronic warfare.

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:And about the para-commando's just randomize the EU paratroopers, based on the same system as I described above for the SF.(only skinns randomized, all the same abilities)

I think the randomizing will be necessary for EU, since the EU consists of many different active countries(Belgium, Portugal Rock on! , France, Italy, Germany, Spain... )

Absolutely Thumbs Up! , in fact, the European Union will be the most diversified faction (and the largest one in terms of models as well), since the EU will have unique logics (enhanced randomization) and so many different models (weapons, skins, etc.) we're focusing on the US and Russia first (and on the EU at spaced intervals).

Jarhead wrote:I have always been facinated with submarines. The Soviet Typhoon class especially. I know WMD's wont be in TAOW and most likely rightfully so, but subs do carry weapons other than ICBM's, and can serve various purposes, such as conventional missile attacks, troop delivery, and even as a "headquarters" or command vehicle type position. This unit might produce a slot for another unit, the DSRV, or the SDV. Possibly use the SDV to stealthily approach a dormant sub delivering SEAL type units to immobilize it. Then send in a DSRV loaded with SEALs to capture and control the sub. Maybe the (higher tech) DSRV could serve a platform for duel roles, immobilize and capture. Note the DSRV has no weapons besides the troops in it, and serves 2 purposes, away to stealthily delivery troops and a way to board a submerged submarine.

If subs are in then the Typhoon will be definitively included in TAOW Rock on! , one problem may be with it's size though (big machine), just like you mentioned it can have many other roles and weapons besides ballistic missiles so if we include it it'll have multiple features.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Wed May 27, 2009 5:49 am

Snake wrote:

Absolutely Thumbs Up! , in fact, the European Union will be the most diversified faction (and the largest one in terms of models as well), since the EU will have unique logics (enhanced randomization) and so many different models (weapons, skins, etc.) we're focusing on the US and Russia first (and on the EU at spaced intervals).

Of course, these 2 factions are the mosted "wanted" by the most of the future TAOW-players i guess Thumbs Up!
I think it should be great if at first you release a beta with USA and Russia, and then the team (and the contributors lol! Thumbs Up! ) can give their full attention to the EU faction, which has too be perfect .^^ Rock on!

But, what about the Dutch voices, will they be used (I need to know if I have to buy a microphonne, to ensure that I can do the voice acting, since I am the only one who speaks Dutch here (correct me if I'm rong Laughing )

And (one last question Laughing ) do you like the randomize idea about the paratroopers and SF-groups? Because i'm begging you snake ,and the rest of the team Very Happy , please please please bounce bounce bounce include some belgian units! ^^ [EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? 386875 (just like a little girl or boy begging his/her mum to get a lollipop [EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? 356497 [EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? 450684 )

greetz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed May 27, 2009 10:16 pm

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:
Snake wrote:

Of course, these 2 factions are the mosted "wanted" by the most of the future TAOW-players i guess Thumbs Up!
I think it should be great if at first you release a beta with USA and Russia, and then the team (and the contributors lol! Thumbs Up! ) can give their full attention to the EU faction, which has too be perfect .^^ Rock on!

The current main faction the team is working on is the US, progress on the EU and Russia will be gradual for both factions but the EU will eventually take longer to prepare because of the large number of units, their numerous variants and skins.

Our current focus on the US is mainly because of coding (think of the current US faction as a sort of the main prototype), we can concentrate on the codes which can be easily adapted to other factions at a later point.

For example:
We'll be able to easily use the M1A2 Abram's code and apply it to the Russian T-90 tank - then we make the necessary alterations and modifications (such as range, power, special abilities, armor, etc.) and the process is made much faster than the initial M1A2 code.

Basically we're looking to perfect a code for a certain class (such as Main Battle Tanks) so we'll be able to take care of the other respective units on the other factions much faster at a later point.

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:But, what about the Dutch voices, will they be used (I need to know if I have to buy a microphonne, to ensure that I can do the voice acting, since I am the only one who speaks Dutch here (correct me if I'm rong Laughing )

There's a very strong possibility, but at the moment we're not sure scratch (we are still to decide the voices on some vehicles on a balanced manner, so the EU will be more diversified with more voices instead of having just three main central languages).

We'll have to wait until we have prepared newer European Vehicles first.

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:And (one last question Laughing ) do you like the randomize idea about the paratroopers and SF-groups? Because i'm begging you snake ,and the rest of the team Very Happy , please please please bounce bounce bounce include some belgian units! ^^ [EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? 386875 (just like a little girl or boy begging his/her mum to get a lollipop [EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? 356497 [EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? 450684 )

lol! lol! lol! Yeah, in fact, I personally presented the team with the European Infantry Randomization logic a couple of months ago (to hopefully be applied on all infantry classes: both basic units and special forces), I hope we do have multiple nationalities per each European Infantry Type sunny .
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE Thu May 28, 2009 8:58 am

Snake wrote:

lol! lol! lol! Yeah, in fact, I personally presented the team with the European Infantry Randomization logic a couple of months ago (to hopefully be applied on all infantry classes: both basic units and special forces), I hope we do have multiple nationalities per each European Infantry Type sunny .

that's cool cheers
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  maximka123 Fri May 29, 2009 8:26 am

In Russian Federation used for this time next vehicles, infantry, aircrafts and helicopters and this units i`m wanna to see in TAOW Very Happy :

1) Tanks: Unfortunatlty main part of Russian tanks is still T-72B with ERA(first generation of Explosive Reactive Armor) and T-80BV, but our army mordernized and all old tanks replaced by new T-90C and T-80U(UK), and also some little forces T-95 for spec ops.
T-90c and T-80u is a higth tech tanks with ablities shtora, smoke ganredes wich both defend tank from missles, both tanks have second generation of ERA with more satronger than first ERA. Both tanks have 125mm smoth cannon-launch missles cannon wich equal 120mm cannon of Abrams and have advance to fire missles from 125mm smooth cannon. Also if u want i`m may added some few vidios about this tanks, but in russian languge only.

2) InfantryFightingVehicles: like i`m say in first point main pat of IFVs for example is BMP-2, but like in first point i`m say it`s replayced to BMP-3( time to time this information says in news by our President Of Russian Federation) BMP-3: one 70mm smoth cannon, one 30mm automatick cannon, 7.62 PKT.

3) AA units: Russia used "Tunguska", TOSm1, S-300 longe Range AA Defenced unit, and more modern S-400, but our army also still using units like ZSU-23-4 "Shilka", SA-9, Sa-11 and other AA units.

4) Infantry: regular souildiers armed with AKM (Automat Kalashnikova Modernized) Caliber: 5.45
At-souldire armed or RPG-7 modern or RPG-22
Alos have PRO (Smell flametower infnatry)
Spetnaz (like group "Vimpel" and "Alpha")
others infantry i`m didn`t have information

5) Aircafts: Russia still used "king of air" Su-27 flanker and Mig-29(and this version for two pilots Mig-29UB)
Antitanks playne: Su-25T, Su-39(modern Su-25T)
Multytargets playens: Su-32 "Utenok" , Su-34, SU-25, Mig-27, Mig-23MLD
Higth tech playnes: SU-37, Su-47, MIG-31, Mig-1.44. (like in vanila Genrelas from china faction), T-160 and so on.

6) Helicopters: The main regular Helicopter of Russian army now is Mi-28H (Mi-28 test version was first fling in 11 november 1982). Ka-50 used like support for Spec Ops.
Also Russia used multymission Mi-24E/MI-24D AND Mi-17, KA-27
AND our army have next hitgh tech helicopetrs like KA-52 , KA-58.

Thaks for reading thant and if u hve some quesion asked me Wink
P.S. i`m may give some pic of this units.

maximka123
Private First Class
Private First Class

http://www.Cold-war-crisis.de

Back to top Go down

Post  AceofCombat Fri May 29, 2009 7:49 pm

Hello everyone

a long time ago that I was not visiting the forum

because I was playing OFP mod FFUR 2007 ver2

Well here are some pages that appear almost all the Russian units and their images (in Spanish and this is something out) sorry

http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/1938848/Armamento-ruso:-Aeronaves.html
http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/1939299/Armamento-ruso:-Naval.html
http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/1935643/Armamento-ruso.html Very Happy

I like to use the modern Russian armed forces
with all existing units

(Corea del sur Vs Corea del norte armagedon nuclear + pandemia mundial y crisis economica = fin del mundo)
AceofCombat
AceofCombat
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Fri May 29, 2009 11:26 pm

How about an ingame pic of an AC-130U? The C-130 does have a jet assisted takeoff version, but I don't know of any C-130 variation that looks like that thing in ZH. And how it kinda turned in a 90 degree bank circling the target. I hope this aircraft will make bigger circles and shoot from a much longer distance. So all I'm sayin is hook a poor contributor up with a nice pic of a TAOW AC-130U?! Pleeease!?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat May 30, 2009 6:38 am

maximka123 wrote:In Russian Federation used for this time next vehicles, infantry, aircrafts and helicopters and this units i`m wanna to see in TAOW Very Happy :

Thaks for reading thant and if u hve some quesion asked me Wink
P.S. i`m may give some pic of this units.

Many thanks for the excellent suggestions Thumbs Up!

We have created some "Vehicle Tables" on the Forum Member's Area, those tables contain some of the vehicles which are confirmed to be included in the mod, you might want to take a look at them here.

(The Forum Member's Area is a special area of the forum which can be accessed by forum members, in this area the mod team shows work in progress and planned stuff before it is "officially" announced to the general public), you can view that forum Main Menu here.

You can check our currently planned units for Russia on the following topic (please note that extra vehicles will be eventually added later on):
https://taow.forumotion.com/russian-federation-f31/

AceofCombat wrote:Hello everyone

a long time ago that I was not visiting the forum

because I was playing OFP mod FFUR 2007 ver2

Well here are some pages that appear almost all the Russian units and their images (in Spanish and this is something out) sorry

http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/1938848/Armamento-ruso:-Aeronaves.html
http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/1939299/Armamento-ruso:-Naval.html
http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/1935643/Armamento-ruso.html Very Happy

I like to use the modern Russian armed forces
with all existing units

Hola Thumbs Up! , I checked those vehicle lists and I can confirm that the vast majority will be included in TAOW Rock on! (including ships as well)

AceofCombat wrote:(Corea del sur Vs Corea del norte armagedon nuclear + pandemia mundial y crisis economica = fin del mundo)

La guerra se extienda como un reguero de pólvora después de los acontecimientos de la primera parte de la historia. Me temo que no puedo revelar más de momento Smile

Jarhead wrote:How about an ingame pic of an AC-130U? The C-130 does have a jet assisted takeoff version, but I don't know of any C-130 variation that looks like that thing in ZH. And how it kinda turned in a 90 degree bank circling the target. I hope this aircraft will make bigger circles and shoot from a much longer distance. So all I'm sayin is hook a poor contributor up with a nice pic of a TAOW AC-130U?! Pleeease!?

lol! I'm afraid we don't have a Spooky model at the moment (we'll most likely build it from the C-130J which is already rollin' in game), I think the Spooky will be one of the latest manned aircraft to be prepared though (after the model is done we'll focus on it's coding).

The Spectre Gunship in ZH is a sort of fictional rocket-powered swing-wing super-plane, our Spooky Gunship, however, will be old school Cool!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Sun May 31, 2009 12:48 am

Great links, all of those weapons are pretty damn cool. And it does seem like a lot of them are on the vehicle list. Hope some of the more exotic ones make the list as well. Again great links.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  AceofCombat Sun May 31, 2009 11:41 am

hello all

I have a suggestion for the table of the European Union vehicles here is link
a Wiesel 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiesel_AWC
AceofCombat
AceofCombat
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:40 am

Jarhead wrote:Great links, all of those weapons are pretty damn cool. And it does seem like a lot of them are on the vehicle list. Hope some of the more exotic ones make the list as well. Again great links.

I'd say that over 90 to 95% of the those vehicles will eventually make it into TAOW sunny

We'll also have some "homemade" exotic vehicles [EU] Which units used in your own country would you like to see in TAOW? 329208 (based on realistic projects though, to keep with realism).

AceofCombat wrote:hello all

I have a suggestion for the table of the European Union vehicles here is link
a Wiesel 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiesel_AWC

Though I have no confirmation at the moment I'd say there's a very strong chance the Wiesel AWC and some of it's variants will be most likely included in TAOW Cool!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down