The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I would like to see in TAOW

5 posters

Go down

What I would like to see in TAOW Empty What I would like to see in TAOW

Post  Jarhead Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:22 pm

This is what I would like to see in TAOW.
I want 2 men, one spotter, one sniper headed ashore in a boat instead of swimming because I kicked some @$$ earlier on in the game and got the upgrade for a zodiac to deliver my finely tuned SEAL sniper team which I also got on upgrade from kickin some @$$ earlier in the game. When they get ashore I know my men are equipped with the finest weaponry provided on God’s green Earth, the .50 Cal Sniper rifle with an exceptional scope that allows my SEAL Sniper to see in the dark, to become a F*&%#@! Monster of the dark, of which each hallow ringing echo of a discharged round strikes fear into nearby soldiers when placed surgically into the face of their buddy by one of my 2 walkin talkin nightmares. And when the enemy gets pissed off and decides to send in some light armor to dispatch my 2 little shadows, thanks to my depleted uranium tipped rounds that I got because I kicked some @$$ earlier in the game, I can send a round straight through that m*&%$# F&%$#@!$ engine while my spotter is painting the heavier tank that followed with big red dot for incoming aircraft to obliterate upon arrival, because I kicked some @$$ earlier in the game. My airplane got shot down, no survivors but the tank and the lightly armored vehicle is a goner too. Now I can continue on my mission, planting C-4 charges the hydro electric dam upstream from my enemies location to flood them out. Slowly and quietly my 2 little phantoms slither through tall grass slipping into the water following the current to their objective. Being that the area is too hot for aircraft, the 2 quietly slip into a nearby stream following the current to their objective. Quietly they move through the water, because of their re-breathers there are no bubbles. Upon their arrival a few enemy infantry are eliminated. Because the dam is so big they split up to place several charges. Getting well out of range one of the men detonate the charge and disappear back into the grass, and eventually out to sea.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

What I would like to see in TAOW Empty Re: What I would like to see in TAOW

Post  AgustaBE Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:31 pm

the sniper and spotter will certainly be included Thumbs Up!
about the swimming infantry...i guess that most of the spec.ops. will be able to swim =)

grtz
AgustaBE
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:21 pm

It'll be nice if special ops can swim it would be very realistic.
and the enemy wouldn't be safer if their base was next to a river.
What I would like to see in TAOW 225471 What I would like to see in TAOW 225471 What I would like to see in TAOW 225471

Last edited by Pathfinder on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:29 pm

If you guys used a community power source such as hydroelectric like above engineers might be able to control flood gates or power supplies. It wouldn't make any sense to destroy the building because everyone would need it. Besides the fact you break a dam it floods and kills everybody. This could also be used as a form of currency such as oil dericks, don't get me wrong battle points are great but money talks, I don't see why you would want to remove money from the game.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Basically RP is the new currency (it'll perform the same as supplies and cash in ZH), main difference is the way it's obtained this time.

Tactical locations will include buildings as far as I know (there'll be a wide array of such), a dam could be technically considered a tactical point, specially since it usually bridges two important parts of a river.

Pathfinder wrote:I'll be nice if special ops can swim it would be very realistic.

They probably will be included, specially since Beng (a TAOW Collaborator) managed to create swimming infantry.
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  F-35 Lightning II Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:51 am

Guys, Is Ka-50 Hokum is included in the TAOW mod?
F-35 Lightning II
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Oh yeah Wink , both the Ka-50 "Hokum A" and the Ka-52 "Alligator" will be included sunny

In fact, I'm gonna include them on the Team Member's Vehicle Table.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:21 pm

about armor and things of that nature, will there be upgrades from vests to plate armor, bomb suits, etc. Bomb suits would allow for the inclusion of pistols, considering a person in a bomb suit might have a hard time using a rifle, and it would allow for a unit to sustain considerable firepower while moving in range.

Has there been any considerations about chem warfare, gas masks/suits?
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:42 am

Jarhead wrote:about armor and things of that nature, will there be upgrades from vests to plate armor, bomb suits, etc. Bomb suits would allow for the inclusion of pistols, considering a person in a bomb suit might have a hard time using a rifle, and it would allow for a unit to sustain considerable firepower while moving in range.

At the beginning there was to be a lot of separate upgrades, but our Class System took over due to certain reasons (like the lack of possible upgrades, the fact that we have much more diversity and force customization without the need of using the limited upgrades, etc.).

Even so there will be many upgrades (but mostly for more larger and "generalized" changes).

Jarhead wrote:Has there been any considerations about chem warfare, gas masks/suits?

A long time ago I asked Marc the same question, and nope, chemical/biological warfare won't be included (at least in the standard missions), this is mainly due to the absence of WMDs.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:09 pm

With the whole gas mask thing. That is actually kinda nice not to include it. Like Marc even said, micro managing sucks. I think upgrades should go in the direction of eleviating the burden of the games multi tasking aspect. For instance, medics would be very useful on the battlefield, but how about infantry that can heal each other after a certain point as long as there are 2 or 3 or something. Cause in all reality when a man goes down that can take up to 2 out of the fight. Another idea I really like is having a captain for your flag ship that you can put in the field to kinda boost moral/proficiency, but at a disadvantage such as reaction speed on the boat or impeded manuvering ability. Allowing units to have veterency that the opponent can or cannot see depending on the unit, and health that you cannot see unless it apparent like a limp or somekind of visual que. In the case of a unit like a captain I would definetly show the rank to intise the enemy to eliminate him. The SALH system would be nice if you could prompt aircraft to attack targets from some infantry's command window. instead of having to go all the back to where the plane is located to select it, have the button open up whatever kind of airfield/carrier, inventory of aircraft you have to select attack groups (control+0-9) that would take some micro management out of the game. Painting the target should be indicated by a litte red laser dot on the target so if the enemy sees their vehicle is painted they may have time to react by killing the infantry unit targeting them or by simply moving to a location with better firepower.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:53 am

Jarhead wrote:With the whole gas mask thing. That is actually kinda nice not to include it. Like Marc even said, micro managing sucks. I think upgrades should go in the direction of eleviating the burden of the games multi tasking aspect. For instance, medics would be very useful on the battlefield, but how about infantry that can heal each other after a certain point as long as there are 2 or 3 or something.

That's a very interesting idea, though if this happens it might happen with special operations troops. In addition, Marc managed to create a brand new system which will able infantry to recover health (I'm afraid I can't disclose more details at the moment though this system will make infantry combat much more versatile Twisted Evil).

Jarhead wrote:Another idea I really like is having a captain for your flag ship that you can put in the field to kinda boost moral/proficiency, but at a disadvantage such as reaction speed on the boat or impeded manuvering ability.

For this task there are Squad Leaders, squad leaders are able to boost the morale of nearby allied infantry (giving some bonuses). Squad leaders will be included in every game mode (including the Naval Mode), since they are one of the main infantry units.

Jarhead wrote:Allowing units to have veterency that the opponent can or cannot see depending on the unit, and health that you cannot see unless it apparent like a limp or somekind of visual que.

That is an excellent idea sunny, sadly I'm afraid the coding restricts us in that sense.

Jarhead wrote:In the case of a unit like a captain I would definetly show the rank to intise the enemy to eliminate him. The SALH system would be nice if you could prompt aircraft to attack targets from some infantry's command window. instead of having to go all the back to where the plane is located to select it, have the button open up whatever kind of airfield/carrier, inventory of aircraft you have to select attack groups (control+0-9) that would take some micro management out of the game. Painting the target should be indicated by a litte red laser dot on the target so if the enemy sees their vehicle is painted they may have time to react by killing the infantry unit targeting them or by simply moving to a location with better firepower.

In this case then it would must likely be a non-controllable aircraft to give support (since establishing a connection with controllable aircraft like that is probably impossible, at least as far as I know).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down