The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My ideas for u guys ;)

3 posters

Go down

My ideas for u guys ;) Empty My ideas for u guys ;)

Post  Squadleader Sat May 01, 2010 5:28 am

1.It would be very cool if u make a 6 -man squad and if the soldiers walk and see enemys the shoot and run.

If the Infantry are behind a car or sandbags its difficult to hit them ( if the prone or croch too)

Can u do this ??

2.Map with Civilians

3. Blackhawk got a Gun and if u put soldiers in u can see them how they are on the gun ( if ud dont know what i mean ask me again Very Happy )

4. throw grenades ( Like in Company of hereos)

what of these things are able ??

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

My ideas for u guys ;) Empty Re: My ideas for u guys ;)

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Sat May 01, 2010 7:36 am

1) Soldiers will operate in 2-3 men fireteam. The max in a fireteam will be 4 and only on very rare occasions. Each fireteam will be selectable individually. This minimizes the micro-managing and is more practical for transport. For example:

One Humvee will carry 1 fireteam.
A stryker may carry up to 3 fireteams
A blackhawk 4 fireteams
A chinook 6 fireteams and so on...

2) Alot of skirmish maps and campaign missions will be flourished with civilians because in taow we want the player to think before engaging targets. Every dead civillian or collateral damage will have a negative impact on the player's "Points" bank.

3) Yes the black hawk will be fitted with a minigun however the minigun operator will not be visible. Only the minigun.
However i've taken the time to model the interior of the black hawk and functioning doors unlike our original model which was enclosed.

4) We are still deciding on wether or not to include hand grenades. We might and might not. 50% chance

Unfortunately i'm going to have to move your topic due to the fact you haven't followed the guidelines. This is more of a discussion then a requests. Please follow the guidelines from now on for a request:

https://taow.forumotion.com/unit-vehicle-weapon-asset-requests-f56/requesting-guidelines-important-t497.htm

Surprised
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]
General of the Army [Administrator]

https://taow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Sat May 01, 2010 7:51 am

sry Sad but thanks for nswer iam very happy Smile

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Sat May 01, 2010 8:43 am

Don't be it's just a matter of getting used to it. It's a new feature I just added to the site Smile
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Sun May 02, 2010 4:22 am

Ok Wink marc Very Happy i think it was a good decision to buy cnc 3 Very Happy

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Sun May 02, 2010 4:31 am

Lol good, like i said, when taow's out you won't regret it. Razz
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader Sun May 02, 2010 1:45 pm

haha Very Happy:D I belive you Very Happy Wink

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  JNT11593 Sun May 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Marc15yo [Admin] wrote:1) Soldiers will operate in 2-3 men fireteam. The max in a fireteam will be 4 and only on very rare occasions. Each fireteam will be selectable individually. This minimizes the micro-managing and is more practical for transport. For example:

A blackhawk 4 fireteams

2) Alot of skirmish maps and campaign missions will be flourished with civilians because in taow we want the player to think before engaging targets. Every dead civillian or collateral damage will have a negative impact on the player's "Points" bank.

3) Yes the black hawk will be fitted with a minigun however the minigun operator will not be visible. Only the minigun.
However i've taken the time to model the interior of the black hawk and functioning doors unlike our original model which was enclosed.

4) We are still deciding on wether or not to include hand grenades. We might and might not. 50% chance

Unfortunately i'm going to have to move your topic due to the fact you haven't followed the guidelines. This is more of a discussion then a requests. Please follow the guidelines from now on for a request:

https://taow.forumotion.com/unit-vehicle-weapon-asset-requests-f56/requesting-guidelines-important-t497.htm

Surprised

1: Fire team thing sounds cool, I'm curious about how the Units make it in game though. Will there some how be an infinite amount inside barracks such as in Zero Hour or will they be flown in off map. If it's the later will it only drop off 1 soldier at a time or will it drop off entire fire teams? so you could 8 troops at one time.

2. Again interesting, I've always thought it'd be an interesting feature that if you were cautious and didn't blow everything up you would be rewarded (such as additional funding or the insurgency going against the main OPFOR). That's not to say i may or may not enjoy leveling cities with some B-1s and B-52s Twisted Evil

3. M134s are domination. Will soldiers be visible inside the black hawk or will it be like CWC where the doors open/shut but the interior is empty? Also will the MH-60L DAP be seen ingame?

4. Seems like underslung 40mm grenade launchers are a better option than hand tossed frags IMHO.
JNT11593
JNT11593
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] Sun May 02, 2010 2:48 pm

JNT11593 wrote:
Marc15yo [Admin] wrote:1) Soldiers will operate in 2-3 men fireteam. The max in a fireteam will be 4 and only on very rare occasions. Each fireteam will be selectable individually. This minimizes the micro-managing and is more practical for transport. For example:

A blackhawk 4 fireteams

Surprised

1: Fire team thing sounds cool, I'm curious about how the Units make it in game though. Will there some how be an infinite amount inside barracks such as in Zero Hour or will they be flown in off map. If it's the later will it only drop off 1 soldier at a time or will it drop off entire fire teams? so you could 8 troops at one time.

2. Again interesting, I've always thought it'd be an interesting feature that if you were cautious and didn't blow everything up you would be rewarded (such as additional funding or the insurgency going against the main OPFOR). That's not to say i may or may not enjoy leveling cities with some B-1s and B-52s Twisted Evil

3. M134s are domination. Will soldiers be visible inside the black hawk or will it be like CWC where the doors open/shut but the interior is empty? Also will the MH-60L DAP be seen ingame?

4. Seems like underslung 40mm grenade launchers are a better option than hand tossed frags IMHO.

1) Troops will be deployed via Air or ground vehicles (in some rare occasions.) There are multiple ways of deploying troops and we decided to randomize it a bit. Many many possibilities. (Choppers, airborne, and vehicle drop offs...) more will be revealed on troop deployment. There are choices of deploying individual fireteams (via light transports or choppers). A single squad (2 fireteams) via medium transports (chinooks and strykers)....

2) Yes we thought on making the civilian collateral damage feature to be optional and added by the map maker. We are trying to give as much control to the map maker as possible. It's his map, he should decide and influence the gameplay as much as possible. Using our modules which work together with scripts a map maker can simply add a module to the map with a single click. Even with the collateral damage enabled player's bank of points wont be greatly affected. Unless he decided to wipe out an entire city with a bombing run such as you've said Very Happy

3) Unfortunately no, the CNC3 engine does not allow for hordes to be visible when put inside containers. A horde is a fireteam, and a container would be the blackhawk. But at least the interior is modelled and the m134's will be visible, just not their operators. So we decided to keep the doors closed when in flight and opened when landed or deploying troops.

4) That is correct, weapons such as the m203 are much easier to code and hand thrown grenades may become a mess with the cnc3 engine. The AI in the game has a hard time handling multiple weapons. We've done a great job so far, but hand thrown grenades if not handled properly could cause some serious bugs and problems. But if properly done would immensely make gameplay more fun in urban and close environment. This is why the team and i have decided to put the hand grenades on "hold" Basically means it's not a YES but it's not a NO, its low priority.
Marc15yo [Admin]
Marc15yo [Admin]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down