The Art of War Modification Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Standard US Weapon Poll

+16
Specter
Zell_Dincht
Wildstar
rodrodenas
Jarhead
Squadleader
Capt.Drake
Marc15yo [Admin]
ferekh
Tusker2Zero
Chadaface
AgustaBE
General Psycho
James100
Pyrospastiac
Snake
20 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Which weapon should be the next US Military standard assault rifle/light firearm in the mod???

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap43%New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 15 ]
New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap31%New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 11 ]
New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap3%New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap6%New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap17%New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 35

Poll closed

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 Empty Re: New Standard US Weapon Poll

Post  Snake Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:20 pm

lol! Yeah, the MEU SOC pistol is a favorite among the more "elite" ranks of the Marines

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 Meusoc45ace

The Mk.23 SOCOM is a big mama alright, I have a replica and this weapon is almost the size of a Desert Eagle Shocked , with the suppressor attached then it's truly BIG affraid
Many anti terrorist and special forces operators prefer the offspring of the Mk.23, the USP.
The USP is basically a smaller version of the large Mk.23 (there are many versions as well, including one chambered for the .45ACP just like the MK.23 so it's usually preferred).

New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 Socomusp

The Mk.23 is my favorite pistol, this baby combines a large magazine (12 rounds + 1 on the chamber) + extreme accuracy + strong caliber (.45 ACP, perfect caliber for a combat scenario on the offensive sidearm level) + modularity (this weapon accepts a very wide array of attachments to suit the operator's "everyday needs").
Basically the Mk.23 SOCOM is just as we would expect of such a high quality match grade pistol from HK, a perfect combat pistol (the weight and size of the weapon are no problem for me since I'm a big dude).
Snake
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:41 pm

call me old fashioned but I'd like to see a unit with a ppk and silencer, not because its all Bond and stuff but because it its a bad @$$ gun.
Jarhead
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:02 pm

lol! lol! lol!
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:15 pm

Haha, seems there're differences between special operatives needs and covert operatives.. Haha

Personally, i prefer those mk. 23
vrisco
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Same here, the Mk.23 can be a much larger gun (and the PPK haves the advantage in covert operations), but the Mk.23 is another different story when it comes down to combat performance (the Mk.23 SOCOM is one of the few pistols which was built from the ground up to do "offensive" roles rather than the standard defensive roles which most pistols perform).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:27 am

yeah, the Mk. 23 compability to pair up with those LAM and Silencer made those bastard do the job! haha.. ehm, so, when the polling will be closed?
vrisco
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:43 pm

vrisco wrote:yeah, the Mk. 23 compability to pair up with those LAM and Silencer made those bastard do the job! haha..

lol! Too true, the LAM's are quite useful and perfect for spec ops (one visible laser, one infrared laser which is only visible while using night vision goggles and a tactical flashlight).
Those Knight's Armament suppressors are also perfect for spec ops (flash and sound suppression and high durability to the weather and heat).

vrisco wrote:ehm, so, when the polling will be closed?

During the next major update (the Third Mega Update), it looks like the XM8 will be the chosen one New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 36863
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue May 05, 2009 2:52 am

Initially the weapon poll was to end during the Third Mega Update, but since the poll and the chosen competitors were picked for a long time the poll completion countdown was started a few hours ago (to effectively end the poll tomorrow).

The Art of War infantry and various light weapons (including many randomized variants) are currently rollin' on the Alpha front lines New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 36863

Our infantry was fully tested and is now ready to roll Rock on! (and rolling New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 825558), certain specific features such as face, skin coloration and weapon accessory randomization are fully included in play as well New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 356497.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco Tue May 05, 2009 5:11 am

wew, so, the winner is XM-8? i can't wait any further to try this mod
vrisco
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Tue May 05, 2009 5:18 am

Yup, the winner is the XM8 (which will be adopted as the "M8 Assault Rifle"), the team is preparing a LOT of new surprises on this field as well Wink

Just yesterday I was completely speechless with the amount of new weapon variants that Marc made (soldiers will carry TONS of different models, a weapon may use various attachments, magazines, scopes, laser sights, etc. New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 356497).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Tue May 05, 2009 3:32 pm

Well i hope some of the top rifles get into the mod some how.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Wed May 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Hehehe, I believe you'll be extremely surprised when you see what Marc has been up to on the infantry and it's respective weapon department, I sure was New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 386875.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco Fri May 08, 2009 4:37 am

whoaa, i just can't wait to see a spec ops carrying mk. 16 mod 0 with foregrip, silencer and eotech holosight.. haha
vrisco
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri May 08, 2009 10:38 am

Oh yeah Cool! New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 356497

Judging by the latest developments I think the next mega update (Third Mega Update or 'TMU') will be heavily focused on in game content, I'd say that infantry will have a very special spot (we're still gonna have a couple of mini updates before the TMU to present other new stuff though).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  La Ravenn! Sat May 09, 2009 5:42 pm

HK416 has my vote
La Ravenn!
La Ravenn!
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  hudsonboywonder Thu May 14, 2009 9:45 am

You do realize that the XM8 was canceled right? None of these weapons will be the primary rifle for US infantry anytime soon, if at all in the case of the winner of this poll.

It's your mod so do whatever you please, but if you're going for that realism the M4A1/M16A4 will be the primary rifle of US Army and Marine Corps infantry, respectively, for quite some time. A minimum of 5 years, probably much longer given the failures of most recent new small-arms projects and the continued satisfactory performance of the M16 family.

hudsonboywonder
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Thu May 14, 2009 10:47 am

hudsonboywonder wrote:You do realize that the XM8 was canceled right? None of these weapons will be the primary rifle for US infantry anytime soon, if at all in the case of the winner of this poll.

It's your mod so do whatever you please, but if you're going for that realism the M4A1/M16A4 will be the primary rifle of US Army and Marine Corps infantry, respectively, for quite some time. A minimum of 5 years, probably much longer given the failures of most recent new small-arms projects and the continued satisfactory performance of the M16 family.

For Your Information, The XM-8 Has Reentered Production, They're Modifying It A Bit, To Make The Cost In General Affordable
And Will Definitively Reenter +2010
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  hudsonboywonder Thu May 14, 2009 11:06 am

James100 wrote:
hudsonboywonder wrote:You do realize that the XM8 was canceled right? None of these weapons will be the primary rifle for US infantry anytime soon, if at all in the case of the winner of this poll.

For Your Information, The XM-8 Has Reentered Production, They're Modifying It A Bit, To Make The Cost In General Affordable
And Will Definitively Reenter +2010
Any source on that? The only news I've heard is it participated in a firing test last year. I'm impressed with it, but the sad fact is it doesn't look like they'll be adopting it. Expect the M16 series to be around for a while. The most realistic replacements would be the HK416 or the SCAR, but regardless of that the M16 is here to stay for at least another 5-10 years.

hudsonboywonder
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Thu May 14, 2009 11:49 am

Actually When They're Done With The XM8
The US Military Will Have To Choose Between:
_XM-8 (M8)
_HK-416/417 (M416/417)
_SCAR Family
_And A Recently Started Project The XM11, By The Looks, It Won't Last Long Laughing

Well I Can't Link You To The Source, Click On The Webpage On My Profile, And You'll Understand Why...
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Thu May 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Indeed, and if you ask me I'd say the closest thing to the current US weapon replacement would be, at least, the adoption of new weapon parts (specially the receiver if it comes to that) to mount on the M4/M16 (which, by the looks of it, will continue to see military service for a long time, even if a new frontline weapon was adopted, the complete weapon replacement process itself would most likely take decades).

The Art of War, however, happens on an "alternative universe", not related with ZH nor it's a precise reflection of the current global state (fictional political changes or the fact that the EU and US fighting each other are examples of that), since TAOW will happen on an alternative reality we had the chance to include some new and alternative equipment (less generic) and some changes without seeming too "sci-fi" (one of the reasons the XM29 wasn't included on the poll for example).

Take our US Marines for example, they will have new uniform camouflage patterns ("home built" with many inspirations) and when we reached the point when we had to choose which assault rifle we should choose for the US the team had some very interesting discussions and opinions but we eventually decided: "Why not let the players choose for themselves?", so we took a handful of some of the most probable, yet "realistic" replacements (not too futuristic, note that the M4/M16 duo was also included) and initiated the poll to let the future TAOW players choose for themselves.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sat May 23, 2009 3:34 pm

This poll was moved to the "Older Polls" section, since it's no longer running.

Standard posting is available as usual Cool
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac Mon May 25, 2009 6:00 am

Woo! XM8 won it!!! why it was cancelled i'll never know (no, that's not an invite for people to post up articles and discussions explaining why, i already know why THEY cancelled it Razz )

sweet n sleek weapon, practicle too. now it's just a question of what spec ops will be getting if the xm8 is now the standard infantry weapon. scratch

now, ONTO THE NEXT POLL! lol!
what weapon should the EU have as their main weapon?
-G36
-L85/L98A2 (newer and shinier)
-Steyr AUG (A3 varient, newest and shiniest)
-FAMAS
-G3KA4A1 (fancy G3, standard G3 was gettin old)

and any others anyone can think of. Razz
now, before anyone says "yeah, but we won't need a russian poll. they only use the AK-47." think again. there should definatley be a russian weapons poll aswell to cater for their vast range of military hardware.

can't wait for the next poll. look forward to seeing the XM8 all made up for the infantry. keep up the good work

-pyro
Pyrospastiac
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 Mon May 25, 2009 6:46 am

Pyrospastiac wrote:Woo! XM8 won it!!! why it was cancelled i'll never know (no, that's not an invite for people to post up articles and discussions explaining why, i already know why THEY cancelled it Razz )

sweet n sleek weapon, practicle too. now it's just a question of what spec ops will be getting if the xm8 is now the standard infantry weapon. scratch

now, ONTO THE NEXT POLL! lol!
-G36
-FAMAS

now, before anyone says "yeah, but we won't need a russian poll. they only use the AK-47." think again. there should definatley be a russian weapons poll aswell to cater for their vast range of military hardware.

can't wait for the next poll. look forward to seeing the XM8 all made up for the infantry. keep up the good work

-pyro

Yo Yo Yo! sunny
We Missed You Pyro Cool

lol! Well The EU Will Have All Of Those As Standard Depending On The Randomizer And The Infantry Type
Russia Will Use The AK-74M

Also The XM8 Reentered And They Will Fix Stuff In It, And It Will Be The Standard Till 2--->5 Years Later And The M16/M4 Will Go To The Heavenly Playground Razz
James100
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Mon May 25, 2009 6:15 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:now, ONTO THE NEXT POLL! lol!
-G36
-FAMAS

Cheers mate Thumbs Up!

Initially we had the G36 as the main Euro assault rifle, at the moment however, chances are that the European Union will have multiple assault rifles.

It's kind of putting the cart ahead of the horse but the European Union will likely have randomized infantry based on the largest European Military Forces, and with it each Force's respective and iconic assault rifle (such as the G36, L85A2, FAMAS, Steyr AUG, etc.).

For example, let's say an European Rifleman Team is deployed:
One of the soldiers may be carrying an L85A2 and another one a G36.

Let's suppose a Grenadier is deployed:
One may carry a G36 with an AG36 underslung grenade launcher and another grenadier may be deployed with a FAMAS with an M203, pretty sweet if we include this concept New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 356497 .

Pyrospastiac wrote:now, before anyone says "yeah, but we won't need a russian poll. they only use the AK-47." think again. there should definatley be a russian weapons poll aswell to cater for their vast range of military hardware.

-pyro

We also considered creating a weapon poll for the Russian Armed Forces (with various modern competitors such as the AK-74M, AN-94 or the AEK-971).

However, after taking into consideration certain factors we decided to adopt the AK-74M (which is the current Russian service rifle) as the main Russian assault rifle and the AN-94 as the main Russian Special Forces rifle.

One of the main reasons is the fact that the Rebel factions will also extensively use AK's and numerous derivatives (the AK may become the most common light weapon family in TAOW New Standard US Weapon Poll - Page 5 36863 ).
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5